VZW Rep/General Account Questions only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

joker402

Reaction score
Ok, I have a droid 1 that isn't working. I went into a verizon store yesterday and we called verizon and they determined I need a warranty replacement. But they said they don't have any left and won't have any more. They then said they are determining what they are going to do about droid 1 warranty replacements this week sometime, i.e. what alternatives they are going to offer. Which means I'm supposed to wait until the end of the week to call back and see what my options are. We even called the corporate store in town to see if they had any replacement droids in stock, and they didn't.

Does this sound right? Or should I call again to see if they have some more droid's in stock? I've read that they just run out of stock until they get more in. I'm stuck with a loaner phone right now, but I want to know if I should try calling again or waiting. And I'm scared they're going to offer some crap downgrade that I don't want.
more than likely they will offer a D2. Keep fingures crossed.

dsm1824

Reaction score
Ok, I have a droid 1 that isn't working. I went into a verizon store yesterday and we called verizon and they determined I need a warranty replacement. But they said they don't have any left and won't have any more. They then said they are determining what they are going to do about droid 1 warranty replacements this week sometime, i.e. what alternatives they are going to offer. Which means I'm supposed to wait until the end of the week to call back and see what my options are. We even called the corporate store in town to see if they had any replacement droids in stock, and they didn't.

Does this sound right? Or should I call again to see if they have some more droid's in stock? I've read that they just run out of stock until they get more in. I'm stuck with a loaner phone right now, but I want to know if I should try calling again or waiting. And I'm scared they're going to offer some crap downgrade that I don't want.

What store did u go into? I see u are in norman.... we were not able to order replacement d1 due to an inventory system glitch. This was resolved monday morning and we placed several orders today. PM me if u need me.... but they should be able to overnight u one.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

vzwtek

Reaction score

more than likely they will offer a D2. Keep fingures crossed.

they wont, the replacements are the ally, eris, or the devour.

I would hold out for another Droid.

ejklapperichjr

Reaction score

What store did u go into? I see u are in norman.... we were not able to order replacement d1 due to an inventory system glitch. This was resolved monday morning and we placed several orders today. PM me if u need me.... but they should be able to overnight u one.

Thanks for the info. That seems to make more sense than them totally running out of replacement droids. I'll go in again tonight or tomorrow when I get some time and see what happens. I go to the store on Main by 35.

vzwtek

Reaction score

Thanks for the info. That seems to make more sense than them totally running out of replacement droids. I'll go in again tonight or tomorrow when I get some time and see what happens. I go to the store on Main by 35.

Save some time and call the warranty department. The store can only get replacements from 1 warehouse, the warranty department can seed 5 different warehouses for the replacement unit, and they will typically overnight it to you for the hassle. I would hit them up to see whats "crack-a-lackin"

ejklapperichjr

Reaction score
Save some time and call the warranty department. The store can only get replacements from 1 warehouse, the warranty department can seed 5 different warehouses for the replacement unit, and they will typically overnight it to you for the hassle. I would hit them up to see whats "crack-a-lackin"

Yeah, I ended up calling last night. They ended up having some in stock, and they overnighted one to me. Thanks for all the help.

Ace of Spades

Reaction score
I have a question. I am going to upgrade here in the next week and order a Droid X. But my question is, if I buy a phone from a non corporate store, like Sams Club, how does Verizon handle insurance and warranty?

I've always bought my phone from the corporate stores, so I'm not sure how that works. Sams is currently selling the Droid X for $180, free shipping, and I have one of those Motorola care package $25 off coupons. Would I run into any problems buying from a satellite office like that?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I have a question. I am going to upgrade here in the next week and order a Droid X. But my question is, if I buy a phone from a non corporate store, like Sams Club, how does Verizon handle insurance and warranty?

I've always bought my phone from the corporate stores, so I'm not sure how that works. Sams is currently selling the Droid X for $180, free shipping, and I have one of those Motorola care package $25 off coupons. Would I run into any problems buying from a satellite office like that?

No problems but you'd have to go back to them with any issues. Plus, Wal-Mart tricks you into signing a contract with them in ADDITION to VZW.

