Droid X FroYo Loss of Root

OP
darthrogue

darthrogue

Reaction score
i don't have a version of EasyRoot that is compatable with android 2.2... I bought it on the market before google took it off... I can tell you that universal androot does not work with the 2.2 update on the droid x... now have root and the 2.2 update... but I had to flash back to 2.1, restore my apps from a titanium backup, copy the su to the xbin folder instead of just the normal bin folder... I then was able to run the update and keep my root... Hope this helps someone...

nathank

Reaction score
Well heres the crazy thing. Today I woke up and got a notification that my Titanium Backup app finished completing a backup. However, when I went into the program it said it does not have root access. Now the busybox updater app says I'm rooted, but it cannot install the new busybox... wtf. Why cant they just let us do what we want with an open-source OS? Seems oxymoronic to me... granted not everyone needs that kind of permissions or access, so they should have a buried menu option, rather than locking it down...

nathank

Reaction score
Also I didn't know that there were two versions of the update.zip
I wonder if it is possible if I'm at 2.2 now, and then try to use the rooted zip to upgrade if it would restore root. Problem now is, its hard to find the rooted zip folder since motos cease and desist orders.