New to SMARTPHONES

ayoung2011

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am new to the DROIDS.. even a SMARTPHONE period... I have a few questions and was wondering if anyone could help me out please.. I am sorry if they are repeats I scanned through the threads before posting and did not see them so I am going ahead and asking.
BTW I have the SCH-I500 Samsung Fascinate

1: I have Handcent downloaded.. How do I send picture messages with pic and song? When I try toattach a picture I have to remove or replace it to add audio...

2: Everyone keeps talking about rooting in many posts... what is that exactly?

3: My sil has a fascinate as well, and every time she presses the bottom key (home, options, back..ect) it viberates... my phone does not viberate like that. I cannot even get it to viberate during a call and ring or even when I get a message. I have the viberate turned on but it still does not do it at all...

Thank you in advance and again if you can help will you be specific as I said I am new to these.. :)

Rafael

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am new to the DROIDS.. even a SMARTPHONE period... I have a few questions and was wondering if anyone could help me out please.. I am sorry if they are repeats I scanned through the threads before posting and did not see them so I am going ahead and asking.

1: I have Handcent downloaded.. How do I send picture messages with pic and song? When I try toattach a picture I have to remove or replace it to add audio...

3: My sil has a fascinate as well, and every time she presses the bottom key (home, options, back..ect) it viberates... my phone does not viberate like that. I cannot even get it to viberate during a call and ring or even when I get a message. I have the viberate turned on but it still does not do it at all...

Thank you in advance and again if you can help will you be specific as I said I am new to these.. :)
2. People have been talking about rooting because it has allowed them to install 2.2 (froyo) on their phones while everyone else is running 2.1. If you are comfortable with technology and are capable of following instructions I would suggest you try and upgrade by following the link below. Your phone is going to be so much faster if you update it.

Leaked DL30 Froyo Build Available NOW! (Includes Full Instructions) - Android Forums

OP
A

ayoung2011

Reaction score
Thank you

2. People have been talking about rooting because it has allowed them to install 2.2 (froyo) on their phones while everyone else is running 2.1. If you are comfortable with technology and are capable of following instructions I would suggest you try and upgrade by following the link below. Your phone is going to be so much faster if you update it.

Leaked DL30 Froyo Build Available NOW! (Includes Full Instructions) - Android Forums

Thank you for replying and thanks for the Froyo update.. I would love to update but I am the dummy that would come back and say what did I do wrong I did this and this...lol Would Verizon do the upgrade for me?

Swvapunk69

Reaction score
Nope vzw wont do the update for u because we shouldn't have the update yet its a leaked version so vzw would not like it to much if u wanted them to do it for u.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

OP
A

ayoung2011

Reaction score
Shhh...

ok.. thanks Swvapunk69.. lips are sealed... I did no know, but do now.. Thanks for answering! Now if I could just get help with the viberate thing and sending picture message with audio....I found a forum on different site where someone had said to dial *#0#* and push viberate the screen will go to a screen and push the vibration button and then the screen will black out and viberate, but it did not do that either.. So I dont know

Rogue27

Reaction score
to make the soft keys at the bottom vibrate u have to go to settings> sound and display settings> then make sure the haptic feedback box is checked

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App