Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo 2 Full Specs, Pricing and Release Date Details

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
motorola-droid-turbo2-shatterproof-display.png

Verizon just revealed the brand new Motorola Droid Turbo 2. It's truly an impressive flagship for folks on Big Red. It turns out the rumors that Moto and Verizon planned to push the shatterproof screen angle were true. That seems to be the feature they are highlighting the most. Here's the full spec breakdown:
  • 5.4-inch POLED QHD display - shatterproof design called "ShatterShield” includes a 4-year guarantee against cracks and shattering
  • Snapdragon 810 processor
  • 21MP camera rear
  • 5MP camera front
  • A microSD card slot
  • Huge 3,760 mAh battery (including Turbo Charging) - supposed 48 hours of use
  • Available through Moto Maker in a wide variety of options, including leather, ballistic nylon, and soft grip
  • Launches with Android 5.1 Lollipop, but Marshmallow will eventually follow (probably)
There are two hot new "features" available with the Droid Turbo 2. One is that it is customizable using Motorola Moto Maker, while the other option is that Verizon announced you can trade-in your old smartphone and potentially get up to $300 for it. (You can even trade in a phone with a cracked screen for the first time ever.)

The Droid Turbo 2 will be available on Thursday, October 29th. Verizon shared that you can get the Droid Turbo 2 for $26 or $30 per month, depending on storage options. They didn't go into further specifics than that, but we will update you when we know more.

Don't forget to drop by our Motorola Droid Turbo 2 dedicated section for further discussion: Motorola DROID Turbo 2 | Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I like it, this will definitely be my next phone!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Might have to have the wife check this one out. She's agreed to give the Note 4 a try once I get my 6P and set it up, but she's convinced she wants a smaller phone. These are pretty decent specs and I think she'll like the added durability, if nothing else.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Did you watch the announcement? Dude walks out & drops it screen down, but at that slight angle that always sucks onto big bricks within the first 30 second or so of taking about it. Does it again a second time later.

They're definitely betting on their tech.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Did you watch the announcement? Dude walks out & drops it screen down, but at that slight angle that always sucks onto big bricks within the first 30 second or so of taking about it. Does it again a second time later.

They're definitely betting on their tech.
I missed the review. Slept in today so my workout was delayed a hour.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This is a first.

But wow I stand and applaud Verizon and Motorola. We are normally complaining that their specs are behind the times. But this may end up being the best phone of the year. A shatterproof screen, huge battery, and those specs.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here's another listing of specs and features for the Droid Turbo 2 and the Droid MAXX 2:

Motorola Droid Turbo 2
  • Size: 149.8 x 78 x 7.6-9.2 mm
  • Weight: 169 grams
  • 5.4-inch POLED Quad HD display (2560 x 1440 and 540 ppi)
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 (MSM8994) with Adreno 430 GPU, Natural Language Processor, Contextual Computing Processor
  • 3GB of RAM
  • 32/64GB of storage
  • microSD support
  • 21-megapixel camera with f/2.0 aperture, phase-detect autofocus, dual LED flash, 4K video at 30fps
  • 5-megapixel selfie camera f/2.0 aperture, wide-angle lens, 1.4um pixel
  • 802.11ac MIMO Wi-Fi
  • Bluetooth 4.1
  • NFC
  • Infrared sensor
  • 3760 mAh battery with Qi and PowerMat wireless charging
  • Android 5.1 Lollipop
Motorola Droid Maxx 2
  • Size: 148 x 75 x 8.9-10.9 mm
  • Weight: 169 grams
  • 5.5-inch Full HD display (1920 x 1080)
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon 615, Adreno 405 GPU, Natural Language Processor, Contextual Computing Processor
  • 2GB of RAM
  • 16GB of storage
  • microSD support
  • 21-megapixel camera with f/2.0 aperture, phase-detect autofocus, dual LED flash, 4K video at 30fps
  • 5-megapixel selfie camera f/2.0 aperture, wide-angle lens, 1.4um pixel
  • 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi
  • Bluetooth 4.0
  • NFC
  • 3630 mAh battery
  • Android 5.1 Lollipop

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
This is a first.

But wow I stand and applaud Verizon and Motorola. We are normally complaining that their specs are behind the times. But this may end up being the best phone of the year. A shatterproof screen, huge battery, and those specs.

That's why the turbo was going to be an awesome phone..then they announced no data while on calls..after some of us had already purchased..then theybhad issues rolling volte out and then it tool em most of a year to get it up to 5.x

So we're thinking..will this be the same??