keypad from the droid maxx?

lgbalfa

Reaction score
is there an app to replicate the old keypad from the droid maxx?

i think that i like that better than the current one on the droid turbo.

please let me know.

thanks

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I don't know if there's a direct port, but there are a fair number of third party dialers in the Play Store you could check out. Might find something you like better, too. :)

I upgraded from an abused S3 to a brand new Moto X (1st-gen) and I can't say as I liked the dialer at first. Still not a huge fan of it, but I adapted.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
THAT is a good-looking dialer! Thanks for posting the find. I'm sure someone else looking to get away from the unholy mess that is the new stock dialer will appreciate it, too!

:)

OP
lgbalfa

lgbalfa

Reaction score
THAT is a good-looking dialer! Thanks for posting the find. I'm sure someone else looking to get away from the unholy mess that is the new stock dialer will appreciate it, too!

:)

glad you like it!

i just wanted something simple but classy.

i think think this fits the bill!

Hodor

Reaction score
This is a nice looking dialer! But it makes me nervous the developers are in Russia. Call me paranoid I guess...

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
I understand the paranoia, but keep in mind that being from the Play Store means it's far less likely to be malware. Also, if the permissions look suspicious, don't install it. :) Two good rules of thumb for any application.

Hodor

Reaction score
That's the problem, a dialer asks for permissions to just about everything on your phone.... a lot of data to give someone access to..

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Good read, I go over a bunch of permissions as I see them just to be sure I'm getting the same info. from all the reports. I too hate the stock dialer on the Turbo ... still have understood why they have a "clock" symbol for a menu button? But I figured I keep working it before adding to many strange new apps. until 5.0.? comes out and have a load of apps. that cause more problems than it already has or has had ( I hope ) LOL

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I guess I never put much thought into the dialer.. Other than finding out that if you disable your animations in developer options.. It doesn't work right.. Other than that I guess I'm easy to please... Lol

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Good read, I go over a bunch of permissions as I see them just to be sure I'm getting the same info. from all the reports. I too hate the stock dialer on the Turbo ... still have understood why they have a "clock" symbol for a menu button? But I figured I keep working it before adding to many strange new apps. until 5.0.? comes out and have a load of apps. that cause more problems than it already has or has had ( I hope ) LOL
That clock symbol represents history (i.e. time), and when you tap it, you see the chronological history of all calls incoming and outgoing, newest to oldest and whether they were completed or not by the colors of the arrows and which direction they're facing. Up and away is outgoing and down and towards is incoming. Blue and red for connected and not connected in incoming, and green and red for outgoing

Sent from my Droid Turbo on Tapatalk.

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Thanks, Guess I'm to brain dead to figure that out... I feel so much better :)

Now !!! What is the landing date of flight 5.?.? :)