Want to upgrade from my Razr Maxx to the Droid Turbo . . . but . . .

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Last post was in june... I think Verizon closed that loophole in August

You better refresh the page on your browser or something.
There are post today from someone who just got a note 4 this way and kept unlimited data.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Verizon tier two support told me it will work initially, but once the servers catch up it will bump you to the 2GB nationwide calling plan and you'll lose unlimited. He said even if you keep data on the dumb line it will flagi the upgrade as belonging on the dumb line and that will trigger the lost plan after about a few weeks.

I have a great insider there and I've kept contact info for him. He's said that I can call anytime and ask another tech to send him an email and he'll call me back. He was probably the most knowledgeable I've ever talked to from Verizon in 20 years.

I'm not saying he's right or wrong but I'd rather not chance it.

Last edited:
Reactions: cr6

MarBearCat

Reaction score
I don't have a "dumb line"

A dumb guy on the end of my line I gots!

:-D

Full price for me. $$$

=^ .". ^=

1coopgt

Reaction score
Verizon tier two support told me it will work initially, but once the servers catch up it will bump you to the 2GB nationwide calling plan and you'll lose unlimited. He said even if you keep data on the dumb line it will flagi the upgrade as belonging on the dumb line and that will trigger the lost plan after about a few weeks.

I have a great insider there and I've kept contact info for him. He's said that I can call anytime and ask another tech to send him an email and he'll call me back. He was probably the most knowledgeable I've ever talked to from Verizon in 20 years.

I'm not saying he's right or wrong but I'd rather not chance it.

You might want to fix the errors in this post it's very confusing .

Last edited by a moderator:

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
... but Verizon has closed all those loopholes.

The Best Buy method no longer works? Even if it did, not sure how one would go about swapping out a sim card with the non-removeable battery/back.

xratablancax

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 no root :(
The Best Buy method no longer works? Even if it did, not sure how one would go about swapping out a sim card with the non-removeable battery/back.

I think sim cards are the one thing that need to be removable and easy to get to since the line is attached to your sim and not your 4G phone

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
the SIM card is located in a tray built into the volume up/down buttons. Foxkat is lazy and uses voice to text, at least he should have left his disclaimer up.

jfriend33

Reaction score
Wait for droid turbo to come to best buy.

Or add a line with tiered data and continue to swap upgrades and resell devices in pristine condition to cover your new 360 a year cost.

There was a rumor that the unlimited data could drop off on the next bill cycle but I haven't seen any reports of that happening when transferring an upgrade from an unlimited line to a tiered data line (for future upgrades since adding the line you'd be eligible immediately).

Just wait until root is confirmed, buy one from swappa. But you're taking the risk that you may only have access to a model with unrootable lollipop. But I'm sure there will be some for sale...

Sent from my unlocked consumer edition Motorola Droid Maxx xt1080m.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
You might want to fix the errors in this post it's very confusing .
Errors fixed. Damn voice to text can sometimes really destroy a posting. Thanks for the notice!

jfriend33

Reaction score
Also slickdeals.net is the place with the most confirmed reports of upgrading without losing unlimited

Sent from my unlocked consumer edition Motorola Droid Maxx xt1080m.