Asurion and the Maxx....

Hockey

Reaction score
I am a Paramedic for my one job and as we were pulling a patient out of the truck, she kicked me in the chest. Checked my phone and my screen is shattered. So..since I have insurance....I call Asurion. File my stuff on the automated system and go talk to the human.

He tells me they don't have the Maxx. I'm like wait..what? When will you get more in? He tells me maybe 5-7 days but he doubts it since they really haven't had Maxx's come in in a while. So I got another email today telling me the same 5-7 more days till possibly in stock. My phone is unusable...

He tells me there is nothing comparable to the Maxx so they can't help me.

WHY do I pay insurance every month if they can't even give me a new phone?!?! I'm going to Verizon tomorrow and going to see what they can do...this is ridiculous....

Any advice? I need my phone for work so its not helping out...

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sucks....
Since it happened on the job and it's needed I would also hit my boss up for a replacement .....

----posted maxx'ed out----

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
I'm a b*tch when it comes to CS. If they sell me insurance on a phone I bought and they can't either give me the same type of phone or something *I* deem to be better, I won't leave the store until I have someone, somewhere, willing to replace my phone or get someone on the phone at corporate that is going to make it right. Keep going up the supervisor ladder until they make it right!

This is the side of me I don't let my husband see... he saw a glimpse of it once and since then he says, I will leave the room and let you do your thing!! :icon_ devil:

PS I don't think the employer should have to pay for Asurion's lack of inventory, if anything Asurion should have to obtain a new one if that is what it takes to make it right!

huskur

Reaction score
Go to a local Verizon Wireless store and explain what you just told us. They will happy to help. Loyal customers are valued these days.

OP
Hockey

Hockey

Reaction score
Sucks....
Since it happened on the job and it's needed I would also hit my boss up for a replacement .....

----posted maxx'ed out----
Won't happen lol

Go to a local Verizon Wireless store and explain what you just told us. They will happy to help. Loyal customers are valued these days.

I'll be heading up there here shortly when they open in about 40 minutes. Hopefully they're in a good mood

Picaso86

Reaction score
I will be so mad at Asurion. Try to go at the Verizon Corporate ladder until someone pays attention. Last year, I had the same issue with my TBolt and let me tell you, I wrote an email everyday until I got a new phone. Good Luck...

SallyC

Reaction score
I am a Paramedic for my one job and as we were pulling a patient out of the truck, she kicked me in the chest. Checked my phone and my screen is shattered. So..since I have insurance....I call Asurion. File my stuff on the automated system and go talk to the human.

He tells me they don't have the Maxx. I'm like wait..what? When will you get more in? He tells me maybe 5-7 days but he doubts it since they really haven't had Maxx's come in in a while. So I got another email today telling me the same 5-7 more days till possibly in stock. My phone is unusable...

He tells me there is nothing comparable to the Maxx so they can't help me.

WHY do I pay insurance every month if they can't even give me a new phone?!?! I'm going to Verizon tomorrow and going to see what they can do...this is ridiculous....

Any advice? I need my phone for work so its not helping out...

Looking at Verzion's FAQ about insurance (question #5) it says (my emphasis bolded):

If I file a claim through Total Equipment Coverage or Wireless Phone Protection, how quickly will I receive my replacement device?
For insurance claims received Monday through Thursday (for lost, stolen, or damaged devices under Total Equipment Coverage or Wireless Phone Protection) Asurion will ship your device for next business day delivery. Please click here for claim and shipping timelines.

• For claims received on Friday prior to the claim and shipping timeline noted here, devices will be shipped for Saturday delivery; you can request Monday delivery.​
  • Claims completed Friday after the shipping timeline noted here but before Saturday at 3:30 p.m. Eastern (12:30 pm Pacific) will ship for Monday delivery.​
  • Claims completed Saturday after 3:30 p.m. and all day Sunday will be shipped for Tuesday delivery.​
Note: Next day/Saturday delivery may not be available in some locations.​
For defective device claims, replacement devices may be obtained by visiting a Verizon Wireless Store or by calling (866) 406-5154.

I would consider what they are telling you to be a breach of contract. Maybe talking to the supervisor, getting their name, and then going to Verizon customer support would be helpful. I think they work very hard to resolve these issues. Otherwise you can threaten various other actions.

Btw, I had to laugh about how your phone got broken - a patient kicking you. Sorry, but I used to work as an RN in Critical Care and ED and your story bought back a lot of oddly fond memories. Glad you didn't get hurt.

OP
Hockey

Hockey

Reaction score
Breach of contract? I'm sure they have something in there about backorders.

I went into two stores, both don't have the Maxx and said they MIGHT get some in next week, but the same thing happened last week and the week before and nothing came in. Both stores said they haven't had any in since the day I got mine (release day)

I called the *611 number and talked to a lady and told her basically I am paying the $7 or $7.99 or whatever it is for what? NOTHING!. She kept saying she understood, and if they had any in, she would just bypass Asurion and charge me $99 for a new Maxx. But they don't have any in. She said some might be in on the 26th, but don't hold my breath.

So I call Asurion back, and they tell me the same thing. This time, (I think he was some kind of supervisor I guess) he told me that they haven't had any Maxx's in in quite a while. And it is very possible that they won't get any in until June or even until early Fall.

Guys...I don't even know what to say...or do? The screen gets EXTREMELY hot after a few minutes of use. It goes haywire. Replacing the screen isn't an option because something underneath is broke too I believe causing it to do this.

