Verizon offers Buy Dr0id get Eris FREE!

zmeflyby

Reaction score
It's possible but you'd have to swap phones on that account. The ERIS would have to be activated once leaving the store but you could always swap the phone's once you leave if you want. That also means you can lose the data plan if you just wanted to have the Eris as a security backup phone.

I think I asked about that for the storm bogo. The VZW worker told me that I had to activate it then and there, and I couldnt keep it as a back up.

But i will check again.

LordKastle

Reaction score
Yeah...but not sure if he meant that you couldn't change it after once being activated...in other words once you get home and do the MEID/ESN swap.

Trever1t

Reaction score
Just off the horn with Verizon. I was told that I had to return my Droid (bought on day of release) under the 30 day satisfaction guaranty and then select a new Droid to get the Eris.....Jeesh what a pita :p I don't want 2 data lines ( I have one regular line and 1 data) or I'd do it.

eversonsc

Reaction score
I just saw on their website today it says "buy an Eris for $99 and get an Eris free". It doesn't say anything about buying a Droid and getting the Eris for free. Not sure if I want to go down and stand there forever while they try to figure it out.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just saw on their website today it says "buy an Eris for $99 and get an Eris free". It doesn't say anything about buying a Droid and getting the Eris for free. Not sure if I want to go down and stand there forever while they try to figure it out.

From what I know. Diretly from VZW. It's either or. Buy a droid or eris and get an eris. Others have already gotten this deal. I'm sure they are pushing the Eris since it didn't seem to do as well. Though after looing at it. I think if some people would stop and look at it. they would find a very capable device

vzwmandroid

Reaction score
hey i went yesterday and took advantage of the bogo offer and now the wife has a koolaid smile she loves the eris. shhhhhhhh my motodroid is 1000 times better

vzwmandroid

Reaction score
in my case the rep at my local vzwstore called me and told me that i qulified for the bogo offer even though i had alredy had my motodroid so all i had to do is go by the vzwstore and pick up the eris

reWired

Reaction score
Silly girl..... my wife doesn't think she would use the eris features so i told to get in the horse buggy and go to work, so I guess I will pass on the bogo deal. We're kinda old so she just doesn't get it, but I have always been a wanna be geek.

By the way, the Droid and this forum rock!

Sal R.

Reaction score
Score.

Got the Eris for the wife despite having bought the droid a little over two weeks ago. Although, she's not quite sold on it yet.

Worse comes to worst, I'll have an extra phone if she switches back to the curve (for whatever reason.)

This forum rulez.

Taina51

Reaction score
The Eris is a very nice phone running the Android operating system. My daughter didn't want the larger, heavier, "clunkier" (her words) Droid so she opted for the Eris. She LOVES it. There may be an update in the future to Android 2.0, but even if not, this is a very full feature phone that stands on its own. When she returned to college after Thanksgiving her phone was the hit of her dorm and her friends were all jealous.

I'm happy with my Droid and she's happy with her Eris. (I just wish this deal had been available when I got my Droid so I could have gotten her Eris free!)
You should have gotten the Eris for free! I bought my Droid on 11/7 and I went to the Vzw store with my receipt and they gave me the Eris for free. All I did was paid the tax. For clarification purpose, I got the Eric for my husband whose contract was up for renewal.

darthdroid

Reaction score
my experience

I purchased a droid and an eris two weeks ago (new vzw customer), and after learning about this promotion, i called vzw last night to see what they can do for me. The customer service rep was extremely helpful, and gave me a 100$ refund. He initially said that i will need to return our phones and get 2 new ones, but went on and got his supervisor to just issue us credit. great customer service there.

jcu123

Reaction score
Bought new Droid, could not get free Eris

I just bought a Droid on Friday and knew about the buy one, get one deal going on. The salesperson told us that since I am the secondary phone on our family plan, the deal did not apply to my wife since she won't qualify for an upgrade for another few months. Their ads don't say anything about any restrictions like that and I was the one who bought the phone. I didn't get anywhere with the sales people.

Has anyone encountered this?

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
jcu the commercial clearly stated that the promo was only for a new line (i guess New Every 2 could capitalize on this too)... but you're asking abit too much for a free phone, if you're not up for a renewal...

but you could always call customer srvc and see what they can do for you

Trever1t

Reaction score
okay so I went to the VW store and was told that both lines need to be up for renewal or a new line had to be opened with the one getting upgraded....rats again, really wanted to get the wife in an Eris but her contract has another year to go.