[WARNING] Replacing your Bionic via Asurion? You're gonna have a baaadd time!

carguy

Reaction score
One more reason to not bother with the waste of money that is mobile phone insurance :icon_ banana:

OP
welsalex

welsalex

Reaction score
Well my girl has succumb to the razr. She loves ICS and the phone is growing on her. Can't wait to have that officially.

SJonesGSO

Reaction score
Was this through Asurion? Is there NO talking them into sending a Maxx instead?

drew96dawg

Reaction score

You may get one if you tell them you had multiple extended batteries to satisfy your power needs

Sent from a Droid2 Using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

SJonesGSO

Reaction score
You may get one if you tell them you had multiple extended batteries to satisfy your power needs

Sent from a Droid2 Using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

I've heard of this working with Verizon, but I was curious if it could work on Asurion..anyone have a success story?

ruck0loc0

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out if they will do the swap for a RAZR Maxx?? I got the RAZR as an insurance replacement and don't get me wrong its an amazing phone but this battery is crap.

SJonesGSO

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out if they will do the swap for a RAZR Maxx?? I got the RAZR as an insurance replacement and don't get me wrong its an amazing phone but this battery is crap.

I'm in the same boat as you! But I just bought a used Maxx for $285 and I'll sell this one (almost new) hopefully for around $250.

LaurelRaven

Reaction score

I've heard that they might if you point out you had the extended battery before, and it's not working for you to be using the much smaller razr standard battery. It's worth a try...

Sent from my ICS Bionic

OP
welsalex

welsalex

Reaction score

I b****ed and moaned with asurion trying to get a maxx, my girl got on a screamed at them for a while, no dice. They wouldn't send a maxx to replace a bionic

ruck0loc0

Reaction score
I did it! I was calm and respectful and told him about the extended battery I had and how the RAZR was not comparable because of the poor battery. He recommended the DROID charge, HTC rezound, and Thunderbolt. After I said no and respectfully asked if he could make an exception for a 10+ year loyal customer he told me he would see what he could do and he came back and told me they would send me a RAZR Maxx AND a memory card for the inconvenience the RAZR had cost me. I'm a happy camper =)

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
i have thought about dropping my complete coverage or whatever its called, but I'm worried that I will lose some of the perks of having my account. I still have unlimited data, still have the $20/month data credit, so I pay $10/month for unlimited data. I am not willing to risk having it mess up anything on my account, so I just accept that I am throwing money away at asurion and move on. :p

I have that same credit across 4 phones.
I don't let them touch *ANYTHING*, no modes to the account at all.

virgil71468

Reaction score
fisch2481 said:
I was having issues with bionic so verizon offered me a razr maxx. They started with offering a razr but I told them I had the extended battery and I didn't want to lose my all day charge. They agreed with me and sent me the maxx... Then when I got my refurbished maxx I was getting horrible battery life only 5 hours so I called and they said that it was a problem with ics with that phone so I convinced them to send me a gs3. This phone is sick. Unlocked bootloader, huge screen 2 gigs of ram and snapdragons processor.

The agents ole' lady must've been sweettttt the night before you spoke to him, lol.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC .246 using Droid Forums

Reaction score
ruck0loc0 said:
I did it! I was calm and respectful and told him about the extended battery I had and how the RAZR was not comparable because of the poor battery. He recommended the DROID charge, HTC rezound, and Thunderbolt. After I said no and respectfully asked if he could make an exception for a 10+ year loyal customer he told me he would see what he could do and he came back and told me they would send me a RAZR Maxx AND a memory card for the inconvenience the RAZR had cost me. I'm a happy camper =)

Did you call Verizon or Asurion??

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

LaurelRaven

Reaction score

None of the three they offered come close to the bionic. I think i would have been screaming if they tried to shove one of them at me.

Sent from my ICS Bionic

ruck0loc0

Reaction score
It was Asurion. Verizon said they couldn't help me so I called asurion and it worked lol