Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo 2 Full Specs, Pricing and Release Date Details

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Can I get $300 off and still keep my unlimited data?
No. The fine print says $300 off for a NEW contract and new service plan agreement. You can get $200 off by buying outright and not selecting. a new plan....according to the email I received.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
So for an extra $70 compared to that iPhone I get a 4 YEAR screen warranty and I can trade it in one time? Seriously? And you think that's expensive?
Trade in at the 2 year mark and get one with a new battery? I might actually KEEP it 4 years then. I usually have a phone for 2 years, so 1 for 4 years at a marginally higher price?

Come on jaded enthusiasts....
I get your point, but I also believe that Apple over-charges for EVERY device they sell.

I'm not saying it's a horribly ridiculous deal. I just think you can get more device for your money. Does it include the 4 year warranty and a rebuild of a custom phone, no. That definitely adds value.

I'm also not sure how I feel about the top layer of the 5-layer system being plastic and some of the review videos I've seen so far say that the screen isn't all that crisp and clear by today's standards.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I don't think Verizon has 2 year contract pricing anymore.... at least not advertised. It's either full price or the price split into 24 monthly payments.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I don't think Verizon has 2 year contract pricing anymore.... at least not advertised. It's either full price or the price split into 24 monthly payments.

Apparently, if you're still on a plan that allowed subsidized phones, you can still get them. I believe @jackiescivic clarified that for us when the news came up that they were getting rid of them. She's a rep for VZW in her day job.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Apparently, if you're still on a plan that allowed subsidized phones, you can still get them. I believe @jackiescivic clarified that for us when the news came up that they were getting rid of them. She's a rep for VZW in her day job.

Thank you Sir. I must have missed that point. Oops!

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I believe I saw $199 for the 32GB Model.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Very close, good Sir :)
Verizon has and will always have (according to my account manager) 2yr contracts...they just don't advertise them. You'll pay $40 for your line with the More Everything or Verizon Plan instead of a discounted price.

2yr contracts are old and outdated. In one way or another, they have always, and will always, get the full price of the phone when buying in a store.

Now let's be honest here. How many people are going to keep a phone for FOUR years? Typically the only people I see who do that are Apple users. Motorola has always slowed down in response time after about a year and a half. But really, any Android is going to slow down after time because of being open. Software updates being pushed to phones that should never receive them is the biggest reason I see people upgrade. There is NO reason the Galaxy S4 should have received Lollipop. Just like there is no reason the iPhone 4S should have received iOS 9.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
While I agree with almost all of that I do NOT agree that contracts are "old and outdated". Contracts make phones affordable for some people. It's always best to have Options.
I personally hate the "pay xx dollars every month" to pay for it gradually.
In this modern age, everything is "just a few bucks a month".
Hulu, Netflix, Amazon (paid annually, of course, smart Amazon) and MS Office now, Spotify or Google Music, Photoshop, HBO...everything is monthly. If I bought everything I wanted on monthly basis, I'd be paying $300 month. $10 here, $10 there, $25 here.
Somethings got to give. Let me have Options, man. Options....

Tap'n Turbo

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
You have options. 2yr is still there. You're just going to pay for the rest of your phone, and possibly more, with your service cost.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I don't have a contract option. Neither does my wife. If you aren't in a VZW contract now, the option isn't there for you, correct?

Tap'n Turbo