Vibration issue

excellentnuke

Reaction score
With this ROM, I'm not getting any vibrate. I'm 100% sure that it's not me not being able to feel it as I got the person sitting next to me to text me while I had my phone in hand. I still didn't feel any vibration. Any one else having this issue?

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've read most of the threads in this section. I haven't heard of others having this issue. My findings of my install experience are in the first post of one of the threads and I found no problems with vibrate.

Up in the right corner is a search this forum link :Zenulator - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

I searched for "vibrate" and one result came up, yours:)

In the pull down notification bar there is a scrollable toolbar on the handle. Vibrate is one of the settings. Is it on?

If you really want to narrow it down to the rom make a backup, flash back to your previous one and make sure the phone itself can still vibrate. I highly doubt it but the vibrate mechanism may have just worn out? Never heard of such a thing, but its possible.

OP
E

excellentnuke

Reaction score
My phone's vibrate worked fine until I installed this. I have the vibrate feature checked. I tried two things: Vibrate + Silent and Vibrate + Volume Down. Neither worked.

Trucker

Reaction score
I have all of the correct "vibrate" options set in settings...both for calls and texts...my phone will vibrate with phone calls, alarms and powerdown, but not with texts. I have had the phone replaced, with no success. Thoughts? Motorola wants to have their techs look at the phone, and verizon just wants to replace it. Frustrating.

joe3681

Reaction score
I have no vibrate. When I press volume down its not even there. Sadly thats a MAJOR thing. That just ruined an amazing rom!!

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
there seems to be a lot of confusion about the vibrate icon in the drop down bar.

Phone unsilenced and vibrate not lit = your phone will only ring defaul ringtone

Phone silenced and vibrate not lit = your phone will not vibrate OR ring

Phone unsilenced and vibrate lit = your phone will ring AND vibrate

Phone silenced and vibrate lit = your phone will not ring BUT will vibrate

I think possibly people just arent understanding the function of the vibrate button and are assuming it is the default way to silence your ringer and have your phone only vibrate.

Also, I believe whatever you have under settings/sound/vibration setting will be applied with your vibrate lite.

So....if you want your phone to vibrate while ringers are silenced (like for work), you need to go to settings...your vibration menu setting, change it to ONLY when phone is in silent....

that will make your vibrate lite work how I explained above.

Some of the defaul settings I believe are NEVER....which is why your phone is not vibrating with the light lit up.

hope that helps clear up any confusion.

Z

ZeroBarrier

I have all of the correct "vibrate" options set in settings...both for calls and texts...my phone will vibrate with phone calls, alarms and powerdown, but not with texts. I have had the phone replaced, with no success. Thoughts? Motorola wants to have their techs look at the phone, and verizon just wants to replace it. Frustrating.

You forgot to set the vibrate function within the Messaging app. There are two separate settings; the system wide setting in Settings > Sound and the others are in the settings menu within Messaging & Gmail.