1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Verizon offers Buy Dr0id get Eris FREE!

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Getaphixx, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Getaphixx

Getaphixx New Member

2. mth04

mth04 Premium Member Premium Member

Stick it!

I stuck this thread at the top for every one to read. The sale is at least all weekend. It's buy a Droid and get the Eris free. Please post all comments here. I'll remove the sticky on Sunday night. Have a great day
  3. LordKastle

LordKastle New Member

I am thrilled that they are giving the Eris away for free and not the Droid.

Sorry guys, but I just woke up and I am being an honest.
  4. mth04

Agreed! The Eris would have done better with 2.0 IMHO.
  5. TatDroid

TatDroid Active Member

The Eris is a very nice phone running the Android operating system. My daughter didn't want the larger, heavier, "clunkier" (her words) Droid so she opted for the Eris. She LOVES it. There may be an update in the future to Android 2.0, but even if not, this is a very full feature phone that stands on its own. When she returned to college after Thanksgiving her phone was the hit of her dorm and her friends were all jealous.

I'm happy with my Droid and she's happy with her Eris. (I just wish this deal had been available when I got my Droid so I could have gotten her Eris free!)
  6. leeches

leeches New Member

Do you think they would let you add a new line to get the Eris but use an old dumbphone on the new line instead (i added a new dumbphone line just a couple of weeks ago). I would love to have a backup but I'm definitely not wanting it turned on or a dataplan.
  7. LordKastle

LordKastle New Member

They can't really force you to keep one phone on a specific line...

Your question seems kind of cloudy and I don't know what exactly you are asking but if you get the Eris on a new line you could immediately switch it off.
  8. leeches

leeches New Member

Well I got the Droid and if I can walk in and get a free Eris then that would be sweet but I don't want it turned on or a data plan. What I would like to do is walk in and tell them I just opened a new line 2 weeks ago and want an Eris because of that and the fact that I actually have two Droids/lines on my Verizon account already should make it possible. But I want to keep the added line with just a dumbphone and keep the Eris stored away as a backup for when Verizon tells me my insurance won't cover the damages on the phone somewhere down the road (and you know they will).
  9. mth04

First once you go home the phone is your to do as you please. Saying that I believe it will leave VZW activated. If you go home and change it well i'm not sure if they can/will say anything.

As far as the deal goes. You have 30 days to return your Droid. You will pay a $35 restockfee I think. Then rebuy it and get the Eris free. I believe VZW will let that happen
  10. borka

borka New Member

im pretty sure they will make you get the data plan when getting the free Eris.
    you can technically put your regular phone on the eris line and put away the Eris, but im pretty certain you will still have to pay for the data plan.
  11. mth04

only if a smart phone is active on the line. So if he goes home and switches to a "dumb" phone. No data plan is required
  12. LordKastle

LordKastle New Member

Yeah the data plan should immediately deactivate once the Eris is taken off the line. This is what they have stated before. But I would never trust that...if you do end up changing the phone off the line I'd still call to confirm the data plan has been deactivated.
  13. Elysian

Elysian New Member

Damn, Verizon won't do the BOGO thing since I bought it on Amazon... Told me it's because I bought from a 3rd party :/
  14. leeches

leeches New Member

Sweet guys thanks for the ideas.
  15. MrTommy

MrTommy New Member

Free Eris - if you buy firat Eris

There's definitely an ad on the Verizon homepage touting a buy one, get one free - for two Eris' (would that be Eri - plural?). I don't see the other one, but I printed that page out (from the link) so I can show it to the folks at the Verizon store when I go there Sunday.
  16. Monstrosity

Monstrosity New Member

If you go to the droid page and click add to cart, you can chosoe the eris there as the free phone
  17. BigTex71

BigTex71 New Member

I am going to the Verizon store after work and ask if I can get an Eris for my wife for free, since I am still within the 30 days of purchasing my Droid. She wants a Droid, and we were going to do the Dell special for $129, but that was for the primary line on a family plan. I bought the Droid on 11/6 and renewed the family plan contract then as the primary. So the Dell people said that if I wanted the Droid for a secondary line it would be $249. Needless to say, we didn't get her the Droid and she doesn't want to pay $199 for one at the Verizon store.
  18. Elysian

Elysian New Member

I'm going to switch my order from Amazon to Verizon, that the $50 hit and get the Eris for my mom.
  19. 928Droid

928Droid Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Just Called Verizon (611) and got the Eris free for my wife without adding a line (phone upgrade only) and they retro-acted my earlier Moto Droid purchase to qualify me for the BOGO deal.

Thanks to everyone for posting about this deal!!
  20. Mr. Pennstate

Mr. Pennstate New Member

So my question would be can I still get the BOGO offer if only my phone is available for an update and my girlfriends isnt ready till May?
Search tags for this page

jus geteris is