Viber for Android BETA

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
viber1.png

Viber is an application that lets you make free phone calls to other Viber users.

When you use Viber, your phone calls to any other Viber user are free, and the sound quality is much better than a regular call. You can call any Viber user, anywhere in the world, for free. All Viber features are 100% FREE and do not require any additional "in application" purchase.

• Why do I need Viber?
    Because when you use Viber, your phone calls to any other Viber user are free, and the sound quality is much better than a regular call.
  • Can I call people that do not have Viber?
    Yes. If the person you're calling doesn't have Viber, the call will be placed using your regular phone - but don't forget to invite your friends to Viber so your next call is free ;).
  • Can I invite my friends to Viber?
    Yes, and you should. The more friends you have with Viber installed, the more of your calls are free.
  • Will Viber help reduce my phone bill?
    Once you and your friends install Viber, you can use it to talk as much as you want. Talk, talk, and talk some more and it's all free. Just make sure all your friends get Viber!
  • Can I use Viber when roaming internationally?
    Yes, it doesn't matter where you or your friends are, be it on the same network or in a totally different country.
    You can talk for as much as you want, for free. Just make sure your friends have Viber too, and check your data plans and roaming rates.
  • I don't have 3G, can I still use Viber?
    Viber requires an Internet connection: 3G or Wi-Fi need to be available.
  • Does it cost anything to use Viber?
    Viber and all Viber features are absolutely free and do not require any additional "in application" purchase.
  • Does Viber include advertisements?
    Viber doesn't contain any annoying ads.
  • How do I import my contacts to Viber?
    You don't. Viber uses your iPhone's address book and it's always synced. Viber also highlights friends in your iPhone's address book that have Viber. That way you know who you can call for free!
  • How long does it take to register?
    You don't have to register! You know your phone number, and so do your friends, so why bother with yet another username and password? Viber uses your phone number as your "identity" and lets you make free Viber phone calls to any of your friends that have Viber - using THEIR phone number.

APK: http://www.viber.com/download

Last edited:

n2imagination

Reaction score
Uhhh...??? Isn't this just Google voice? Why reinvent the wheel that is meant to be on the car in the first place? Maybe I just don't get it.

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Uhhh...??? Isn't this just Google voice? Why reinvent the wheel that is meant to be on the car in the first place? Maybe I just don't get it.
google voice still uses up ur minutes i believe...this doesnt as long as ur calling other viber users

n2imagination

Reaction score
google voice still uses up ur minutes i believe...this doesnt as long as ur calling other viber users
nope google voice is straight voip. doesnt work if you dont have data or wifi signal. free for me to call google voice to any #, other google#, cell or landline within US. Its free for both if both have google voice and I call the GV #. Now it does use google voice minutes to call abroad to a landline or cell but is a discounted rate from what verizon charges, but again is free for anywhere in world if you call GV to GV. Plus GV now has video calling also. Just FYI.

Viber

Reaction score
Hi all,
This is a member of the Viber development team.

I'd like to refer to the concerns raised here about the "catch" involved in Viber:
Viber is a completely free app. We have made a commitment when we launched the project that the app will always be free, it will not contain ads, and the basic service will remain free - and we still stand behind it.

So why is Viber free?
For now, Viber's focus is on adding platforms, adding features (such as text messages) and improving overall system performance. At the same time, we are working on additional future premium services that will generate revenues. As I explained: the basic Viber service - Viber to Viber phone calls and text messages - will ALWAYS be free.

Feel free to ask any other questions you might have - I'm here :)
Thanks
Viber.

Viber

Reaction score
Hi all,

We have been working hard in the past several weeks on a first version of Viber on Blackberry, and we are now excited to give you a first look.
You can find it here: Viber's Photos - Wall Photos | Facebook

In addition, I'd like to announce that we are at the very final stages of the closed-group Beta project, and will soon make the Beta version public!

For more info feel free to ask me here and make sure you follow us on Facebook: Viber | Facebook

Thanks,
Viber.

Viber

Reaction score
A message only to those of you who are already testing our Beta version:
A new Beta version has just been released - 2.0.110292.

What's new?
- Proximity Sensor during calls
- Bluetooth support
- Other specific device improvements and bug fixes

Download it here: Viber | Android Beta

Lux

Reaction score
I was going to beta test it but my model, Droid Charge, wasn't in the options for the model selection.

Viber

Reaction score
You could have chosen a different device for your subscription, downloaded and tested.

At any rate - Android's beta version will become public very soon - probably a few days - and then it will be available for download to all in Market. That will solve the problem for everyone.