warranty question

Slingky

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this topic fits here, please any mods helpp me move it to the appropriate forum if not.

since the first week I got my droid, the charge usb port has been loose, didn't think it was a big deal but I tried to connect my car charger today and its completely loose, not staying in, just falls out without clicking. my phone is rooted, I saved my backup file before I rooted it. if I want to replace under warranty it I probably need to go back to stock correct? if I go back to stock, will they be able to tell my phone was rooted?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
if you return your phone you WILL need to be stock. I doubt the CS at the VZW store will have the time to investigate but is they do your return to stock should handle.

Mike

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
SlingKy,

Moving this to the Rescue Squad area, I think you will get better help with your issue there. The BlackDroid ROM area is for BlackDroid ROM specific help only.

Jonny, or any of the RS guys, if you see this, please show him just how good the DF Rescue Squad really is :)

Thanks!

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If it is a hardware issue just take it back and you should be fine.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
SlingKy,

Moving this to the Rescue Squad area, I tihnk you will get better help with your issue there. The BlackDroid ROM area is for BlackDroid ROM specific help only.

Jonny, if you see this, please show him just how good the DF Rescue Squad really is :)

Thanks!

We got it thanks

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i will help u get back to stock are you running ud under rom manager

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
SlingKy,

Moving this to the Rescue Squad area, I tihnk you will get better help with your issue there. The BlackDroid ROM area is for BlackDroid ROM specific help only.

Jonny, if you see this, please show him just how good the DF Rescue Squad really is :)

Thanks!

We got it thanks

COOL, you guys in the RS are TOPS!! Wish you were around when I first got a Droid :)

THANKS!!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
To slinky. I just need to know what rom you are running and we will get you all set to take that back to vzw

goingcrazzy

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this topic fits here, please any mods helpp me move it to the appropriate forum if not.

since the first week I got my droid, the charge usb port has been loose, didn't think it was a big deal but I tried to connect my car charger today and its completely loose, not staying in, just falls out without clicking. my phone is rooted, I saved my backup file before I rooted it. if I want to replace under warranty it I probably need to go back to stock correct? if I go back to stock, will they be able to tell my phone was rooted?

verizon in store tecs do not have the ability to flash or eaven look at the rom so as long as you are not rooted and have no .zip files and the lost dir is clean they are clueless:icon_ banana:

i will also say that if you have forced the 2.1 ota update and need to return the phone make sure that you get rid of that .zip file as the ota update left no traces that i can find after the install and reboot

Last edited:
OP
S

Slingky

Reaction score
thank you guys for offering to help, im actually unable to do it right now as I am posting from class (lol) but I will post when I am available asap! sorry if this seems rude, im very grateful for this droid community!

Last edited:

korp

Reaction score
Remember ... restoring an older backup does not make it unrooted. There are a couple simple steps that will set it back to stock .... if you get a new device everything on the phone (except google account stuff and your sdcard stuff) will not be there. When I took mine in, I made sure to delete any apps that require root just to be safe.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
We are here to help you when you are ready. I will put this thread on alert so that when you are ready we will be able to help you.