Wanting to Re-root Droid X, Need Assistance.

Discussion in 'Droid X Rooted Help' started by zeldarocks, May 15, 2012.

1. zeldarocks

zeldarocks Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just got the Razr Maxx to replace the Droid X; I'm wanting to take advantage of the extra phone and go ahead and reroot the Droid X. Here's the problem: I'm on the latest OTA and have rooted in the past, which means that none of the methods are working as they should. I'm hearing that I should be SBFing my Droid in order to be able to root; well, I already tried SBFing, it's as if nothing changed: my settings were retained, alarms were still set, and everything seemed unchanged overall. I want to do this and re-root my droid X without destroying my phone; given that I'm on latest OTA, I should probably be using .621 to do so, given the possibility of bricking if I use anything lower.

2. leftspin

leftspin Active Member

Ratings:
    +8
    You need to use the Milestone X .604 SBF. You can flash earlier Milestone X builds but not Droid X builds (the Milestone X is the European generic version of the Droid X without Verizon's branding).

That'll bring you back to where you want to be so you can root it with the Droid 3 One Click script or the ZergRush root.

3. zeldarocks

zeldarocks Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Wait, I'm supposed to use flash .604 instead of .621? Will that not brick my phone? I'm already on .621 through SBF via RSD Lite.

4. leftspin

leftspin Active Member

Ratings:
    +8
    A Verizon build will brick it, as I said a milestone build like .604 will not. The only way you'll be able to root is to flash the Milestone SBF, .621 isn't rootable (yet)

5. PS3Gamer

PS3Gamer Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You can then "save" root and sbf to .621 and obtain root again. I haven't done it yet because I'm not sure exactly how to get root back with current version.

6. leftspin

leftspin Active Member

Ratings:
    +8
    You can use the OTA Rootkeeper app but there's also a pre rooted .621 zip that you can flash in CWM once you root the Milestone build which is probably easier than an SBF

Search tags for this page
droid x re root
how to re root droid x
how to root mileston x.604
milestone .604 sbf

milestone x .604

re root droid x

re rooting droid x
re-root a rooted droidx
reroot rooted droid x
rooted and flashed droid x how to re root