not impressed with maxx battery life - normal for me?

OP
lgbalfa

lgbalfa

Reaction score
should i be keeping my brightness setting on "automatic brightness"?

thanks

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
but wouldn't that adjust the setting accordingly based on how much light i need?

Most experts agree that the auto display function will almost always provide more display brightness than is normally required thus eating up battery.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Most experts agree that the auto display function will almost always provide more display brightness than is normally required thus eating up battery.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

jpcalhoun is correct... Still, for those who want an "automatic" brightness option and still want to try to save some power, go ahead and set it for "Automatic Brightness", but also make sure to check the "Battery Saver" option in the display settings section.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
but wouldn't that adjust the setting accordingly based on how much light i need?
Let us know if you see an improvement after all the recommendations you've received. If not, then maybe you have a defective battery or some other hardware issue that only a replacement phone is going to solve. Most every Maxx HD owner raves about good great battery life is on the Maxx HD...you should be able to enjoy the same.

OP
lgbalfa

lgbalfa

Reaction score
ok i reset the phone and i am getting pretty much the same results.

i think though it is still acceptable numbers based on my usage.

any other phone i probably would have had to charge it like 3x already.

i love the phone and will just enjoy it.

thanks everyone for the great advice.

OP
lgbalfa

lgbalfa

Reaction score
final report after the master reset the second day i am getting great battery life!

4 hours, 31 minutes
95% left
42% screen time

these are the numbers i was expecting!

very happy now.

crakmasta

Reaction score
final report after the master reset the second day i am getting great battery life!

4 hours, 31 minutes
95% left
42% screen time

very happy now.

That's more like it. This device is awesome. I go over 2 days with moderate use and 36 hours with heavy usage. Anyone with bad stats seriously try FDR and settings

OP
lgbalfa

lgbalfa

Reaction score
That's more like it. This device is awesome. I go over 2 days with moderate use and 36 hours with heavy usage. Anyone with bad stats seriously try FDR and settings

not sure what happened but before the master reset on standby from 100% in 4 hours it was already at 80%.

after the master reset it is now at 97% on standby from 4 hours.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score

4 hours, 31 minutes
95% left
42% screen time

very happy now.
Great news. Glad the phone is now living up to your expectations.

25mm

Reaction score
Yeah, screen time is the great equalizer. It really doesn't matter that much how long it's on (it'll probably go 48 hours on a charge with no screen time) it's how much you use it while it's on.

I have gone 4 DAYS, 13 hours on a single charge. That's about 110 hours. Its a pain because I can't get into a routine on when to charge the damn thing.

diablo81588

Reaction score
I have gone 4 DAYS, 13 hours on a single charge. That's about 110 hours. Its a pain because I can't get into a routine on when to charge the damn thing.

That's a good problem to have :p

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Recently back to Motorola ( have had every one since the StarTac) left to try a Samsung GS3.
Have the MaxxHD and glad to be back.
Go days without charging.
"IF" that is not the case, I would indeed try a FDR and check my settings.
If that does not work I would try a charging cycle training session (ala Prof. Foxkat)
Finally - Get a replacement and insist it be put on a charger for 6-8 hrs before a store employee activates.
My .02 and worth every dime. :icon_eek: