Want a perfect Bionic? Can't Wait For The Update? Here's How..

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've tried at least ten different times, complete stock rooted - and I get an error while verifying system, motorola.zumocast...

...guess it wasn't meant to be :sad-b:

diablo81588

Reaction score
finally got 893 to install but i lost the 1% battery incriments. The deoxed file will no longer install on the 893 system. I could not find a new zip file. Anyone have a link to reinstall deoxed on 893 system? The circle battery meter works but i am back to 10% incriments instead of 1%

Here, this deodexes it and adds 1% battery mod.

http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9811

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can someone who has successfully done this 893 update post their baseband and kernel version numbers under settings/about phone, thanks :)

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Can someone who has successfully done this 893 update post their baseband and kernel version numbers under settings/about phone, thanks :)

5.5.893.XT875.Verizon.en.US

2.6.35.7-g68606e6
vwm737@il93lnxdroid43 #1

Oops Baseband
CDMA_N_03.1C.57R Itedc_u_05.15.01

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I was hoping I could be smarter than the system by installing Th3ory which (I believe) has the new radio and kernel and then flash liberty on top but the numbers don't match up :disappointed:

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks, I was hoping I could be smarter than the system by installing Th3ory which (I believe) has the new radio and kernel and then flash liberty on top but the numbers don't match up :disappointed:

Th3ory uses the .893 system, but not the radio and kernel. The only way to get the radio and kernel is by running the .893 OTA. I haven't been paying attention to this thread, what's the issue you're having? Maybe I can help as I've been through a few times now and had lot's of problems. Finally got things lined out.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Post #91 explains it, I get a verifying system error while running the update like maybe I am missing zumocast but I did a full FXZ back to stock

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Post #91 explains it, I get a verifying system error while running the update like maybe I am missing zumocast but I did a full FXZ back to stock
It's been a few days since I was at that point, but I would suggest doing the FXZ again.

One mistake I made was after I did the FXZ, the Rerooted, did the For3v3r Root and installed the Cheesecake apk, I then did not reboot after pressing the first button in Cheesecake. I ended up with the .886 system and the .893 radio and kernel.

Anyway, I would redo the FXZ.

Good luck.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I've done the FXZ every time, probably three today and a few earlier in the week with the cheesecake app - every time it aborts while verifying my system...not a big deal but the dropped data is a pita

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah, I've done the FXZ every time, probably three today and a few earlier in the week with the cheesecake app - every time it aborts while verifying my system...not a big deal but the dropped data is a pita

You've not run the OTA though? Correct?

Reaction score
:in love::in love::in love: NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN ABOUT!!! I installed the update (without cheesecake by going back to stock root, doing the forever root method (My Droid World Forums, rebooting, downloading the 886 to 893 zip file Droid Bionic Found Update Files --- Read Before You Flash, going into the STOCK recovery (while phone off, hold both vol keys in and then push the power button, hit the up button when you get the little guy and the exclamation point, then use the up button to select "recovery"), locate the 893 file you downloaded, select it and BOOM! There it is!! For some reason, my file lists in recovery wouldn't go past the C's so I downloaded it my "books" directory so I could get to it.

Ok, I have had enough. All night tonight, losing data....I was going to wait for the OTA, but I can't take it anymore lol.

Ok, here is my deal. I am not rooted, and have never rooted, and really don't care about root. Do I need to Root if I just want to go into Stock Recovery and apply the update as mentioned above?
Also, will this erase my data, settings, etc?

Thanks!!

xxnonamexx

Reaction score
Is there a way to save my Stock Droid so I can try this method and if not I can revert back to my stock DROID?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok, I have had enough. All night tonight, losing data....I was going to wait for the OTA, but I can't take it anymore lol.

Ok, here is my deal. I am not rooted, and have never rooted, and really don't care about root. Do I need to Root if I just want to go into Stock Recovery and apply the update as mentioned above?
Also, will this erase my data, settings, etc?

Thanks!!

If it's the actual .zip file from Motorola, then theoretically you should. However, I know for rooted users that use the cheesecake app, cheesecake does some sort of prep work with some files before you download/install - so that might be necessary to do it, and therefore you might not be able to.

And if it does work, it shouldn't erase your data and settings.

Is there a way to save my Stock Droid so I can try this method and if not I can revert back to my stock DROID?

Not without rooting first - you can have basic stock with just root access. Plus, once you do this update, your kernel/radio will always be on .893, even though your system can be reverted to .886. B/c of the encrypted bootloader, the kernel/radio can only be updated via Moto's updates, and not downgraded.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Once you do the .893 you will have the new radio and kernel as they can only be overwritten by an OTA update from Motorola/Verizon. You can of course do a full nandroid backup immediately after rooting and before doing the .893.