Verizon throttled fire department’s “unlimited” data during Calif. wildfire

Status
Not open for further replies.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Opinion | Losing net neutrality made it harder for Santa Clara to fight its wildfires
Apparently I'm not the only one who think net neutrality has a lot to do with vzw being crap carrier.
I think you're missing the point.

Verizon was throttling people way before net neutrality was repealed. The FCC fined (Verizon Wireless To Pay $1.25 Million To Settle Investigation) Verizon left and right and yet Verizon kept throttling. Verizon did not show any signs of being worried about the government.

My point is that NN could still be in place now and Verizon would still be throttling.

Would I like to see NN back, yeah. But you know what has more impact than the government, money.

When money starts marching out the door, people either make changes or get replaced by someone else to right the ship. Because there have been a number of iconic companies that were big today and were closed tomorrow (Toys R US).

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
So, someone thinks Verizon is a crap carrier and uses this forum to bash Verizon every chance he can get? Why he is not banned by now is beyond me.

I have strong negative opinions about AT&T but don't use this forum to bash AT&T all the time.

Verizon screwed up in CA. They know it. We all know it. They admitted to their mistake. Will they continue to throttle other users? Yes. So will all other mobile carriers. Will they throttle emergency responsders again? I bet not. This made national news and was a black eye for them.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

OP
xeene

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yes go ahead and ban me because I'm upset that a cellular provider cares more about money then customer service and the whole ajit/vzw/fcc bs. You sound like a butt hurt Verizon customer. Can't take the heat? Get out of here then. Nobody is forcing you to read this topic.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Can we show some respect when we post on here? Please look at your posts reflect on how it's read across for all members... Let's stop the I need to get my last words in and only my views are good.. This is meant for everyone posting new and old...

Thread locked

PH-1

Status
Not open for further replies.