Verizon offers Buy Dr0id get Eris FREE!

Monstrosity

Reaction score
There's definitely an ad on the Verizon homepage touting a buy one, get one free - for two Eris' (would that be Eri - plural?). I don't see the other one, but I printed that page out (from the link) so I can show it to the folks at the Verizon store when I go there Sunday.
If you go to the droid page and click add to cart, you can chosoe the eris there as the free phone

BigTex71

Reaction score
I am going to the Verizon store after work and ask if I can get an Eris for my wife for free, since I am still within the 30 days of purchasing my Droid. She wants a Droid, and we were going to do the Dell special for $129, but that was for the primary line on a family plan. I bought the Droid on 11/6 and renewed the family plan contract then as the primary. So the Dell people said that if I wanted the Droid for a secondary line it would be $249. Needless to say, we didn't get her the Droid and she doesn't want to pay $199 for one at the Verizon store.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Just Called Verizon (611) and got the Eris free for my wife without adding a line (phone upgrade only) and they retro-acted my earlier Moto Droid purchase to qualify me for the BOGO deal.

Thanks to everyone for posting about this deal!!

Mr. Pennstate

Reaction score
So my question would be can I still get the BOGO offer if only my phone is available for an update and my girlfriends isnt ready till May?

Krish

Reaction score
I got my Eris free since i bought the droid 2 days ago i told them i wanted the new eris with it for free. They took the droid receipt i had and did something where they canceled that order and reprocessed it and gave me the htc eris without any hassle. They said the offers available until Dec 7 9pm better hurry guys n gals.

bwhite757

Reaction score
4-Line business account holder here. I bought my Droid on 11/7 and went into the store tonight to ask about the special and see if any of my other lines were eligible. Actually got a knowledgeable friendly staff person to help me out. One line on my account was up for a NE2 discount, and he said he could throw the Eris on that line. I called up my co-worker and asked if he wanted the phone since it was going to be free in the long run and I got a big "Yeah!" lol. Only problem was he was away on business until Wednesday. I told the VZW tech this, and he said no problem, we'll set you up for a future activation. Put the charges on the account and walked out with the Eris. Easiest visit to VZW in quite some time...

Sharkz

Reaction score
How would that work for me. I have 5 phones on my account. I just upgraded 4 of them last night on line. (Don't even have them till Monday) One of them was a droid. My 5th line isn't due up for for an upgrade yet. Would i still qualify for the free phone?

DjSmooth

Reaction score
How would that work for me. I have 5 phones on my account. I just upgraded 4 of them last night on line. (Don't even have them till Monday) One of them was a droid. My 5th line isn't due up for for an upgrade yet. Would i still qualify for the free phone?

Yes, you would still qualify for the free Droid Eris (with the Droid upgrade), just give them a call back and they will cancel and reprocess the Order.

GolfProRM

Reaction score
I had purchased a Droid for myself and an Eris for my wife on 11/8 (from a Verizon Store). Called 611 to ask about the refund for the free Eris - guy said that I did qualify, but had to go to the store with my receipt to get the refund since I bought it in-store. Went to the store - the sales rep and manager told me that the deal was only "buy an Eris, get an Eris," the Droid was not involved in the deal. Called 611 while in the store and the rep on the phone said they were wrong.
Handed my phone to the sales rep, and she went back with her manager. 30 minutes later, the rep comes out to ask for my receipt. 30 minutes later, she comes back out and says it's finally done. She said she argued with the phone rep for 20 minutes about it, asking them to process the refund since they said I was eligible. Phone rep eventually hung up on her, so she spent the rest of the time with her manager trying to figure out how to process the refund in their system. Total time: 1 hour, 10 minutes, but I got my $100 back.

Long story short: if you bought a Droid in the store, you may have a hard time getting the deal done. I'd recommend calling 611 while in the store if they give you any push-back. Also be prepared to spend quite awhile waiting while they figure it out.

LordKastle

Reaction score
Sometimes the stores are just too stubborn.

When Storm 1 came out I had to buy the phone as a gift for someone. They legitimately were not going to let me buy it IN THE STORE on the day it came out because I was not eligible for an upgrade at the 2 year advertised cost. They refused to sell it to me for full retail cost!

So instead of just selling it for me normal RETAIL price (not with the discount), they went through the hassle of UPGRADING my line so I could get the discount price BUT then ADDING 2 prepaid cell phones to my account which I immediately returned at another Verizon store to get my money back.

Keep in mind customer service on the phone all along said there should be no problem buying the phone at full retail.

LordKastle

Reaction score
It's possible but you'd have to swap phones on that account. The ERIS would have to be activated once leaving the store but you could always swap the phone's once you leave if you want. That also means you can lose the data plan if you just wanted to have the Eris as a security backup phone.