Verizon likely to implement tiered data plans later this year

chameleocat

Reaction score
I don't think they should be allowed to alter my contract with out my blessing i signed a 2 year contract and i chose to pay 30 dollars for the unlimited data package now that's in my wireless contract that i am paying 30 for unlimited not limited! they shouldn't be allowed to just cut and paste my contract

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
I don't think they should be allowed to alter my contract with out my blessing i signed a 2 year contract and i chose to pay 30 dollars for the unlimited data package now that's in my wireless contract that i am paying 30 for unlimited not limited! they shouldn't be allowed to just cut and paste my contract

They aren't allowed to alter your contract, which is why they aren't.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Good point on not being able to alter a contract, but with 4G right around the corner anyone who wants to take advantage of that service can be made to sign a new 4G contract, but yeah, no way they can change pre-existing 3G contracts, we are locked in

Sent from my Droid thru Time and Space

hoopcrazytr

Reaction score
This sucks.. I already can barely stay under my 5GB cap for our wireless EVDO router. The only reason I havent passed that mark is because 3G where I live, is scarce and runs slow 80% of the time to where I give up on everything. With Verizon saying they're going to push 4G to rural areas, I was hoping I could play some Xbox Live now, but this pay for your usage thing is gonna kick the crap out of that idea.:icon_evil:

BlueBillion

Reaction score
Tiered for speed, but not usage. AT&T needed to do that, and needs to do even more to improve their 3G network. IPad just came out, new IPhone coming out. Their network is about to get slammed! :icon_ banana:

smokiedabong

Reaction score
If they going to do that I'll say bye bye VZ and welcome Sprint , the new greatest network ever .
It's not like I'm married to my carriers .

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If they going to do that I'll say bye bye VZ and welcome Sprint , the new greatest network ever .
It's not like I'm married to my carriers .
....and they aren't going to stop unlimited data on their smartphones?

linkboy

Reaction score
Being in Great Falls, Montana, we don't really have that much of a selection when it comes to phones (pretty much just Verizon and Alltel).

Who knows when we're going to get 4G support from Verizon. If the 3G is still unlimited, I'm just going to stick with that. I'll use my wi-fi to surf the net when I'm near a hot-spot.

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
Verizon customer service rep told me for Droid and similar unlimited price will remain as is.
He also said my current Droid will be able to get 4G when implemented.
Hope he's right about both. Anyway, I'm going to listen to the Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy and "DON'T PANIC!".

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jocoboz

Reaction score
Current Droid compatibility with 4G (LTE) network

The current Motorola Droid (CDMA) will not be campatible with the 4G(LTE) which is GSM based.

RC Harris

Reaction score
The reality is the carriers will all soon be on these tiered plans.
They will allow carriers to boost prices incrementally over time and before you know it you will be paying more for your service than you ever thought possible. They will start with teaser rates and then smack everyone with increases. I've seen it in half a dozen industries, most notably cable services. Not much we can do about this - unregulated you know...