Weatherbug Widget won't open correctly...

bssappe

Reaction score
anyone know why my weatherbug widget keeps asking me to "set Location" or "update data" every time i press on the icon from my home screen? it didn't start doing this until recently and it won't do it all the time. sometimes when i press on it it will open the weather info like i want it to but now it is often doing the other stuff instead of opening. even when i tell it to update, the icon will update the info and that's it and when i press it right after that it will often ask me the same thing or it may open correctly....
anyone else have this problem or know what the problem is or what i'm doing wrong if anything?

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does it require you're gps to be turned on?

I'm not too familiar with WeatherBug

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
anyone know why my weatherbug widget keeps asking me to "set Location" or "update data" every time i press on the icon from my home screen? it didn't start doing this until recently and it won't do it all the time. sometimes when i press on it it will open the weather info like i want it to but now it is often doing the other stuff instead of opening. even when i tell it to update, the icon will update the info and that's it and when i press it right after that it will often ask me the same thing or it may open correctly....
anyone else have this problem or know what the problem is or what i'm doing wrong if anything?

IMHO Weatherbug is one of the worst weather apps available. It has a history of problems going back through it's PC days, I saw issues with it with my Blackberry Storm (other people, I refuse to use it), and many problems over here.

My advice is just deleting it and get another weather app. I have good success with The Weather Channel.

OP
bssappe

bssappe

Reaction score
i do have GPS on but it still does it, I am going to try the elite version.
i understand what you are saying Hookbil and i may end up using weathercahnnel but i just like the way weatherbug looks so i'll stick with it as long as i can.
thanks!

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

You're not doing anything wrong. Although you might be using a task killer that triggers the behavior. Once you (or something else) have killed the running app, it will give you the "update" screen. It doesn't, however, respond immediately to your input. Wait for a minute or so and try again. At that point it will have gotten your location and will open normally.

(Took me awhile to figure out this behavior. Now I either wait a minute or look out the window.)

butch350

Reaction score

IMHO Weatherbug is one of the worst weather apps available. It has a history of problems going back through it's PC days, I saw issues with it with my Blackberry Storm (other people, I refuse to use it), and many problems over here.

My advice is just deleting it and get another weather app. I have good success with The Weather Channel.

I have the paid version of Weather Bug Elite and it's the most worthwhile
apps the the droid store sells. I have had NO PROBLEMS what-so-ever!

I suggest checking your settings again, somewhere along the way you may have uncheck a settting or not checked it.

butch350

Reaction score

Open your Weather Bug app - menu, preferences, my location. Check your
settings.

I have the Weather Bug Elite (paid version) and have had no problems.
When WB ask for a location or data update, it can't find your location.

bennyj

Reaction score
On your widget, if you touch it down low where it says weatherbug, it will bring up the "configure widget" dialog. touch it up higher where the degrees info is and it will open up the app as usual. I have had no problems what so ever with this app. In my opinion the best weather app out!

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3
I get this quite regularly, too. I just changed some settings and I'll see if that fixes it or not; now that the refund windows is 15 minutes, I'm not going to sample the elite version unless I know this bug isn't a part of it.

z96Cobra

Reaction score
The latest WB Elite version is crap. The widgets stopped auto updating. Read the comments before you decide to buy. Hopefully they'll fix it soon. I'm going to install one of my older back-ups.