Help! Droid X now freezing up after boot / after rom upgrade / after SBF flash back

solidhadriel

Reaction score
Hi all!

I think this is karma, I decided to upgrade from the 'pre-release' rooted GB to the official GB, and read that I had to update my radio (.07?) so, I decided to root to a the 'official' droid x gingerbread .595.

That worked but would not let me update to the OTA, so I was reading various online threads that I should roll back to 2.3.340 OTA, so I SBFd back to it, and now my Droid FREEZES after boot up EVERY time!

I can't make it last long enough to root it, or do anything. It nearly instantly freezes up as soon as the background boots up.

I tried SBFing twice, and my latest SBF I got from was '1kdsdroidx' Google site (where he keeps the 'latest and greatest' SBFs).

No luck.

I'm in desparate need, as I'm also buying a house and I'm waiting on Escrow to call me back to give me my keys (Closed yesterday!) and now my phone is completely non-functional! :(

OP
S

solidhadriel

Reaction score
Has anyone had any similar issues?

To add to the issues: the background remains completely BLACK on boot up, but you can still see the 'phone' '/\' and 'Person' icons. After I click one of those the phone locks up.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

wyld

Reaction score
Hi all!

I think this is karma, I decided to upgrade from the 'pre-release' rooted GB to the official GB, and read that I had to update my radio (.07?) so, I decided to root to a the 'official' droid x gingerbread .595.

That worked but would not let me update to the OTA, so I was reading various online threads that I should roll back to 2.3.340 OTA, so I SBFd back to it, and now my Droid FREEZES after boot up EVERY time!

I can't make it last long enough to root it, or do anything. It nearly instantly freezes up as soon as the background boots up.

I tried SBFing twice, and my latest SBF I got from was '1kdsdroidx' Google site (where he keeps the 'latest and greatest' SBFs).

No luck.

I'm in desparate need, as I'm also buying a house and I'm waiting on Escrow to call me back to give me my keys (Closed yesterday!) and now my phone is completely non-functional! :(

Do a battery pull and when you power back on at same time hold down power and home until you see android robot a triangle with.! In it! Then press searsh key for stock recovery use volume keys and camera button to select scroll down wipe data factory reset after that's done reboot system this works on if youbare on Froyo

sent from my not rooted-not liberated-Froyo DroidX :-(

Last edited:
OP
S

solidhadriel

Reaction score
I would have done that...Except my stock factory reset...yeah that doesn't exist anymore.......long story from a long time ago. :(

Edit: Thanks for the suggestion though..

wyld

Reaction score
The button sequence for Stock recovery gingerbread has changed I can't remember what the sequences right now but they are on a liberty rom bug report thread on the forum

OP
S

solidhadriel

Reaction score
I can't do a factory reset, but I've wiped cache and that didn't help me any.

Basically my factory reset info was deleted..

OP
S

solidhadriel

Reaction score
OK...So after about 6 times of trying to do a 'factory wipe'...it worked this time....Whew....

I KNOW how to SBF, is there an SBF out there that would put me straight to GB? That would be sweet. I just panicked because of how important my phone being on right now is to me and I must have messed up somewhere along the way when things didn't go my way....

Update: I got my phone working.

Panick attack over.

Thanks everyone. lol

wyld

Reaction score
You can't get into stock recovering?

OP
S

solidhadriel

Reaction score
AND my realtor just came by my work and dropped off my keys!!

Everything is falling into place now. Lol!!

OP
S

solidhadriel

Reaction score
/\ I actually visited that page earlier today, and for some reason or another (most likely from my panick attacks) that I thought this would not work. I think I was just in a rush to fix my phone and lost common sense.

Thanks for that though! I'm downloading the OTA right now on my phone anyway.