The guy from Asurion said I could always buy a Maxx off eBay or somewhere and then send the receipt into Asurion and they might reimburse me. MIGHT?!?!? NO!

He told me they are out of Razr's as well, but they couldn't offer it to me anyway because everything out there is a downgrade

I have no idea what to do...

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Breach of contract? I'm sure they have something in there about backorders.

I went into two stores, both don't have the Maxx and said they MIGHT get some in next week, but the same thing happened last week and the week before and nothing came in. Both stores said they haven't had any in since the day I got mine (release day)

I called the *611 number and talked to a lady and told her basically I am paying the $7 or $7.99 or whatever it is for what? NOTHING!. She kept saying she understood, and if they had any in, she would just bypass Asurion and charge me $99 for a new Maxx. But they don't have any in. She said some might be in on the 26th, but don't hold my breath.

So I call Asurion back, and they tell me the same thing. This time, (I think he was some kind of supervisor I guess) he told me that they haven't had any Maxx's in in quite a while. And it is very possible that they won't get any in until June or even until early Fall.

Guys...I don't even know what to say...or do? The screen gets EXTREMELY hot after a few minutes of use. It goes haywire. Replacing the screen isn't an option because something underneath is broke too I believe causing it to do this.

The guy from Asurion said I could always buy a Maxx off eBay or somewhere and then send the receipt into Asurion and they might reimburse me. MIGHT?!?!? NO!

He told me they are out of Razr's as well, but they couldn't offer it to me anyway because everything out there is a downgrade

I have no idea what to do...

The only places around my area that have a Maxx in stock are the authorized premium retailers. Depending on your location, Best Buy might have them as well.

But I have no idea how you could make it work since neither of those are Verizon corporate, and you'd likely have to pay full retail.

I'm assuming you are, but have to ask - are you beyond your 14 days to return/exchange?

OP
Hockey

Hockey

Reaction score
Yup, I got mine the day of, or one day after release at the store.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yup, I got mine the day of, or one day after release at the store.

Dang... I was going to say take it back and make them let you return it. Then head over to a BB or premium retailer and get your upgrade there.

Hmm... at the very least, if there's no immediate solution (which there simply might not be due to the lack of stock of this phone), they should refund you your Asurion costs since you got the Maxx.

I have a feeling the best you're going to be able to do is getting the Verizon store to swap it out for a loaner until they get more Maxx's in.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What is Asurion offering as an alternative to the Maxx? They had to have done that? Be calm, call Asurion back, request to escalate to a Supervisor. Be sickning sweet nice and explain what's going on and how you, as a paramedic need the replacement badly. I say Asurion first since you have insurance. If you get nowhere with Asurion, call *611, thank the helpful CS rep profusely, but that you again need to escalate to a supervisor. When they do that, be sure to ask if they are an actual Supervisor or if they are in the supervisor que as a helpout. If they are not an actual supervisor tell them you need to actually speak to a Supervisor, and then if they are not able to help you (all the while being super nice and polite), then tell them you need to escalate to their "A.D." - which is the associate director, or in other words, the Supervisor's boss. They will probably tell you the A.D. will need to call you back, which is not unusual. Explain to them what has happened.

My other thought, anything you can do to get reimbursed for the broken phone from the patient's insurance?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
You might check with Ensquared or someone like that as well... they allow up to 3 incidents within your 2 years, so they *might* take you on knowing that. However, the issue of supply could be a problem there as well.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
What Vulcan said is probably the very best way to go about it. In my experience, ASURION SUCKS! They screwed me over on a replacement. I'll never use them again. I buy insurance from another provider. Like jntdroid said though, lack of supply will be an issue. I always keep my old phone for an emergency back up in cases like this until I can get things straightened out. I don't know if this is an option for you just to tide you over. I've even loaned my old phone to a friend who had an issue similar to this. Do you have a buddy with an old phone lying around that you could activate and use for a few days?
Dealing directly with Verizon as Vulcan said may give you the best and quickest results. I would also emphasize the "nice and polite" aspect of his comment. Good luck

OP
Hockey

Hockey

Reaction score
What is Asurion offering as an alternative to the Maxx? They had to have done that? Be calm, call Asurion back, request to escalate to a Supervisor. Be sickning sweet nice and explain what's going on and how you, as a paramedic need the replacement badly. I say Asurion first since you have insurance. If you get nowhere with Asurion, call *611, thank the helpful CS rep profusely, but that you again need to escalate to a supervisor. When they do that, be sure to ask if they are an actual Supervisor or if they are in the supervisor que as a helpout. If they are not an actual supervisor tell them you need to actually speak to a Supervisor, and then if they are not able to help you (all the while being super nice and polite), then tell them you need to escalate to their "A.D." - which is the associate director, or in other words, the Supervisor's boss. They will probably tell you the A.D. will need to call you back, which is not unusual. Explain to them what has happened.

My other thought, anything you can do to get reimbursed for the broken phone from the patient's insurance?

Vulcan, they said they cannot offer me any alternative since the "Maxx is the best, and everything else is a downgrade. We can't do that".

I have been very calm, and have talked with a supervisor I believe (he put me on hold and told me he was getting one since we are having problems, but I never confirmed it)

And no go on the patient's insurance. Medicare, and I would have better luck getting elected POTUS before getting something from them. The patient wasn't mentally there, so I can't blame them really.