[VIDEO] 10min Root complete Guide

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
In the tool there are instructions on how to setup the drivers that come with the tool. When you run the .exe for the first time you'll see a link to hboot drivers. Read through it and go from there.

Last edited:

randytho

Reaction score
I DID read it first of course...

In the tool there are instructions on how to setup the drivers that come with the tool. When you run the .exe for the first time you'll see a link to hboot drivers. Read through it and go from there.
I did read it first of course and followed those instructions, it will not SEE it even in hboot at anything but composite or mass storage...so of course I cannot CHOOSE the android usb driver to update TO... ;)

Randy T.

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If in cmd prompt and you do adb devices you get nothing? Setup the path for your SDK correctly? If you've done all that and it still does not work, well errr, I'm at a loss. You'd be the first one I"ve heard of that cannot use it.

randytho

Reaction score
If in cmd prompt and you do adb devices you get nothing? Setup the path for your SDK correctly? If you've done all that and it still does not work, well errr, I'm at a loss. You'd be the first one I"ve heard of that cannot use it.
No I see the device when I do the adb device what I am telling you is this..no MATTER what I DO when going to Hboot then trying to point my driver in device manager TO the usb driver that I downloaed as the package said to and unzipped...I cannot! I cannot BECAUSE devices does NOT see it as "other android 1.0 device" it still will see it as a mass storage device. This is an old problem here it's all over this forum..

Randy T.

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Alright. I've personally just never seen it. Nor read of it. Sorry i couldn't help you. I would recommend talking to the unrevoked team on their IRC if continue to have issues.

randytho

Reaction score
Thanks for the try Doug

Alright. I've personally just never seen it. Nor read of it. Sorry i couldn't help you. I would recommend talking to the unrevoked team on their IRC if continue to have issues.

I am talking to them now...so far I think they are stumped also...grin ;)
Thanks and have a good one!

Randy T.

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Randy T.
Good deal. Hope you get it. G/L! Also if you do get it working please let me know wht did it. I'm very interested.

randytho

Reaction score

Randy T.
Good deal. Hope you get it. G/L! Also if you do get it working please let me know wht did it. I'm very interested.
I will, of course if all else fails I have a nice handy hammer...grin ;)

Randy T.

randytho

Reaction score

Well Doug I got it...woke up this morning and thought what the hell..nothing else worked so I did this:
Turned off ALL anti virus
INSTALLED HTC sync 2.3
ran the unrevoked exe as administrator
it worked like a charm.

Moral of this story is...in Windows just do everything backwards and it will usually work...grin ;)
Randy T.