Welcome to the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2XL Forum!

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Yeah, that bezel on the Pixel 2 isn't as bad as originally thought.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I went to the Verizon by my house they only had the Pixel 2 out and it has a nice feel in hand ... I deleted two apps VZW demo and Pixel retail something lol

d97dc9ce03e4775977c6109c722697e0.heic
12faa5bcd3f2a90dd159b0d2207804b5.heic
cb5bc51fb0751fb241170cf167f7db13.heic
95b755bc91758ad93afc6da866af2ca4.heic

Sent using Tapatalk

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I spent about a half hour playing with the XL yesterday. Love it. Might bring me back to Android. Love the feel in the hand. And I am a big fan of the rear button. It was one feature I loved on my LG G2. Sound was pretty good. Display was amazing. And it was lightning fast. My only concern is how any tempered glass screen protectors will work with the curved display.

I'm gonna wait to see some real world usage reports on data reception since that is always a concern where I live and work.

Tap'd from my 7+

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I was playing with it in Verizon today. Though the bezels on the pixel don't look as bad as I bashed it to be, compared next to the 2XL it just looks meh to me. There 2xl looks nice. As far as colors that powder blue is different, but definitely liking the feel. In all seriousness if the pixel 2 looked like the 2 XL, that would be my next phone. But definitely excited about getting my xl2. The pictures really don't do justice how slim the bezels are. Just enough room for the speakers.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I need to get into a Verizon..resist the temptation..

wardo

Reaction score
I received my shipping info today for delivery of the 19th.
Wondering if the store has them on hand today and if I can go get one instead.
I can't wait two more days.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Ok, so a bunch of "reviews" came out today and some have been disappointed with the 2XL's screen saying it's dull or whatnot?

To those who've played with it at Verizon, what's your take on the display? @bkdodger @pc747 and whoever else. Thanks. ✌

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Ok, so a bunch of "reviews" came out today and some have been disappointed with the 2XL's screen saying it's dull or whatnot?

To those who've played with it at Verizon, what's your take on the display? @bkdodger @pc747 and whoever else. Thanks.

It’s rough I just didn’t feel the screen looked as bad as these reviews ...at the same time I’m anxious to get mine in hand really compare in normal environment...

It’s tough in store spending time with it while everything going on and not really able to mess around with settings ...

Sent using Tapatalk

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
It’s rough I just didn’t feel the screen looked as bad as these reviews ...at the same time I’m anxious to get mine in hand really compare in normal environment...

It’s tough in store spending time with it while everything going on and not really able to mess around with settings ...

Sent using Tapatalk
I wonder if they have "vivid colors" setting on or off while doing the review...

I really wish the one they had at the Verizon I visited was charged

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
People are complaining about blue and yellow tint as well. Should I be worried? The screen on my original Pixel XL is looking real good right now lol.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I wonder if they have "vivid colors" setting on or off while doing the review...

I really wish the one they had at the Verizon I visited was charged

I wasn’t able to really change many settings with demo on ...IMO if you can adjust colors which if ya root definitely be able but even without should be good ...but again who knows till I get my phone ...I might leave the house and not like the way it looks while going to work ...I hope it’s not the case ...I’d really love to have pure stock and plenty of the other positives about this phone

Sent using Tapatalk

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I wasn’t able to really change many settings with demo on ...IMO if you can adjust colors which if ya root definitely be able but even without should be good ...but again who knows till I get my phone ...I might leave the house and not like the way it looks while going to work ...I hope it’s not the case ...I’d really love to have pure stock and plenty of the other positives about this phone

Sent using Tapatalk
When does your order come in? I really want to hear your thoughts on it.