VZW Rep/General Account Questions only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Verizon..Motorola is in China I think! Haha!! :)

joker402

Reaction score
Back to Verizon. From the looks of it you will get a droid 2 or droid inc since droid 1s are getting harder to find.

xxwake4lifexx

Reaction score
Is there any way to better my chances of getting an Incredible or a Droid 2? I'd even be willing to pay a little.

joker402

Reaction score
Depens on your persuasion skills. Keep your fingers crossed.

vzwtek

Reaction score
Multiple text message thing is in the switch. (Or system minus techno jargon)

Verizon acts as the guarnator of the warranty from motorola, which has some advantages. Since they can also make exceptions. They have stock of the original D1 now, so you will probably get a replacement D1, I would rather have that than the d2 due to the overwhelming amount of roms versus the d2, which will take about 3 months before the roms really hit their stride.

r314bd

Reaction score
I've got a 3-line family plan with two Droids and one HTC Touch Pro2; all three were upgrades and activated in February and won't be eligible for upgrade pricing until 9/26/2011.

The problem is that, especially in comparison to the Droid, the HTC Touch Pro2 sucks. Bulky, laggy, WM6.5...just a bad combination. We wanted a worldphone but in February there were no Android options, just Blackberry and WM.

Now with the upcoming Droid Pro rumored to be the Droid 2 World Edition, we'd love to somehow be able to get it this year at the 2-year upgrade price once it's released in the next month or so.

Is this possible/likely? We've been on VZW for 5 or 6 years FWIW.

hrhnick

Reaction score
I've got a 3-line family plan with two Droids and one HTC Touch Pro2; all three were upgrades and activated in February and won't be eligible for upgrade pricing until 9/26/2011.

The problem is that, especially in comparison to the Droid, the HTC Touch Pro2 sucks. Bulky, laggy, WM6.5...just a bad combination. We wanted a worldphone but in February there were no Android options, just Blackberry and WM.

Now with the upcoming Droid Pro rumored to be the Droid 2 World Edition, we'd love to somehow be able to get it this year at the 2-year upgrade price once it's released in the next month or so.

Is this possible/likely? We've been on VZW for 5 or 6 years FWIW.

The Primary Line will be eligible for an annual upgrade in February granting you two year pricing. There is no way to have this date bumped earlier as is possible with the 2-year upgrade. A $20 upgrade fee may apply.

See: Verizon | Answers to FAQs - Verizon Wireless Support

z851

Reaction score
droid x update

I just got the droid x and im just wondering when will the 2.2 update come out.... i want flash on my phone already!

Droidimite

Reaction score
New Account: Droid X, free feature phones and selling feature phones

My family has been going month to month for some time now, and I'd like to sign a new family plan contract to get the subsidized price on the Droid X.

I notice also that I can get 3 free feature phones for the other lines. However, everyone else is happy with their current, old Razr and Palm phones. So, to me it appears that I could purchase the Droid X for $200, get 3 free "Pantech Jest"s by ordering online, and easily net ~$140 each for them on ebay.

Is there any process I need to go through before I can sell these phones for others' direct use or any other reason why this won't work or is unacceptable?

I tried talking with a representative in a local corporate store, but she was even unwilling (or unable) to tell me if people could just keep these phones as spares without activating them (I never mentioned selling them).

I hope someone here can help. These Jests have been out of stock for a long time, and usually disappear fast. So, I'd like to take advantage of this deal while it lasts, if possible, and get to some development work and Droid X fun ;).

Also, if someone *did* want to get a new phone without a data package, would you have any suggestions on a feature phone? The Jest commands a high price, but it appears gimmicky for actual use.

Thanks! =)

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
My family has been going month to month for some time now, and I'd like to sign a new family plan contract to get the subsidized price on the Droid X.

I notice also that I can get 3 free feature phones for the other lines. However, everyone else is happy with their current, old Razr and Palm phones. So, to me it appears that I could purchase the Droid X for $200, get 3 free "Pantech Jest"s by ordering online, and easily net ~$140 each for them on ebay.

Is there any process I need to go through before I can sell these phones for others' direct use or any other reason why this won't work or is unacceptable?

I tried talking with a representative in a local corporate store, but she was even unwilling (or unable) to tell me if people could just keep these phones as spares without activating them (I never mentioned selling them).

I hope someone here can help. These Jests have been out of stock for a long time, and usually disappear fast. So, I'd like to take advantage of this deal while it lasts, if possible, and get to some development work and Droid X fun ;).

Also, if someone *did* want to get a new phone without a data package, would you have any suggestions on a feature phone? The Jest commands a high price, but it appears gimmicky for actual use.

Thanks! =)

If they aren't activated, you will be charged the full retail for each one. The Reality is a great substitute for a smartphone for your other lines as well.

Droidimite

Reaction score
If they aren't activated, you will be charged the full retail for each one. The Reality is a great substitute for a smartphone for your other lines as well.

So, if I understand correctly, I would need to unbox the phones, activate each on their respective lines (same as associating ESNs with lines?), then associate the ESNs of the old phones back to the lines, and then I would be free to sell the new phones without being charged retail? (And activating the old phones would make the new phone ESNs clear, right?)

Activating the phones on my lines is the process to make the phones "officially" mine, and mine to sell as I see people doing with their old phones without being charged retail?

Edit: Clarification

Edit 2: If this is indeed the process, do I have to keep the phones activated for a particular amount of time, or is it enough that they were merely activated at some point (for a day, an hour, or a month)?

Last edited:

dbutters

Reaction score
So here's a question -
There were lots of issues with a warranty exchange this week. Short story, I have been sent two warranty replacements, one for each line on my account. I only had issues with line 1, and only asked for a warranty exchange for that line. The handset they sent for line 2 is a nicer phone. The paperwork cites the phone number for line 2. That being the case, if I send back the original handset for line 2 and keep the warranty replacement... what happens? Will I get a charge for the replacement when VZW gets the original phone and there's nothing wrong with it (keep in mind I didn't claim there was)?

I know that the moral, upright thing to do is to send the replacement phone back sight unseen. I also am aware of the :icon_evil:eternal damnation:icon_ devil: I sentence myself to for trying to find out if I can get away with keeping the nicer phone they sent. So please save those responses.

Thanks!

ionide

Reaction score
Define nicer phone. They are the
same make/model, no?

Honestly, you should just send back the replacement for line 2 you don't need.

However, since a replacement was ordered on line 2, you can send back your current phone on line 2. It will be fine. So long as we receive a phone back.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

ionide

Reaction score

So, if I understand correctly, I would need to unbox the phones, activate each on their respective lines (same as associating ESNs with lines?), then associate the ESNs of the old phones back to the lines, and then I would be free to sell the new phones without being charged retail? (And activating the old phones would make the new phone ESNs clear, right?)

Activating the phones on my lines is the process to make the phones "officially" mine, and mine to sell as I see people doing with their old phones without being charged retail?

Edit: Clarification

Edit 2: If this is indeed the process, do I have to keep the phones activated for a particular amount of time, or is it enough that they were merely activated at some point (for a day, an hour, or a month)?

Yep. Need to unbox, activate. This is necessary for legal purposes. No specific amount of time. You can immediately do an esn change back to old phones.
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.