[WARNING] Replacing your Bionic via Asurion? You're gonna have a baaadd time!

welsalex

Reaction score
Public Service Announcement: Asurion is OUT OF STOCK when it comes to Bionics. Supervisor said they will not be receiving more. My girl got a replacement when she smashed the hell out of her bionic. Well the referb she got likes to reboot all the time. So we went to get that one switched out just now and they have NO MORE BIONICS! We were forced to get a Razr, and no they would NOT give out a Maxx!

So be warned.

drew96dawg

Reaction score
Public Service Announcement: Asurion is OUT OF STOCK when it comes to Bionics. Supervisor said they will not be receiving more. My girl got a replacement when she smashed the hell out of her bionic. Well the referb she got likes to reboot all the time. So we went to get that one switched out just now and they have NO MORE BIONICS! We were forced to get a Razr, and no they would NOT give out a Maxx!

So be warned.

Hmm sounds like this could be the final nail in the coffin for the bionic owners out there.

Sent from a Droid2 Using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

OP
welsalex

welsalex

Reaction score
I'm sure verizon still has a back stock of refurbished phones....
Thank God because mine still under warranty for another month.

drew96dawg

Reaction score
Wow this really sucks. It wouldnt be so bad if the original razr had a removable battery so we could at least have the option to buy an extended one like i have with my bionic..

You could buy a razr to maxx conversion kit, or sell the razr and buy a maxx.

jayman350

Reaction score
I would not accept that as an answer from them, unless they were willing to waive the $100 deductible. Getting offered a different phone with the warranty claims through VZW/Moto are a different story since there is no deductible.

If I have to pay for a warranty replacement, you are going to give me the same phone or better.

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
I found out asurion are thieves from the consumerist and dropped them, thought about going with ensquared, but realized that since 1991 I've never lost or physically broken a device. Why have I given away $1700 or so? I was stupid.

jayman350

Reaction score
I found out asurion are thieves from the consumerist and dropped them, thought about going with ensquared, but realized that since 1991 I've never lost or physically broken a device. Why have I given away $1700 or so? I was stupid.

i have thought about dropping my complete coverage or whatever its called, but I'm worried that I will lose some of the perks of having my account. I still have unlimited data, still have the $20/month data credit, so I pay $10/month for unlimited data. I am not willing to risk having it mess up anything on my account, so I just accept that I am throwing money away at asurion and move on. :p

weaseman

Reaction score
I too have discovered that asurion is a joke. I broke my screen on a htc incredible . Had asurion send me a htc incredible to find out three months later the phone i got from asurion is junk phone continues to boot up and shutdown called verizon raised hell and now im in a bionic.

OP
welsalex

welsalex

Reaction score
Im going to also raise hell see if I can get a bionic again for her. She likes the outdoor friendly screen on the bionic

drew96dawg

Reaction score
Conversion kit?? Dang...are you serious? i didnt know such a thing existed.

I believe the kit is around 70usd and if you aren't handy with a dremel the bracket that fits the bigger battery is around 25usd

fisch2481

Reaction score
I was having issues with bionic so verizon offered me a razr maxx. They started with offering a razr but I told them I had the extended battery and I didn't want to lose my all day charge. They agreed with me and sent me the maxx... Then when I got my refurbished maxx I was getting horrible battery life only 5 hours so I called and they said that it was a problem with ics with that phone so I convinced them to send me a gs3. This phone is sick. Unlocked bootloader, huge screen 2 gigs of ram and snapdragons processor.

LaurelRaven

Reaction score
Personally, i bought the bionic for a reason. I've not seen one phone yet that i like better, so anything else they could send me would be a lesser phone to me.

I just hope that changes by the time I'm up for an upgrade (though I'm quite happy that my bionic has held up the way it has).

Sent from my ICS Bionic

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
LaurelRaven said:
Personally, i bought the bionic for a reason. I've not seen one phone yet that i like better, so anything else they could send me would be a lesser phone to me.

I just hope that changes by the time I'm up for an upgrade (though I'm quite happy that my bionic has held up the way it has).

Sent from my ICS Bionic

I couldn't possibly agree more. I'm seriously considering getting my wife a new razr m (she'll never notice) so I can put my clean esn 8 Gb bionic away in case I need it some day.

kurumatt

Reaction score
fisch2481 said:
I was having issues with bionic so verizon offered me a razr maxx. They started with offering a razr but I told them I had the extended battery and I didn't want to lose my all day charge. They agreed with me and sent me the maxx... Then when I got my refurbished maxx I was getting horrible battery life only 5 hours so I called and they said that it was a problem with ics with that phone so I convinced them to send me a gs3. This phone is sick. Unlocked bootloader, huge screen 2 gigs of ram and snapdragons processor.

How did you pull that off? I've tried to complain and it was hard enough getting a replacement bionic let alone a gs3. I would love that!