The Official "I got my Pixel 2 / Pixel 2 XL" Thread

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Yeah baby, the Pixel 2XL is here! Was at the house when I got home from work. Setup was a breeze, and I'm loving it. Yes the of axis blue hue is there, but I never view it off axis so, makes no difference to me. Used the dongle for my ear buds this morning. Worked like a charm.

I'm going to have to find an easy way to post pics, and will get a few up. Looks like the file size is too large.

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
My Panda XL got delivered earlier today and got it all set up now. I have to say, I'm very impressed with this phone! Display is great imo, very crisp. Minimal blue shift and hardly notice it at all. Tried using it on "saturated mode" but put it on boosted after a while and I love it this way.

Phone is stupid fast and smooth, more so than my original Pixel. No bluetooth issues like some have reported. Streaming and calls work perfectly and assistant fires right up with hey Google command while connected.

Haven't tested the camera much yet but from what I've taken so far in low light, it's definitely the best I've ever used. This phone's a keeper.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
My Panda XL got delivered earlier today and got it all set up now. I have to say, I'm very impressed with this phone! Display is great imo, very crisp. Minimal blue shift and hardly notice it at all. Tried using it on "saturated mode" but put it on boosted after a while and I love it this way.

Phone is stupid fast and smooth, more so than my original Pixel. No bluetooth issues like some have reported. Streaming and calls work perfectly and assistant fires right up with hey Google command while connected.

Haven't tested the camera much yet but from what I've taken so far in low light, it's definitely the best I've ever used. This phone's a keeper.

Nice woohoo ... welcome to the party ...best phone IMO ...It ticks all the boxes...crazy crazy fast ...

Pixel 2 XL

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Finally.

Glad you finally got it. Hopefully you end up getting a good one and not one you have to RMA. I'm thinking because of how long it took that you hopefully got the batch that was fixed of some of the issues.

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Finally.

Glad you finally got it. Hopefully you end up getting a good one and not one you have to RMA. I'm thinking because of how long it took that you hopefully got the batch that was fixed of some of the issues.

Yeah, I got lucky. No issues with this one.

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Nice woohoo ... welcome to the party ...best phone IMO ...It ticks all the boxes...crazy crazy fast ...

Pixel 2 XL
Thanks brother yeah loving it so far!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
For those that decided to wait.
9673677d7b5789b020008dbb4bcc55fb.jpg

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
but do you actually believe that up to 400 buck bit? pass history should make people hesitate
I was mainly referencing the $100 cred, yeah I don't trust Google or any carrier with my trade in. I'll try my luck with eBay or swappa first.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
What's a phone charger?

I feel like I'm able to do that now. My phone charger only gets used if I go on long trips. But for day to day uses Im finding that im averaging putting my phone on the charger at night with 50%+ of battery life.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Mailed (actually clicked with paying online) my last check to Google for the Pixel 2XL.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
lucky...I still have 30+ to go
I just worked a lot of ot and stopped eating out. Also not buying meals for people anymore. I would buy pizza for folks at work, bring stuff, etc. Now those same people will ask if I was going to do that for a Friday and I would respond with I brought my lunch so I'm good.

I'm starting to try and live like I'm broke but be charitable wisely to help those in need and not to be the "cool dude on campus". It's a lesson I wish I would've followed years ago. When I look at the amount of money I would blow through I now just get angered at myself. If I took that money in put it in savings I would have over 5000.