Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo 2 Full Specs, Pricing and Release Date Details

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Ahhh..so it is plastic..and you put screen protectors over it....hmmmmm..this changes a lot

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
It's a 5 layer system, so there is some glass in there...but the outermost layer is basically a special screen protector that the user can replace. That's the scratch resistant part...keep the outer layer on to protect from scratches. For me...this is definitely my next phone. Moto Maker on a Droid....sweet! I am also going to buy this for both of my kids next year when their current contracts are finished...I have already paid for one screen replacement each on their current phone. This phone will be great for them.

Last edited:

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I've owned Droids before. This one looks to be killer, but bloat and bootloader will make it a flop.

Because 5% of the user population cares about bloat and Bootloaders, it will flop? Yea, ok....

Average Joe will buy this because of the 4 year warranty. This is going to be a huge hit, IMO.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Because 5% of the user population cares about bloat and Bootloaders, it will flop? Yea, ok....

Average Joe will buy this because of the 4 year warranty. This is going to be a huge hit, IMO.

This phone will be Powerful, has a HUGE Battery & MicroSD for the first time. The 4 Year Warranty on the Screen beyond the Exterior Level is Huge. Just like the Samsungs and Other Phones there are ways around Bloat for the most part. I was Fine with my Droid Turbo Stock and Still am. I don't think The Bloat & Locked Bootloader are a Killer as much as it's a Verizon Exclusive Phone. Not many People want to Jump to Verizon with their Crappy Data Plans & Pricing. Now If you buy it Full Price and can use it Elsewhere then that will make it Interesting.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Allow me to say it once more: at least 90% of people don't know or care about BLOAT.
I am TGTGWC among my friends and family.
(That Guy That's Good With Computers)
Not to mention the IT Manager at a small (45 people) Law Firm.
I can count on ONE hand and have at least 3 fingers left over the number of times I have had Joe Family, Joe Friend or Joe Coworker ask me about turning off, disabling, or even just ranting about: bloat.
In all honesty, I can only recount one specific complaint from a co-worker and her G3. She has a 1 or 2 GB data plan and she was ticked off because apps she doesn't use would auto update over data and use her bandwidth. Simple fix as all you ENTHUSIASTS know. "Only update on Wifi".
*Note, she didn't complain about the apps. She didn't complain that NFL Football is on her phone. Only that it was using her bandwidth when these apps updated. And how frequently.
Do phone reviews ever talk about "The Bloat"? Not really. Only when it has something to do with the UI like Sense or Touchwiz.
Anyone that wants to argue about this point is simply out of touch with the "regular consumer".

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Let me say that you might be surprised.. Wasn't Samsung just nailed in china, for all of their bloat? I don't think China's users are more, or less astute than American smart phone users...so if it gets bad enough and some people see what all that useless crap does...it could lead to similar action in the US

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Hold on. The og maxx and turbo had qi charging. Neither of these phones show to support it? Yet the nexus line comes out and doesn't support it and everyone is up in arms.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I saw wireless charging listed somewhere.....there are so many threads for this phone.... It's hard to keep them all straight

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Reactions: cr6

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
T2 is Qi AND Powermat compatible.

As for China Bloat? Link?

Tap'n Turbo

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Agh so the t2 yes, maxx2 no.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
If China can do it, why can't we? I don't care if it comes with it but let me uninstall it if I want.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

deadernie

Reaction score
So when will the 64GB version be available. The 32GB is available through VSW's website but neither is available through Motorola's website.

shockracer

Reaction score
I would be swimming from the HTC ship to the Motorola ship for the turbo 2, but no front stereo speakers and VZW logoin the middle of the bottom...:Facepalm:

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
So when will the 64GB version be available. The 32GB is available through VSW's website but neither is available through Motorola's website.
It's on Moto's site now.

Moto Maker | Motorola

Holy crap. $720 for just the 64Gb version.

Screenshot 2015-10-29 09.42.53.png