Verizon Confirms iPhone 4, $199 for 16GB, $299 for 32GB, Mobile Hotspot Included...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crypt92

Reaction score
now they are coming to my network. i guess i'm gonna show even more brainwashed iphone users live wallpaper to be liberated by this nonsense.

droid_mike

Reaction score
I love android, don't get my wrong, but the iphone 4 really is a great phone. The retina display is amazing, there's never any lag, facetime is great, and the app store just has a lot of awesome apps that the android market just doesn't have yet.

Android has a lot of awesome apps that apple will never have 'cos Jobs won't let you have apps that actually do anything outside his little sandbox. And Android apps are much, much cheaper overall--in fact, I haven't had to pay for one, yet!

Let's not forget how easy to use iTunes is, and being able to purchase and download videos through itunes is great. For android... you have to like download mp4's randomly on the web if you want that.

I've never found iTunes to be easy... it's clunky as heck and I'm bound to the computer for syncing all my data instead of the cloud. As for videos, songs, just like apps, you'll have to pay the big $$$$ for that on Apple.

If I had money and an upgrade, I would probably consider getting the iphone XP. Who's going to throw rocks at me now? :)

:icon_censored:

Detonation

Reaction score
One plus the iPhone has (for me, and likely only a few other people) is Line Out audio - the ability to play audio not only from the 3.5mm jack but through the dock connector. Line out audio sounds so much better in my car than from the 3.5mm jack, and it allows for things like sound/alarm clock docks - things any android phone doesn't have.

crackedvenom

Reaction score
itunes is incredibly slow, even on my quadcore 4gb ram pc. theres just so much stuff crammed into it. i for one am not going to get a year old phone. im going with the bionic.

Rhino413

Reaction score
@Varking

Games are only one thing on smart phones. the droid X and Galaxy S are far Superior machines to run games on. like Ive explained before games on IOS = Open C language. Games on Android = Java therefore it cost time and money to take a game from apple app store and bring it to android.
My best friend has an Iphone and he has dungeon defenders on it I have a droid X and it also has dungeon defenders on it and they both run smooth.
the games on IOS are designed around the IPhones hardware as is the nature of its C language. the games on android have to work with in the Dalvik compiler such is the nature of java. as more Android phones come out you will see a merge in common hardware like the tegra 2 or gpus. this will make games perform more uniformly on android. and as more Dev's gear from open C to Java and learn to code the full features from one to the other. you see more IOS apps on Android with no difference between them

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Varking, You should be able to register now. There were quite a few things broken when we moved the site from iPhone4Forum.net to the new domain, iPhoneForums.net

Also, I can not register on your iPhoneForums.net because of the key verification. Look below:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
For those having problem signing up on the iphoneforum the admin are aware of the issue and are fixing it now.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Haha, how did this become an iOS vs Andorid talk? The subject is that iPhone 4 is coming to Verizon. I love the fanboy arena though. I just need me some popcorn.... wait, wait... :popcorn: their we go. Lets continue to be off topic. :)

crackedvenom

Reaction score
Haha, how did this become an iOS vs Andorid talk? The subject is that iPhone 4 is coming to Verizon. I love the fanboy arena though. I just need me some popcorn.... wait, wait... :popcorn: their we go. Lets continue to be off topic. :)

well i want some popcorn now.

Rhino413

Reaction score

thats funny as hell

correct me if Im wrong the Iphone does not support home screen widgets or widgets peroid correct.

but to be back on topic I don't think the iphone on verizon is a bad thing
just as I thought high end androids on AT&T wasn't a bad thing. having these mega companies slugging it out for dominance is good for us. now there is no room for the android phone manufactures to sit and say we have no real competition here at verizon and begin to produce crap. they get to say hey boys the iphone and apple has landed take head and get ready for war.

ipawd1

Reaction score
To the guy who spoke on the customizable screens and whatnot.. I agree and disagree. Some of the screenshots I've seen of some of my fellow android users truly suck and they should've just left them alone.. Really. Dont want to be a stickler about it.

I dont care about the iphone/android beef. Give me a phone that works 100% of the time and I'm fine. Neither do much of a good job at that 100 percent of the time. I've had instances where my droid screen went black so I couldnt see who called me for a couple seconds... or simply would'nt hang up calls correctly

lchavez289

Reaction score
Popcorn.
ANYWAYS..
Reguardless of what a new potential Verizon customer wants
(Iphone) The release is going to bring a lot of traffic into the Verizon stores. It will bring in customers that weren't even considering Verizon as a carrier until this launch.

This is going to allow us as good Android supporters to actually sway them into Android. They're going to come in and we can say.. "Why yes Mr. Customer we do in fact carry the Iphone4.. But have you seen the 3D gaming on the Samsung Fascinate? The screen is the brightest avaliable and also bigger then the Iphone."

ipawd1

Reaction score
Just going to have fun seeing news reports from people hating verizon for all of the 4g commercials the past four months, without reasearching, but they go in store on the tenth thinking they'll have an iphone 4-g.

No..you just have an iphone 4..WHich will be obsolete in july.

v1nce

Reaction score
*sigh* All I have to say, on this Droid Enthusiast forum is simple math. No matter how many carriers carry ONE PHONE, the MANY will sell more than the ONE.

Droid is many. And it recently showed it. And will continue to do so. Compared to ONE phone. That's all folks.

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
One plus the iPhone has (for me, and likely only a few other people) is Line Out audio - the ability to play audio not only from the 3.5mm jack but through the dock connector. Line out audio sounds so much better in my car than from the 3.5mm jack, and it allows for things like sound/alarm clock docks - things any android phone doesn't have.

This is one thing i sorely miss from my iphone.

I'm sorry... An iphone on verizon is going backwards.

CDMA, no 4g, 5 mp camera..

That's like cheating on the good looking Kardashian with the Pugsly Addams looking one.

For a lot of people, 4g means nothing for a long time, where i live i will not see it for years, so it doesnt matter now. And the 5mp camera on the iphone takes as good/better pictures as any droid. MP mean nothing without clarity, and iphone has that in the bag.

I'm no Iphanboy, quite the opposite, but there are things on the iphone that are better than what we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.