OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
MMS (pictures, sounds and video bits) is in the works right now.
We plan to add this feature in the upcoming Viber 2.1, probably a few months from now.

Damn...months seems like a long time lol. At least you let us know its coming. Unlike google voice :)

It might be sooner than that, but we want to be on the safe side, not promising anything in vain :)

Anyway, I'll keep you posted on updates as we add them bit by bit.

Great. Thanks for keeping us updated. Looking forward to becoming more of a VIBER user

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!

Viber

Reaction score
Hi all,

We're running a quick survey among our users (in Viber-dedicated threads only).

We'd like to hear your opinion: What is Viber missing the most? If you could choose the most important feature that you'd like to see in our next big version - Viber 2.1 - that's coming up soon, what would it be?

Let your voice be heard :)

Grybrd

Reaction score
K .. kinda goofy question ... will viper work on Android based tablets to call a viper cell ???

Mil199

Reaction score
nope google voice is straight voip. doesnt work if you dont have data or wifi signal. free for me to call google voice to any #, other google#, cell or landline within US. Its free for both if both have google voice and I call the GV #. Now it does use google voice minutes to call abroad to a landline or cell but is a discounted rate from what verizon charges, but again is free for anywhere in world if you call GV to GV. Plus GV now has video calling also. Just FYI.

talking through google voice uses minutes, unless you have a myfaves plan or equivalent, in which case you can add the GV number to your calling circle and essentially get unlimited minutes. GV however does not use SMS Texts because SMS sent out through GV are sent through data. Now thats if your using the mobile app.

Viber

Reaction score
K .. kinda goofy question ... will viper work on Android based tablets to call a viper cell ???

Viber does not officially support Tablets yet (HoneyComb). It is in the works at the moment, and will be available soon :)

Wonmotyme

Reaction score
Compatible with Das Bamf ROMs?

Das one hella Bamf ta knock the 3 sense in ya!

Viber

Reaction score
To be frank, we haven't thoroughly tested Viber on that specific ROM yet, but we assume that it should generally work fine, with some potential incompatibility issues.

We'd love for you to test it and let us know if anything goes wrong.

Viber

Reaction score
phone calls never sound good on viber

3G networks can sometimes be disrupted and not fully handle VoIP calls (some would say - intentionally). This naturally affects Viber and damages its quality, and unfortunately there is not much we (Viber) can do about it - it's in the hands of the cellular companies.

The good news is that in the future we plan to add a feature that'll "lower" the quality of Viber calls on 3G calls if it detects that the connection is somewhat choppy, thus "sacrificing" on quality in order to assure stable calls on low-reception 3G areas.

Anyway, a WiFi-WiFi call on Viber should sound clear and with no interruptions.

Viber

Reaction score
@lilfcker - MMS feature is planned for future releases, we don't know exactly when yet.

lilfcker

Reaction score
yea , i wont even recommend or post with my real nick about the app without mms given a time table.
not after what happened with the skype/gv/sprint fiasco. most users feel that way that use google too.