Viber for Android BETA

Viber

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm excited to announce that our Beta version of Viber-for-Android is FINALLY public, and now appears in Market for all to download!
The version itself is slightly more updated than the previous one (mostly bug fixes), so we highly recommend everyone to download and install it.

Important: those of you who were testing our Beta (after getting the invitations) will have to uninstall Viber, and only then install the Market version. Thank you!

As usual, I'll be here for your questions, suggestions, bug reports or anything else really :)

Thanks,
Viber.

Viber

Reaction score
A new version of Viber for Android has just been released: 2.0.1
What's new?

- "Exit" button. Note that shutting Viber off may result in unavailability to receive calls and texts.
- Important features, such as Proximity Sensor, are now enabled by default.
- Viber-contacts identification mechanism was improved.
- Many other bug fixes.

Please find the new version in Market. We'd love to hear your feedback!

Viber

Reaction score
In the works these days, along with many other features, for our future version: Viber 2.1

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
In the works these days, along with many other features, for our future version: Viber 2.1

Nice, if you can add MMS I will gladly switch over from google voice

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!

Viber

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm excited to announce that according to preliminary results, it seems as though we managed to find and fix the collision problem of Viber with CM7 and MIUI ROMs (and possible the rest as well)
Both these ROMs "change" the device's identity (virtually, of course), preventing Viber from adapting itself correctly to the device's microphone configuration. This is why most of you with ROMs experienced the one-side audio issue.

Anyway - we are working on adding a fix to the new version that will hopefully be officially released next week to Market.

Updates soon,
Viber.

Viber

Reaction score
Hi all,
Viber 2.0.2 has just been released to Market!

What's new?
- Viber is back on Market for HTC Wildfire and HTC Hero users. However, note that due to immanent compatibility problems, Viber might not work 100% smoothly. We're working hard to improve these problems.
- After hard work, as promised, Viber now supports *some* of the famous custom Android ROMs, such as CM7 and MIUI. We need your feedback in order to make sure the major problems with these ROMs are now resolved.

Please make sure you download the latest version.
As usual - for questions/technical issues feel free to contact me.

Regards,
Viber.

Viber

Reaction score
International usage...specifically US to Thailand...?

Yep, without a problem.
Viber should work just fine between any 2 Viber users, no matter where they are in the world (as long as both are connected to the internet).

Viber

Reaction score
Yes, videocalling is planned and will be available in the future, but we still don't know when.

Viber

Reaction score
MMS (pictures, sounds and video bits) is in the works right now.
We plan to add this feature in the upcoming Viber 2.1, probably a few months from now.

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
We plan to add this feature in the upcoming Viber 2.1, probably a few months from now.

Damn...months seems like a long time lol. At least you let us know its coming. Unlike google voice :)

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!

Viber

Reaction score

Damn...months seems like a long time lol. At least you let us know its coming. Unlike google voice :)

It might be sooner than that, but we want to be on the safe side, not promising anything in vain :)

Anyway, I'll keep you posted on updates as we add them bit by bit.