Root for 2.2

Jaeger

Reaction score
Ok, my Easyroot won't root my newly upgraded X. Would someone please fix up one of the one click root apps so that I can have root access again? Please?

liferefugee

Reaction score
check back tomorrow, I bet someone will have something. I have even heard that there is a 1 click out there already.

OP
J

Jaeger

Reaction score
I hope so. I miss having my root apps.

drunkclever

Reaction score
I rooted@ 2.1 with easy root. I have a few spa that require root access. I did the ota and nothing changed with my root access. Phone works really smooth now.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
J

Jaeger

Reaction score
I've seen that method. If worse comes to worse I'll try it that way but I'm really more of a one click kind of user.

xliderider

Reaction score
I rooted@ 2.1 with easy root. I have a few spa that require root access. I did the ota and nothing changed with my root access. Phone works really smooth now.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Dam, I was rooted with Easy Root too, but I chickened out and unrooted while the OTA was downloading. I was afraid I'd get stuck in a boot loop or something if I was rooted and the OTA update was applied.

Kungfutrip

Reaction score
I also re-rooted after the 2.2 update using the XDA guide for the Droid 2.

FYI I did not unroot prior to installing the OTA update, but I did restore all of the stock apps just to make sure there wouldn't be any issues. Then performed the 2.2 update, which took away my happy root access.

I Followed these very nice and detailed instructions:

xda-developers - View Single Post - How to root the Droid 2

The only weird thing that happened to me was the part where you run rageagainstthecage.bin and it's supposed to sit there for a period of time and kick you out of the adb shell - that didn't work for me. I let it sit for a long time, retried several times and no luck. Then I decided to just wait a little while, hit "control-c" in the command prompt to kill it, restarted my shell and had the # prompt indicating root access. Rest of the steps worked fine for me!

If you can't wait for an easy one click solution, it's really not hard to follow the steps and copy/paste the command line instructions.

(Of course do so at your own risk, I'm not responsible for bla bla just sharing my experience)

OP
J

Jaeger

Reaction score
So, anyone have that one click root program yet?

rskap67

Reaction score
I'm not advanced enough for the whole rooting method. I prefer a one-click root. I will wait for that to come out.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not advanced enough for the whole rooting method. I prefer a one-click root. I will wait for that to come out.

Don't know if you're going to see one click rooting for 2.2 in the near future. Changes made in 2.2 are making it more difficult to root. Long method may be the only way.

I wish they would come up with a one click method for my D2, but I would never use Easy Root. Too many issues I've seen with that product.

OP
J

Jaeger

Reaction score
This morning I successfully rooted my phone with the modified"one click"method. I didn't think it had worked but the phone was stuck on the boot screen animation so I removed the battery and restarted it. Superuser access granted! If I can make this work most anyone should be able to do it.