Verizon Droid Turbo 2 Tipped to Include Moto Maker and is Coming October

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid-turbo-desk.jpg

The above image is the OG Motorola Droid Turbo.

According to new report from our friends over at Phandroid, the new Motorola Droid Turbo 2 will be coming in October. Specifically, the Droid Turbo 2 will be revealed on October 15th and will hit store shelves on October 29th.

There's another interesting add-on to this news. Supposedly, the new Droid Turbo 2 (which will be called the Moto X Force outside of the US) will be available for customization on Moto Maker. Even crazier is that when you purchase the Droid Turbo 2 online through Moto Maker, Motorola will supposedly offer consumers a one-time, free design swap/replacement within 2 years of purchase. Basically, that means that if you hate your device color after having it in hand for a while, Moto will swap out the design for you.

We aren't quite sure what to make of this intel. It seems to go against the grain of the Verizon Droid line to offer customization options, but that's what was reported. It could be an interesting new collaboration between Verizon and Motorola, and we are anxious to see if this proves true.

Finally, on top of these two tidbits of juicy intel, we have another confirmation of specs for the phone, but this time we have another new detail regarding the supposedly "shatterproof" display.
  • 5.43-inch QHD “Shatterproof” display - with reinforced metallic edges surrounding the display
  • Snapdragon 810 MSM8994 processor
  • 32GB/64GB internal storage options
  • 3GB RAM
  • 21MP/5MP cameras
  • 3,760mAh battery
What do you folks think? Do these rumors make you more or less interested in the next generation Droid Turbo?

Don't forget to spark some conversations in our dedicated Droid Turbo 2 section here: DROID Turbo 2 | Android Forum at DroidForums.net

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Don't like anything snapdragon 810, that tech should have been recalled and never released to the public.

realged13

Reaction score
The only issue I have with my Turbo (and that's it) is the camera. I feel like it is really lacking and hope they fix it.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The processor and the battery...I think they should up it to a 4000mah battery...perhaps they think 3760 is fine with all the battery saving that lollipop was "supposed" to do..but I haven't seen it..and with my day..I need/want as big of a battery as I can get..especially if its built in...

Last edited:

JDH

Reaction score
Mine is suffering drain in the last 3 days. Nothing new, turbo charger overnight, light use. Woke it at 8am yesterday and was down to under 30% 12hours later at 8pm. Has been running warm these last few days as well. I sometimes wish I had just bought the moto x 2014 from mm. This one is all paid off so I really feel like I should just keep it. Can't use the advanced calling feature because I am in and out of 4g lte so often. I sometimes turn it on when home but if I go a few blocks away from home I may be in 3g service and we all know what happens then
We just got 5.1 and now 6 will be out any time, so the whole turbo experience has been somewhat of a bummer. Turbo 2, no thanks.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
That is another point..I'd forgotten... We bought turbos new in October with unofficial promises of lollipop by January, then March.... And it kept going and going....I don't feel the device was handled very well...

Also..as I recall...we didn't know about not having volte until a day or so after the release date .some would say..that's your own fault..not when you come to expect phones from that carrier to have that feature ....

JDH

Reaction score
I will look to vendor free phones in the future like the new moto x, ready for any vendor anywhere. Maybe by the time "N" is out we will get "M" ???
BTW, I remember being told that turbo would be first to get "L" by my sales rep at the corp store on 10/30/14. They were just ad misinformed as we were.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Since one of our office-mates here at HQ has had great luck with Project Fi, my GF and I are probably going to give it a try after the new Nexus devices have launched. If you are in one of the many cities where Sprint and/or T-Mobile gets good coverage, then it seems like the best value to be had. You just have to buy your device outright or make payments, but at least you don't have to worry about being beholden to the schedule of your carrier for updates.

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Just got a turbo one but I would trade it for a 2 if it equal or better

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk