[VIDEO] 10min Root complete Guide

criDikal

Reaction score
S

spacemanps

after going into the terminal, and doing adb shell and waiting for it to say "no such file or directory", it never does, it just keeps saying "** daemon still not runningerror: cannot connect to daemon

criDikal

Reaction score
after going into the terminal, and doing adb shell and waiting for it to say "no such file or directory", it never does, it just keeps saying "** daemon still not runningerror: cannot connect to daemon
You're getting this while trying to get into recovery? Or with your phone booted up normally?

S

spacemanps

well i have to be in recovery for any of the rooting stuff to work.. so yeah im in recovery..

i have seriously tried this like 10 times now... i am at the !triangle screen and CMD is going through the loop of adb shell... and i just keep getting cannot connect to daemon...

and then at the end i get daemon not running, starting it now... and it just sits here..

Last edited by a moderator:

doclovesdroid

Reaction score
I can't get the zip file to download... anyone else having troubles or advice on how to do it?
I'm totally new to rooting and a little freaked!

SDI

Reaction score
once i try to get it to say the specific error after hitting the up arrow key and it says adb shell then i hit enter and it says device not found then i pull the battery out and use the other method and run the loop.bat and it is just continuously says goto top and keep running over and over again device not found,,,help?????

Srkx Mokwi

Reaction score
Quick question for you before I try to root my Droid Incredible should I copy everything i currently have on my SD card to another card incase i have problems durn the rooting process?? I'm new to Android so my biggest worry is completely screwing up my phone i finnaly got two weeks ago. So your thoughts???

randytho

Reaction score
Quick question for you before I try to root my Droid Incredible should I copy everything i currently have on my SD card to another card incase i have problems durn the rooting process?? I'm new to Android so my biggest worry is completely screwing up my phone i finnaly got two weeks ago. So your thoughts???

Just copy it to a folder on your desktop or laptop..I always back up..however I don't see how the root process will hurt or change anything on your card..it didn't mine.

randytho

Reaction score
Yep

I didn't think it would but i just wanted to be sure!!! So did you finally got the root to work Randy??
Yes I did get it to work using the click card in and out method...but I only got it to work ONCE. Then I set my phone back to factory defaults because of the upcoming froyo upgrade. I have not however been able to repeat the root process, they really need to make an easier method instead of the chasing rainbow method that is current out ;)
I'll wait. :)

herbmmm

Reaction score
Yea I'd like to root also but I get about half way there and then something happens that has not been discussed and I chicken out! I'll wait for an easier method!

OP
M

mejdam

Reaction score
Yea I'd like to root also but I get about half way there and then something happens that has not been discussed and I chicken out! I'll wait for an easier method!

easier method out read updated first post

randytho

Reaction score
This just does not make sense

easier method out read updated first post
The method might be easier IF we can get the boot driver recognized in the first place which is the MAIN problem for most of us. You run the exe file and it tells you the driver MUST be installed, no matter what I do my machine will NOT see my phone as an "other" android 1.0 device in device manager it sees it as a mass storage and so of course I cannot POINT IT to the usb driver in the package, is anyone EVER going to address this problem?

Randy T.