VZW Rep/General Account Questions only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Droidimite

Reaction score
Yep. Need to unbox, activate. This is necessary for legal purposes. No specific amount of time. You can immediately do an esn change back to old phones.
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Awesome! Thanks, ionide. This will be me soon: dancedroid

hrhnick

Reaction score
Yep. Need to unbox, activate. This is necessary for legal purposes. No specific amount of time. You can immediately do an esn change back to old phones.

Awesome! Thanks, ionide. This will be me soon: dancedroid

id keep at least one as a back up device. the razrs are almost antiques, and palms must be getting old too. two years is a long time, and buying a phone without an upgrade is super costly.

Droidimite

Reaction score
Yeah, I hear you. However, the razrs are a great deal. We pick them up off of ebay for ~$30 anytime one breaks, and they're quite sturdy. We'll also have my old razr. I might do as you said though and keep one. Or, perhaps I should sell it and find a used phone on craigslist for less. I'll figure something out. Thanks.

dbutters

Reaction score
Define nicer phone. They are the
same make/model, no?

Honestly, you should just send back the replacement for line 2 you don't need.

However, since a replacement was ordered on line 2, you can send back your current phone on line 2. It will be fine. So long as we receive a phone back.

No, it's a Droid Inc, the line has a Droid Eris. I didn't order a warranty replacement for that line, but there was some confusion on the VZW end and they ended up sending me a warranty replacement for each line. I just want to know what VZW's reaction will be - will they receive the Eris and just process it through without a second thought, or will someone wonder what's up? My impression so far has been that there's very little communication even within the same department, so I expect that Receiving would get the phone, check off that a phone was indeed received, and send it back to the manufacturer (?) for remanufacturing or whatever they do from there.

Anyway, thanks for whatever info you can provide.

nikkix

Reaction score
hi verizon reps/employees

i have a question

how likely is it i get a droid 2 if i were to take my droid in for a warranty issue?

also what is the most common reason phones are swapped? any suggestions on what issue i should justify the swap for?

thanks in advance

hrhnick

Reaction score

i have a question

how likely is it i get a droid 2 if i were to take my droid in for a warranty issue?

also what is the most common reason phones are swapped? any suggestions on what issue i should justify the swap for?

thanks in advance

at the moment. very unlikely. inventory is now constantly being refilled with clnr devices.
your warranty will get you a droid 1 replacement, not a droid 2.

and the the issue you are having should be the justification. you shouldn't be making up issues in hopes of getting a droid 2.

nikkix

Reaction score

i have a question

thanks in advance

at the moment. very unlikely. inventory is now constantly being refilled with clnr devices.

and the the issue you are having should be the justification. you shouldn't be making up issues in hopes of getting a droid 2.

Dont be such a nerd mother thersa.i dont care about the company,theyve ripped me off a few times. Anyway, on droid life there was a memo saying they were replacing droids with newer models. Maybe youre a little out of the loop.

hrhnick

Reaction score

i have a question

thanks in advance

Dont be such a nerd mother thersa.i dont care about the company,theyve ripped me off a few times. Anyway, on droid life there was a memo saying they were replacing droids with newer models. Maybe youre a little out of the loop.

Or maybe your out of the loop. You did post in the "VZW Rep" sticky.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Exactly!! Must not have "ripped you off" TOO bad, you're still a customer. Whether you get a D1 or D2 depends completely on inventory, nothing more. You purchased (and signed a contract on) a D1. In no way, shape, or form would you be entitled to a D2 for a warranty replacement.

nikkix

Reaction score

Exactly!! Must not have "ripped you off" TOO bad, you're still a customer. Whether you get a D1 or D2 depends completely on inventory, nothing more. You purchased (and signed a contract on) a D1. In no way, shape, or form would you be entitled to a D2 for a warranty replacement.

calm down there junior, dont wanna embarass yourself.

i am still a customer only because of a substantial deposit issue.
and secondly,i didnt say i was entitled to anything. reading comprehension must not be your strong suit, and thats ok.

http://www.droid-life.com/2010/08/31/droid-2-as-warranty-replacement-for-droid-continues/

^^for anyone that says they dont do it.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

calm down there junior, dont wanna embarass yourself.

i am still a customer only because of a substantial deposit issue.
and secondly,i didnt say i was entitled to anything. reading comprehension must not be your strong suit, and thats ok.

DROID 2 as Warranty Replacement for DROID Continues, Surprises Customers | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

^^for anyone that says they dont do it.

Junior?? I'm 47 and not a "junior" at all. No one said you wouldn't/couldn't get a D2, just that it depends on what's available at the time (reading comprehension). Don't post in the VZW Rep thread about ripping our company off and expect us to give you an underground move to pull. Have a nice day!

nikkix

Reaction score
ok then,gramps. i will post anywhere,anything i want. you dont have to reply,it actually may be better if you dont as it wastes both of our time. and id suggest not getting so butthurt about someone "ripping off 'your' company".for all you know i could have several legitimate issues with my phone and just dont want to be jerked around by the idiots at my local verizon store.

kthx bye:):):):)

XxSinisteRxX

Reaction score
3G Mobile Hotspot for Droid1?

Is it possible to get the "Droid X's" 3G Mobile Hotspot for the Moto Droid 1? If so can someone please direct me to where the app can be found? It doesn't show up in my Android Market. :icon_eek:

ionide

Reaction score
Is it possible to get the "Droid X's" 3G Mobile Hotspot for the Moto Droid 1? If so can someone please direct me to where the app can be found? It doesn't show up in my Android Market. :icon_eek:
No.

Kewpie

Reaction score
Maybe Droid does but VZW CSR don't.

I have been looking through the Droid Forums over the last few weeks trying to decide which Droid would be best for me. Or since my contract is totally over on Jan 5 2011, contemplating whether I should go with another cell company.
Well after doing research, my plan was to stay with Verizon and upgrade from my LG Dare which I got Jan 5 2009 to the Droid X.

Now here is the problem I am having - even though my phone and the two other phones on my Nationwide Talk and Text Family plan are Jan 5 2009 upgrades or older. The website shows our contract ends Jan 5 2011 and that my line with the Dare is not eligible for an upgrade until May 7 2012.

I called up Customer Service to find out what happened and why is this? Basically the answer I got was: you changed your primary line. All that I could remember doing is when I called a couple of months ago to take off the data plans from my Dare and my daughter's Voyager - they mistakenly switched my daughter's phone line to the primary line and I had called them up to correct the matter. The answer they had for me is upgrade one of the other lines on your acct and switch it to your line. Why would anyone in their right mind do this?? All of the lines on our plan should be eligible if it wasn't for something they did!
I feel like I am getting drug through red tape. I asked them to check my account and to find out why when my contract ends Jan 5 2011 am I not eligible to upgrade my phone and for that matter I don't even have to stay with Verizon after that date. Why would I wait till after my contract ends and then wait another year and a four months after that date to upgrade my cell phone? Which at that date the Dare would be 3.5 yrs old.
I finally get the the Rep to understand how this made no sense and they said they could try and manually enter the upgrade in the system and see if it would go through but "you know you will not be eligible for the instant rebate because you did not order your phone from the website even though I know you can't do this because of the system. Sorry there is nothing I can do about it". I hung up - very upset.... Where is someone like me - a bill paying Verizon customer with a preferred customer card in my wallet supposed to turn too? ... Who is there to talk to - to cut through all this freaking red tape? Questioning if I even want to stay with the company at this point....

Status
Not open for further replies.