Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo 2 Full Specs, Pricing and Release Date Details

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Wife has unlimited.
I'm on a business plan. I thought if I left and got dropped by work I'd be stuck with buy, or payments with a new phone.

Tap'n Turbo

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Still blows me away that she uses 14x the data the I do. My most ever was 3gb.

uploadfromtaptalk1446177507907.JPG

Tap'n Turbo

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
While I agree with almost all of that I do NOT agree that contracts are "old and outdated". Contracts make phones affordable for some people. It's always best to have Options.
I personally hate the "pay xx dollars every month" to pay for it gradually.
In this modern age, everything is "just a few bucks a month".
Hulu, Netflix, Amazon (paid annually, of course, smart Amazon) and MS Office now, Spotify or Google Music, Photoshop, HBO...everything is monthly. If I bought everything I wanted on monthly basis, I'd be paying $300 month. $10 here, $10 there, $25 here.
Somethings got to give. Let me have Options, man. Options....

Tap'n Turbo

Just depends on the plan and deals you are currently under. It's super cheap for me to take an edge device on one of the lines on our account. Actually, depending on what I picked I could have even been getting a credit. You don't need to take on a new contract to see the savings.

shockracer

Reaction score
Did they change the Speaker Position on the Droid Turbo 2 from where it was on the Droid Turbo. That was one thing I liked with the Front Speaker and it was fairly Loud and sounded pretty good.

From the review video I watch, it was a single mono front speaker.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
From the review video I watch, it was a single mono front speaker.
Maybe they did this because the turbo 1 had 2 front facing speakers..and people didn't know where to put their ears so they couldn't hear their calls..

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
All phones have a speaker in the front for calls.

Tap'n Turbo
I think those are the speakers we are talking about here....are they louder on the Turbo 2? Some folks have a hard time hearing calls on the Turbo.....getting the phone set on their ear just right

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The turbo has 2speakers...at the top..and people didn't know where to put their ear so they thought they had poor call quality..and yes ..they're the front facing speakers for videos too..

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Of course I see that grill up there but if the speakers are that grill, why does the cup work? Play a video or mp3. Do the "cup". You know the cup: cup your hand around the back at the top.
What happens?
Explain that.

Tap'n Turbo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I just played the Moto X Force drop commercial again....love it. I put the back of the phone to my ear...could hear the music.....muffled a little. Put the front grill to my ear....could hear it loud and clear. I think they are front facing speakers and some of the sound comes through the back also, which would explain the hand cup effect. I tried that also and it did amplify the sound a little. But the Music was definitely playing through the front grill.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
It sounds clearer I. The front but loud as f right by the Moto divot on the back.

Tap'n Turbo