GPS doesnt work

arty2hottie

Reaction score
Ever since I updated to 4.2 goolge maps app my GPS does not work. I even downloaded gps status and it cannot pick up where I am. Any suggestions or a push in the right direction where someone has talked about this particular problem. I know people are saying their gps is not as accurate but mine does not pick up my location at all.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Try turning GPS off and then on. If that doesn't help, try power cycling the Droid. If that doesn't help try dialing *228 and reactivate (option 1). If that doesn't help, please post here.

fade

Reaction score
on my droid X my gps just continues to say searching for Gps when under google navigation but never acquires it :icon_evil: what can be done?

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Are you outside with a clear view of the sky? GPS generally does not work indoors. If you still can't get a signal sending it in for repair is probably the next step.

stormcastle

Reaction score
same problem

on my droid X my gps just continues to say searching for Gps when under google navigation but never acquires it :icon_evil: what can be done?
I recently had the same problem--searched for answers in this forum. Found solution: turn off phone, remove battery, wait 30 seconds, reinstall battery, turn on phone.
GPS then found.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Get GPS Status and use its tools to clear the aGPS cache. That has always solved GPS fix issues with my Droid, FWIW.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
would this be the first time you're using GPS?

You really have to be in a clear area to get that signal, but once you do it should be fine inside (at least mine is.)