weatherbug and gps

nyyfan

Reaction score
recently i was having trouble locking on to a gps signal in maps, gps status, etc and read somewhere that weatherbug might be connected to this. i have weatherbug installed with the temperature showing in the notification panel, location updated by gps and network, updated every hour. the gps has been inconsistent and ive noticed that sometimes if i cant get a signal, and then open weatherbug and update location, and then go back to maps the gps locks on right away. I haven't really come up with any rules to how this seems to work but i was wondering if anyone else has been having issues with gps connected to weatherbug, its a great app and i would like to keep it

JessiesGirl

Reaction score
recently i was having trouble locking on to a gps signal in maps, gps status, etc and read somewhere that weatherbug might be connected to this. i have weatherbug installed with the temperature showing in the notification panel, location updated by gps and network, updated every hour. the gps has been inconsistent and ive noticed that sometimes if i cant get a signal, and then open weatherbug and update location, and then go back to maps the gps locks on right away. I haven't really come up with any rules to how this seems to work but i was wondering if anyone else has been having issues with gps connected to weatherbug, its a great app and i would like to keep it

I haven't had this issue and I do use Weatherbug.

Anything that interrupts the path between you and the satellite can impair your GPS: trees, bridges, tall buildings, etc.

Try noting where you physically were when you had the problem. You may find a pattern.

Edited: based on Backnblack's correction.

Last edited:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

JessiesGirl

Reaction score
Anything that interrupts the path between you and the satellite can impair your GPS: Trees, Bridges, tall buildings, bad cloud cover, etc.

Does heavy cloud cover affect GPS reception? | GPS Tracklog
The GPS signals will not be affected by clouds, rain, fog, snow, etc., because of the combination of their passing through water vapour, and the signal wavelength meaning they "pass through" rain etc.

Thanks for the correction. :)