Verizon throttled fire department’s “unlimited” data during Calif. wildfire

Discussion in 'Tech News' started by xeene, Aug 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xeene

xeene Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,186
    If the regulations were still in place, the SCCFD could have used the net neutrality system to complain directly to the FCC about Verizon’s throttling, which (perhaps coincidentally) only began a few weeks after the enactment of the repeal. The repeal also limited customers’ ability to sue ISPs for unfair behavior.
    As for me, I took our 4 lines and moved else where and told our 6 family friends to do the same which they did. So now we have better service for less money. Win win!

2. Sajo

Sajo Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +12,342
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Z4
    This has nothing to do with net neutrality....for Pete's sake can we drop the net nuetrality aspect of this situation.

And..... excellent post pc747, well worded.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  3. xeene

xeene Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,186
  4. pc747

pc747 Regular Member
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +7,270
    I think you're missing the point.

Verizon was throttling people way before net neutrality was repealed. The FCC fined (Verizon Wireless To Pay $1.25 Million To Settle Investigation) Verizon left and right and yet Verizon kept throttling. Verizon did not show any signs of being worried about the government.

My point is that NN could still be in place now and Verizon would still be throttling.

Would I like to see NN back, yeah. But you know what has more impact than the government, money.

When money starts marching out the door, people either make changes or get replaced by someone else to right the ship. Because there have been a number of iconic companies that were big today and were closed tomorrow (Toys R US).

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

#16 pc747, Aug 25, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Sajo

Sajo Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +12,342
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Z4
    So, someone thinks Verizon is a crap carrier and uses this forum to bash Verizon every chance he can get? Why he is not banned by now is beyond me.

I have strong negative opinions about AT&T but don't use this forum to bash AT&T all the time.

Verizon screwed up in CA. They know it. We all know it. They admitted to their mistake. Will they continue to throttle other users? Yes. So will all other mobile carriers. Will they throttle emergency responsders again? I bet not. This made national news and was a black eye for them.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. xeene

xeene Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,186
    Yes go ahead and ban me because I'm upset that a cellular provider cares more about money then customer service and the whole ajit/vzw/fcc bs. You sound like a butt hurt Verizon customer. Can't take the heat? Get out of here then. Nobody is forcing you to read this topic.

7. bkdodger

bkdodger Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +6,394
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6
    Can we show some respect when we post on here? Please look at your posts reflect on how it's read across for all members... Let's stop the I need to get my last words in and only my views are good.. This is meant for everyone posting new and old...

Thread locked

PH-1

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.