Asurion and the Maxx....

MuscleDroids

Reaction score
Anyone know if their still backed up?? My phone works fine ..but I dropped it for the first and only time put a crack across this awesomely tough gorilla glass! Id like to just file my claim or since I've had it three weeks call vzw....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

dwwall

Reaction score
I am in the same situation now. Been almost a week on backorder. Has anyone gotten a MAXX through Asurion? If so, please list dates you put request in and date you received it.

Anyone know if their still backed up?? My phone works fine ..but I dropped it for the first and only time put a crack across this awesomely tough gorilla glass! Id like to just file my claim or since I've had it three weeks call vzw....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

DarthKinetic

Reaction score
it took us two weks to get our replacement for the one dropped in the toilet by my son... yeah i know, the toilet.....

anyway, two whole weeks he had to live on my Droid X in the meantime...

we received the phone this last monday.

DethDroid

Reaction score
My mother just ordered a maxx about an hour ago from VZ corporate store they gave her a delivery date of 3/26. I don't know if the OP has grandfathered unlimited data but from what I understand if you activate a non-smartphone as a loaner you will loose your unlimited data. just something to keep in mind when looking for a good backup.

That is correct about losing the unlimited data...my daughters phone was stolen from her backpack and when I called Verizon to see about activating her old phone temporarily they told me the same thing...if its not a smart phone then she would lose the unlimited...we decided she could live without a phone for a few weeks as we were upgrading in 3 weeks. Oh they caught the thief and she got her phone back :)

50%Kraut

Reaction score
That is correct about losing the unlimited data...my daughters phone was stolen from her backpack and when I called Verizon to see about activating her old phone temporarily they told me the same thing...if its not a smart phone then she would lose the unlimited...we decided she could live without a phone for a few weeks as we were upgrading in 3 weeks. Oh they caught the thief and she got her phone back :)

I love happy endings.dancedroid

Thanks for the info about losing the unlimited data... I'll keep that in mind for my Droid followers, as I was the first in the neighborhood hangout to have one.

enigmacrk

Reaction score
Why would you go to the verizon store and ***** about getting a replacement when Asurion is the one whos screwing you? Thats like me going and *****ing at The dealership i bought my car from because i got in an accident and my insurance company didnt pay out.... Thats stupid.

nmos

Reaction score
I'm somewhat surprised that no one has mentioned actually reading your insurance contract and working out what EXACTLY they have promised to do. Then, go buy a replacement phone and send them a bill for whatever they owe you. If they don't pay then take them to small claims court.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

mdotytx

Reaction score
I'm a b*tch when it comes to CS. If they sell me insurance on a phone I bought and they can't either give me the same type of phone or something *I* deem to be better, I won't leave the store until I have someone, somewhere, willing to replace my phone or get someone on the phone at corporate that is going to make it right. Keep going up the supervisor ladder until they make it right!

This is the side of me I don't let my husband see... he saw a glimpse of it once and since then he says, I will leave the room and let you do your thing!! :icon_ devil:

PS I don't think the employer should have to pay for Asurion's lack of inventory, if anything Asurion should have to obtain a new one if that is what it takes to make it right!

Hehe......I'm the exact same way!!!.....have a BF until they make it right!!

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

ShoNuff

Reaction score
true.... I use to work for Sprint and how they deal with Asurion is the same way the other phone companies deal with it. You will not get a loaner phone (against company policy) from the store so its a waste of time and if for some reason 1% of the time they do give you a phone it will be a pos. Your best bet about insurance claims is to go straight to the insurance company and deal with it not the service provider
Why would you go to the verizon store and ***** about getting a replacement when Asurion is the one whos screwing you? Thats like me going and *****ing at The dealership i bought my car from because i got in an accident and my insurance company didnt pay out.... Thats stupid.

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
I can somewhat see talking to Verizon. The comparison of car insurance isn't entirely correct. With Verizon, they sell you the insurance. Or at least they try. Car dealerships don't sell you Geico so your comparison is flawed.

However, I agree with you in that Verizon can't be expected to help. But I feel that way because customer service is dead for two reasons:

1- Corporate Greed
2-Pain in the a** customers who "throw a BF" until they get their way as opposed to being polite and reasonable.

Verizon ought to correct what the insurance won't since they sell the policy. Then they should be the ones to negotiate with the insurance, if the insurance tries to screw you. The reasoning for this, is it gives Verizon a bad image. But this is NOT a perfect world.....

enalborno

Reaction score
Really good experience

So I may or may not have destroyed my screen on my month old razr maxx and I will say that I actually had a really good experience with Asurion. I requested it online, paid the deductible, and got what seems to be a brand new Razr Maxx in the mail the very next day. The claim took me less than 5 minutes and I was actually impressed with the process. Yeah I wish I didn't have to shell out the $100 but oh well it's better than paying the $800 for the same phone. I'm pretty happy with the end result.

MuscleDroids

Reaction score
That's awesome. That gives me confidence in being able to get a replacement my phone only has a minor crack that goes all the way across :/ but I just don't want to fork out 100. But if replacements are nice ill get one also invest in a case and screen protector!

rosariorose9

Reaction score
So I may or may not have destroyed my screen on my month old razr maxx and I will say that I actually had a really good experience with Asurion. I requested it online, paid the deductible, and got what seems to be a brand new Razr Maxx in the mail the very next day. The claim took me less than 5 minutes and I was actually impressed with the process. Yeah I wish I didn't have to shell out the $100 but oh well it's better than paying the $800 for the same phone. I'm pretty happy with the end result.

That's great to hear. Hopefully the op has now had his replaced as well..

mikespe

Reaction score
To be honest, as mad as I would be a ASSurion for not at the very least offering a TEMPORARY replacement until more MAXX's come in...I blame Motorola for dropping the ball AGAIN! First they screwed Bionic owners with lack of support...but WHY don't they have Verizon supplied with enough MAXX's when they are pushing them in commercials day & night? I switched from the Bionic to the Nexus and couldn't be happier! I am SOOOO finished with Moto!

I hope all works out with the OP!!!

ShadesOfGrey

Reaction score
I can't complain. I shattered my screen last week. (screen actually functioned even though it was all spidered) I literally went on the asurion website and filed my claim from my phone. I filed the claim on saturday and had the replacement (which appeared to be brand new, not refurb) on tues.

I am extremely happy with the service I got. Basically a hassle free claim with a 2 day (not including sunday) turn around to my door. There is not really much more I could ask for. Pair that with the ease of moving all my data to the new phone and being literally back up and running in minutes the whole thing was incredibly painless. The steeper $99 deductible sucked, but the super fast replacement and the quick easy claim made it all worth it.

I was a little weary since I had read this thread just days before my accident and was worried that there would be none in stock or it would take forever.

Hopefully others will have better luck. Maybe they just got more inventory in before I filed my claim, but I was glad not to have any of the issues everyone in this post had. With any luck it's not something I will need to use again for a very long time (or ever) but I will definately keep the insurance just in case!

:)