[VIDEO] 10min Root complete Guide

mejdam

Reaction score
Even Newer Method for rooting a phone that doesnt require microsd card trick

1. Download http://www.unrevoked.com/recovery/
2. Make sure HTCSync Is uninstall-ed
3. Run EXE and enjoy Root!!!

P.S. Video Coming Soon, Pending new ota update that currently being sent out to Dinc.

Last edited:

R1Lover

Reaction score
is your tether actually working though? did you test it and can you get internet on the pc connected to it?

Droids

Reaction score
Nice job! Makes me almost wish I had an Incredible laying around just to root it. Can you script adb commands so you don't even need to copy and paste? Automate it as much as possible.

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
WOW!! This seems A LOT easier process than before! Great work in doing all of this for us Incredible owners! I wish I had my Windows with me so I can try it but I'm stuck at work till the morning with an Apple.

I knew someone would find out an easier process to get root!!!

randytho

Reaction score
on cmd window when running 1.bat

Complete stock at startup i go through installing sdk, copy files to sd card, got root, superuser.apk working and wifitether in under 10mins!!!!

This is for complete Noobs,

YouTube - Root Droid Incredible in 10mins

files: http://goo.gl/mfhc
When in the command window and running 1.bat it says error device not found, I have tried in debugging mode and disk usb mode..nothing seems to work? I checked in both modes and the sd card does NOT show up in my computer...however I have no problem with it showing up if I just connect normally without going into bootloader...? For complete Noobs...eh? grin ;_)

Randy T.

Last edited:

kartoon56

Reaction score
Complete stock at startup i go through installing sdk, copy files to sd card, got root, superuser.apk working and wifitether in under 10mins!!!!

When in the command window and running 1.bat it says error device not found, I have tried in debugging mode and disk usb mode..nothing seems to work? I checked in both modes and the sd card does NOT show up in my computer...however I have no problem with it showing up if I just connect normally without going into bootloader...? For complete Noobs...eh? grin ;_)

Randy T.

i also have the same problem...i have an 8gb sd card that i used on myBB

R1Lover

Reaction score
It's all about having the proper drivers installed... people talking about using different cards are on crack.... it's not the card.

randytho

Reaction score
It's all about having the proper drivers installed... people talking about using different cards are on crack.... it's not the card.
Haven't done crack in minutes!! grin, and who said anything about different cards? I said my sd card shows up normally but not when I boot it first by holding the toggle button and the power switch and THEN connecting it via usb.

Randy T.

randytho

Reaction score
hmm I used an 8gb card from my BB..

Randy T.

i also have the same problem...i have an 8gb sd card that i used on myBB
hmmm I have an 8gb sd card from ym BB also...I did wipe it and reformat it and it's been working perferctly.

randytho

Reaction score
It seems when I go into bootload or recovery my machine(s) think the phone is unplugged from the usb then it will say "this devices drivers did not install correctly"... now when I just plug in my phone wihtout bootloader or recovery it loads the drivers fine, I've tried this on a win 7 32 and 64 bit system.
Anyone else having this problem?