sometimes Folders won't open

kestrel55

Reaction score
I have to power down and power back up for them to open when I press them. what gives?

phone

Reaction score
Just folders, or apps as well? Sometimes I've had to click twice on a folder to get it open, but never reboot. Maybe you have a process that's sucking all resources? Maybe install TaskManager and have a look.

OP
K

kestrel55

Reaction score
Only folders. I'll try and kill everything next time to see if that helps. And it's only one folder at a time usually, others open just fine.

phone

Reaction score
Doesn't sound so much like a resources issue then. Unless this gets better or someone comes up with a solution for you, I'd probably talk to Verizon about it.

LordKastle

Reaction score
It has happened to me once and was a freak incident..have no clue how it happened and it has not happened since.

OP
K

kestrel55

Reaction score
It happens to me on a regular basis..maybe once every couple of days.

OP
K

kestrel55

Reaction score
bump...this is happening daily now. quiter annoying. Anyone know a fix?

LordKastle

Reaction score
It has happened to me once and never since..you probably have an application conflicting with it somehow. If nothing works just look forward to the update coming in January...but like I said I am sure there is some troubleshooting method to fix it up until then.

andrewdoane

Reaction score
I had that every day for a while. Battery pull always worked for me on a short-term basis. It just stopped one day.

crcamc1973

Reaction score
Same Here

Happens almost daily. For anyone that has resolved the issue.. what apps did you install or uninstall when the problem resolved?

m1chuhsuh

Reaction score
happens to me..
i end up deleting the folder and redoing it.. it is very annoying

Djanvk

Reaction score
I've been having the same problem and I do the delete folder and put a new one on. Yes very annoying.

Actually I had an incident today where all my icons were gone on all three pages, did a restart and they all came back. Very odd.

m1chuhsuh

Reaction score
thank god for technical support at vzw though. I just called them and they seemed really sympathetic about it.

what they suggested is to put your phone on safe mode for awhile (even if it is an inconvenience) so that you'll be able to distinguish if the problem is coming from the phone (in which case they will exchange it for you) or the apps that you have downloaded. If you have no problem during the safe mode, then it's obviously being caused by one of the apps.

hope this helps.
ps. i hate not being able to reproduce the problem when needed. ARGH! :]