Vibrate for Messages

bclinsure

Reaction score
I'm new to the TB coming from a Blackberry. First, I really love the TB. It is much better for almost everything then the BB. Anyway, my only issue is on the BB when an email or text came in the phone 'really vibrated' while the TB does a little two vibrate notification that I can hardly ever feel. Are they any programs that can vibrate stronger? Or any other solution besides turning on the volume?

Thanks in advance.

NurseCece

Reaction score
I am having the same problem. I hope we get a response soon. I need a longer and stronger vibration otherwise I may have to return the phone.:(

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
for SMS.. use handcent.. you can customize the vibration.. and handcent is just better overall SMS app..

if you do use handcent.. disable all notifications on the native sms app.. i been using handcent since the D1 days.. pretty much a must have.

NickWBurns

Reaction score
Theres nothing you can do about that in the settings, only chance would probably be and app but I doubt there's one for that right now, but that would probably be your only option. Id check it out or someone else might know better.

Sent through a bolt of thunder?

Reaction score
for SMS.. use handcent.. you can customize the vibration.. and handcent is just better overall SMS app..

if you do use handcent.. disable all notifications on the native sms app.. i been using handcent since the D1 days.. pretty much a must have.

+1 on this. I use handcent, and love it.

words from my thunderbolt

bplewis24

Reaction score
As manila said, Handcent allows you to customize exactly how long you want the phone to vibrate, and even how many times (i.e., one long vibrate or 4 medium vibrations, etc).

I don't know if there is another app that allows you to do that with the email apps or not.

Brandon

bplewis24

Reaction score
A quick Google search reveals WhoIsIt (lite & paid versions) which may help:

WhoIsIt Lite is a free, comprehensive tool for contact and application-specific ringtone and notification management. The freeware allows users to assign separate ringtones and vibration patterns to incoming calls, SMS, MMS, Gmail, Google Talk, Google Voice and K-9 notifications collectively or for each contact.