Verizon revives unlimited data

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Thanks for the clarification Tis. Bummer that you can't keep using your current discount.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Thanks for the clarification Tis. Bummer that you can't keep using your current discount.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Maybe that will change... *wishful thinking*

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
xeene

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm going to keep old unlimited. The only thing this one has that old didn't is the free hotspot. But I've managed to get it working on turbo 2 for free either way.
6e89ec1a9ee956d17bb560c5b561f511.jpg

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm going to keep old unlimited. The only thing this one has that old didn't is the free hotspot. But I've managed to get it working on turbo 2 for free either way.

Yeah, I'm paying $90 for my old unlimited....granted the minutes are sometimes not enough and I have to manage, and sometimes I have to pay for texts that didn't come to my google voice number.....but for $5 a month why would I switch to a plan that throttles me at 22GB?

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yeah if you're not going to be saving a good amount it makes no sense.

Watch them increase old udp costs again then start forcing people to move somehow.

At least the option is finally there

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Wadman

Reaction score
We have an old nationwide plan with grandfathered unlimited data. We Pay $25 a month for texting. Also, the access fee for both lines to keep unlimited. All together we pay $220 and that's without device payments. After running the numbers this would save us quite a bit each month. I spoke with a rep that said in our area, the towers won't be congested enough for us to notice a big difference in speeds after 22 gigs. My biggest concern is the 10 gig limit on the hotspot feature. 3g won't work for us. The rep again told me that in our area we wouldn't go to 3g because we don't live in a high traffic area. We cannot get any other internet at our house because Hughes net is the only thing offered and its terrible. So, we have to use our hotspot for pretty much everything (please don't judge me). So I am to assume that if the tower isn't congested then the throttling won't occur? Is there any truth to this?

Wadman

Reaction score
6e89ec1a9ee956d17bb560c5b561f511.jpg
I have a turbo 2 as well and use the hotspot workaround. Grandfathered unlimited. So if I were to switch to this new unlimited plan, and then use the workaround, would it even show that we are using the hotspot since the refresher skips the subscription check? Just a thought.

OP
xeene

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
you don't need to use workaround with new unlimited plans as hotspot is included free in the plan. the throttling, i have never heard of anyone being throttled. i myself have used 100gb+ in the past and never been throttled and i live and a metropolitan.

the only times i know their towers have been congested is during bit attendance events like superbowl that was held in detroit. other times i know towers get clogged is during natural disasters, which depends where you live might or might not happen.

Last edited:

Cowbell_Guy

Reaction score
Are people with the old grandfathered unlimited plan actually switching? It will save me about 50 bucks a month . Not sure if it's worth the risk of being throttled or not. I live in a major Midwest city...

I'm just afraid if I give up my grandfathered UDP I'll never get it back

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk 2

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Are people with the old grandfathered unlimited plan actually switching? It will save me about 50 bucks a month . Not sure if it's worth the risk of being throttled or not. I live in a major Midwest city...

You definitely will not get your UDP back after you switch. You could wait a few months to see how it's working for others. The $50 savings might be worth being throttled on occasion, though.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score

I agree with @TisMyDroid in going to wait a bit but the savings (71 for me) is worth maybe being throttled if I use 22gb and happen to be in an area that's congested. Also unlimited minutes finally.

But, waiting to see how it's working out is probably rather prudent and a good idea.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk