VZW Rep/General Account Questions only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
That's been the case for a couple months, I believe.

Yes, it's stupid. But they're in business to make money. We're not going to always agree with some of their business decisions, but they can do just about whatever they want thanks to the barriers of entry in the cell market.

Might as well get used to it.

713King

Reaction score
My galaxy nexus been acting funny being slow and heating up while charging and I want to do a replacement with verizon but the screen on my Nexus has a hair line crack by the ear piece. Is it okay calling verizon or should I do a warranty replacement with asurion??

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Okay this send like a good place to ask this.

Last year i got my bionic from best buy. The guy there was super helpful however i ended up having to go to another best buy to get my wife's bionic. I ended up getting the bestbuy insurance because there was no deductible however i was supposed to keep the asurion tec insurance "mostly because of the extended warranty"

This was all September of last year. Basically what happened is this. Wife's line kept asurion and somehow bestbuy charges me for their insurance on her line. My line they remove asurion and charge me for their insurance. I don't notice until a few weeks ago. I'm now out of contract, have two upgrade but don't want to lose unlimited data, how can I get asurion back on my line. I know this usually isn't possible so i thought I'd ask

Thanks

Sent from my frozenly delicious bionic.

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
I have 2 questions.

Ok so my girlfirend is under a family plan with her parents but now she wants to be on her own account. Is there a way to separate from the family plan but keep her current phone number?

Im not sure about this but would it be possible for us to keep both our numbers if we were to get one of those share everything plans?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I actually just looked into this with my son (he didn't appreciate that I was making him help pay for his portion of the bill and thought he wanted his own but found out it would cost him twice as much).

It is called assumption of liability. She would keep her own phone number and plan but basically be assuming responsibility for the plan with her own account.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
I may get an iphone 5, but if i do will it make the current 4g sim card in my nexus no longer usable? Because i would want to switch off between my nexus and the iphone.

ambrown

Reaction score
I've got a question about Verizon's plans that was raised by an alleged "Verizon employee" stating that people don't have to go to the share plans if they don't want to.

As far as I know, and as has been addressed in multiple places online, if you upgrade a device and do so at the subsidized price that you must move to the new share plan and lose your unlimited plan. But this "Verizon employee" stated that VZ customers don't have to lose their unlimited plans:

"I just want to add to this as a verizon wireless employee, you do not need to go to the shared everything plan, you can easily stay on your plan and pay the seperate $30 a month (which in some cases is alot cheaper then these new plans) especially if you dont have more then 2 data devices. Dont let any rep tell you otherwise."

Comments for : Verizon's CFO says "Unlimited is just a word" - page 2

So is this person right? Is there some way I'm not aware of where I can keep my unlimited plan? Or am I reading this wrong and the alleged rep meant I could keep it if I upgraded at full price? Or are they trying to say that, yes I can keep unlimited and go with a brand new subsidized phone. but they are just totally wrong and don't know what they're talking about?

As I'm up for an upgrade as of last week I decided to hold out for the holidays to see if I can score some extra data and other good deals. But if I do not have to switch to a share plan then I could really use a new phone now as my old phone just bit the dust and I'm using an older smartphone as a temporary replacement. Honestly I hate the new share plans and I may even hold out till January when my contract expires and change carriers completely, and find someone who still offers and unlimited plan. I'd love to just stick with Verizon but with the price of data climbing I just don't think it's reasonable to stay any longer unless I can keep my unlimited plan.

Last edited:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
So far the information and the experiences have been that you can keep your unlimited if you buy your own phone unsubsidized or have your own phone by some other means (ebay, used, swappa, etc)... or

You have more than one line on your plan, one of those lines has tiered data and they are eligible for an upgrade (or an eligible upgrade is transferred to the tiered line) and you purchase a subsidized phone with that eligible upgrade, activate the new subsidized phone on the tiered line then once that phone has been activated on the tiered line and their contract has been updated, you can take that new phone off that line and place it on your line without losing your unlimited.

The posters comment above only mentions that you can keep your unlimited. She makes no mention of how to keep the unlimited, just that it is possible.

Travis798

Reaction score
I had an unlimited data card with Alltel, and in their effort to get me using VZW equipment after the transition, VZW let me upgrade my device to a MIfi 2200 hotspot while keeping my old Alltel Unlimited plan. In the future, if I were to decide to upgrade my hotspot to 4g, would it work the same as for the phones? Will I be able to purchase a 4g mobile hotspot at full retail or used to replace what I have now while keeping my unlimited?

Barkleyfan

Reaction score
I don't pretend to be a Verizon expert, but based on experience, they will do everything in their power to get you to let go if grandfather status. If your phone data is unlimited as well, getting a 4G phone off contract and tethering it might make the most sense. By all means try, and keep my suggestion as a backup plan. You will also likely have the best luck calling 611. Those operators, especially supervisors, tend to be more willing/able to work with customers.
G

Reaction score
So I just got out of college and its time for my own plan!

But verizon seems really expensive at 100$ a month for 2GB's of data... I guess this is normal? But the ONLY choice comes with unlimited talk, and I really dont need unlimited talk... I text and use the web more than actually talking on the phone.

100$ a month just seems really high... any thoughts?

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
So I just got out of college and its time for my own plan!

But verizon seems really expensive at 100$ a month for 2GB's of data... I guess this is normal? But the ONLY choice comes with unlimited talk, and I really dont need unlimited talk... I text and use the web more than actually talking on the phone.

100$ a month just seems really high... any thoughts?

Yeah, get a job as a vendor/rep and pay $35/month like me LOL. Really though, you get what you pay for. While I don't think the share everything is the best idea for single phone lines (or even 2 lines for that matter), I was paying $100/month with tax for 450 min with text and unlimited data when I signed up 3 years ago. Like you, I rarely use voice. You could do AT&T's 450 min plan for $29.99/month, add texting for $20/month, and then get 3GB of data for $30/month. If money is your concern, something like T-Mobile may be your best alternative, depending on where you live. Otherwise, maybe you could find a couple friends or family members to go in on the plan with you. That's really the best way to save money and stay with Verizon.

comk4ver

Reaction score
Question: I just got a galaxy nexus from eBay and I want to activate it on my unlimited plan how do I go about it do I go to the store or can I activate it on the Verizon's website?

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
comk4ver said:
Question: I just got a galaxy nexus from eBay and I want to activate it on my unlimited plan how do I go about it do I go to the store or can I activate it on the Verizon's website?

I'm guessing you currently have a 3g phone activated?
All you need to do is go into a store and ask them to switch the phone. Once they have entered the IMEI the program asks for a sim card. Because you are just switching devices, it is not a contract extension and therefore will not affect your unlimited :) Then in the future when you get another LTE device, you can just switch the sim cards between phones :)

Status
Not open for further replies.