Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo 2 Full Specs, Pricing and Release Date Details

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Would have been interested if it had been an Motorola unbranded phone.
I refuse to live with carrier bloat and a locked bootloader.
This phone is meant to be a carrier phone. The Droid line is Verizon's flagship.

If you want a similar phone without carrier branding then get the moto x pure edition.

Thankfully Verizon has come around and are allowing phones purchased through third parties on their network. It was 2 years ago when that was not the case.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Now that's a true flagship, think those specs cover all the "necessities" in a top of the line phone.
And.....don't forget the Moto Maker customization options. It's about time Verizon let their customers use Moto Maker and create a custom designed Droid. That alone is better than top end specs.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Did you watch the announcement? Dude walks out & drops it screen down, but at that slight angle that always sucks onto big bricks within the first 30 second or so of taking about it. Does it again a second time later.

They're definitely betting on their tech.

That was pretty cool! You gotta love a CEO that walks right up on a stage and drops a brand new phone face first on a brick.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
That was pretty cool! You gotta love a CEO that walks right up on a stage and drops a brand new phone face first on a brick.
Twice, but yeah. He didn't even get his speech started before he said, "You're gonna want to get pictures of this." and dropped the sucker.

realged13

Reaction score
Anyone know the gotchas on trading a phone in? Currently, I am on the 10gb Edge plan paying monthly for two Turbos. We are at 41% out of 75% to upgrade. If I trade the Turbo in and get that credit, will I be able to upgrade both or just one? My wife manages to fill her camera up quickly and the added micro SD is a killer for me.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
That's why the turbo was going to be an awesome phone..then they announced no data while on calls..after some of us had already purchased..then theybhad issues rolling volte out and then it tool em most of a year to get it up to 5.x

So we're thinking..will this be the same??
This. So much this. There's a great opinion piece over on Android central, I believe.

These phones should NOT be launching with Lollipop.

I retract anything I've said about looking at either device for my wife. It's bad enough to think about the chinks in the armor of her phone without getting her a phone that's already not running the latest software out of the box.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I didn't realize how much they put on the front bezels.. Wow.. Don't get white y'all..

S6E+ tapatalk

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
And software updates take how long?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
And software updates take how long?
Well..the maxx still hasn't gotten 5.0, 9 months for the turbo to receive it..and 4 tries to get volte to work.. Or ..sorta work..

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you do the math from the pricing it means about $625 and $719 retail give or take. Maybe more like $599 and $699.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Found this that the Screen is NOT Entirely Covered Since it is made up of 3 Separate Components and The Top Component is User Replaceable and Not Covered.

My Moto X

Additional warranty coverage for those Products that contain the ShatterShield™ Display System: The ShatterShield™ display system is made up of 3 separate components; the display, embedded lens, and a consumer-replaceable protective lens. The display and embedded lens are warranted against shattering and cracking for four (4) years from the original date of consumer purchase. The consumer-replaceable protective lens is not covered by this Limited Warranty, but should always be in place to prevent scratches and other damage to the underlying components. All other limitations and exclusions contained in this Limited Warranty (see “What is not covered” section below), including scratches and other cosmetic damage, intentional damage or abuse, and normal wear and tear, apply to the components of the ShatterShield™ display system.

The Exterior Lens Looks to be No More Than a Screen Protector.
Moto ShatterShield™

Last edited:

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
This phone is meant to be a carrier phone. The Droid line is Verizon's flagship.

If you want a similar phone without carrier branding then get the moto x pure edition.

Thankfully Verizon has come around and are allowing phones purchased through third parties on their network. It was 2 years ago when that was not the case.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

The X Pure is an 808 the Turbo 2 has an 810, different battery, different phone.
I know the Droid is a partnership between Motorola and Verizon.
The implication of what I was saying is that if the phone was not a "Droid" phone I'd be all over it.
I've owned Droids before. This one looks to be killer, but bloat and bootloader will make it a flop.