Ace of Spades

Reaction score

No problems but you'd have to go back to them with any issues. Plus, Wal-Mart tricks you into signing a contract with them in ADDITION to VZW.

What kind of contract? Do you have any experience with it? Is there contract something I should stay away from? Thanks.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

What kind of contract? Do you have any experience with it? Is there contract something I should stay away from? Thanks.

When you sign the new contract, you're signing it for Verizon and them too. That's how the phones are less expensive. Not saying you'd terminate early but, IF you did, there would be an ETF with both. I'd be willing to bet money that Sam's is the same way. Plus, Verizon's ETF is $350 itself...

Ace of Spades

Reaction score
When you sign the new contract, you're signing it for Verizon and them too. That's how the phones are less expensive. Not saying you'd terminate early but, IF you did, there would be an ETF with both. I'd be willing to bet money that Sam's is the same way. Plus, Verizon's ETF is $350 itself...

Great. Thank you so much.

vzwtek

Reaction score

He's right on this one, this is wirefly/simplexity terms and conditions who is the agent for wal-mart/sams club:

To provide you with significant savings vs. buying in a retail store, the price you paid for your device includes an Instant Savings Discount from Wirefly.

By accepting this Instant Savings Discount, you agree to repay $200 of this discount ($300 for smartphones and netbooks) and authorize us to charge your credit card in repayment of this amount if, during the 181 days after your new equipment is activated, your wireless carrier notifies us that the services you purchased have been suspended, disconnected, or deactivated, or if you return your purchase outside of the return and exchange provisions of our 30-day Satisfaction Guarantee.

The only strange thing is I don't see this posted on Sams clubs website, which is worrysome. Anyone on here a lawyer? lol.

joker402

Reaction score
The warranty is still honored via Verizon as long as the phone remains on the same number it was 1st activated on. The 2nd contract is for charge backs. Basicly Verizon pays commison to the reseller but it takes 180 days for it to fully go threw and so the reseller otlr retailer does not get hit with a charger back, the retailer makes you sign an aggreement with that that states if you remove the phone or change the plan in any way they are authorized to charge you an etf.

neccoguy21

Reaction score
Droid w/o data crippled?

Thank you for creating this thread! I didn't need it til now, but here it goes:

I currently have a palm pre plus and a motorola droid. I haven't and wont messed around with my palm, for what it is the device stands alone wonderfully. But i will say (to a verizon employee, who even tho is not the cell phone police i still feel hesitant to say) that i have become quite savvy in rooting and modding and cranking out everything my droid has to offer me (all in the legal ways of course). if there's something my droid can do, i'll get it to do so.

My question is: can i cut all my ties between the droid and verizon, so that it's essentially just an android enabled device, and then proceed to connect it to my palm's mobile hot spot and put to use my knowledge of how to get around the fact that it's not technically a phone? Things like using skype, handcent sms, 3rd party browsers like dolphin for web, rom manager, continue to play online games, or use google voice for any other phone calls i MAY need to make (where im going with this is that i want to use my palm as the phone, and my droid as my android toy, and not pony up $80 a month for the 2 plans, and stick with just the one)

OR

will my worst thoughts of what could happen be true where even though i connect my google account to the droid just fine, the simple fact that it's no longer associated with Verizon and can't find it leave it to be a glorified brick that will now never update an app, and probably break most of them? The GPS no longer even looks for a signal to send to anything asking for location because of the absence of verizon? The WiFi capabilities severed and therefore not connect to the palm in the first place? Will the market work??

I guess i may have gone a tad overkill on the details when really my question is more simply this: Does my droid need to get its data from verizon specifically, or can i ask verizon to polity remove itself from the scene and feed my droid the nectar of life that is data from another source (in this case my verizon enabled palm pre plus with 3g mobile hotspot) and have essentially the same exact phone? (btw i wouldnt even need to touch the droid's "phone" app anymore since i'd RATHER use my palm for that anyway).

Thanks in advance for any info you have!!

edit: if it makes a difference in where this might get hung up or run smooth, im not actually canceling anything with verizon. i have an old no-data-required phone that i would switch my droids service over to, and then lower it to the minimum coverage plan.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.