Verizon Confirms iPhone 4, $199 for 16GB, $299 for 32GB, Mobile Hotspot Included...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ipawd1

Reaction score
Imagine seeing a Verizon representative try to explain to a non-tech phone user

"well see, no we have CDMA iphones so you can't talk and use safari"

I see very clearly why Steve Jobs played the back during this announcement. He gets a check, but posts NO blame. Smart guy of the month award for that..

Credit due..It's still Android over everything.

ipawd1

Reaction score
This quote pretty much embodies everything I think. Is unbiased..yet true. People who love Android wont admit it due to their undying love for our devices..But still.

“Apple is taking the fight to android here, that’s sort of the subtext of everything that’s going on,” Munster said. “Verizon’s been the reason that Android’s had life".

Verizon is the middle man in this

electric6

Reaction score
verizon-iphone-4-large.png

At today’s Verizon iPhone conference, the Verizon CEO has confirmed that iPhone 4 will be headed to the Verizon network. The new iPhone 4 will support the CDMA technology that Verizon has.

"We’re incredibly pleased to give Verizon’s customers the choice we’ve been waiting for. We’ve designed an iPhone 4 which connects to the CDMA network — and it has all the features that you’d expect. Like FaceTime. Features like Apple’s stunning Retina Display."

The new iPhone 4 has been designed specifically for the CDMA network and was in test for more than a year. This should open up iPhone access for CDMA vendors across the world, so you will see more networks being added by Apple in near future. Verizon iPhone users will most likely benefit from the Verizon LTE network and see higher speeds. There goes millions of AT&T customers. The price of 16GB iPhone 4 on Verizon will be $199 and 32 GB iPhone 4 will be $299. Verizon will also support mobile hotspots out of the box where you can connect up to 5 devices and access the internet. The Verizon iPhone 4 will be up for pre-order on February 3, 2010. Sales of iPhone 4 will start on February 10, 2010 at online stores for Verizon and in Verizon or Apple stores.

More updates coming shortly. For the official Verizon iPhone press release head on over to iPhoneForums.net .

Source: Verizon iPhone 4 Pricing and Availability | Verizon iPhone 4 Details

*drives to bank and pulls out 1 million space bucks*

Who ordered the pizza?

Wow it sucks to be wrong. I will say I'm afraid of what this will do to the overall network quality...

dankish

Reaction score
wtfook?

You dun' goofed. Who cares about this, really! Are you all going against what you've most likely said many times before... 'iPhone is for n00bz!', etc.? I just find it funny how many people I've seen talk smack on the iDont are now wanting one JUST because it's on a better network. The smack had nothing to do with the network before, so why the change of heart? I really don't get it! I hope you're not selling out and are going to betray our beloved friend Android! Regardless of the network it's on, it's still an overpriced piece of plastic that browses the web, plays games and uses one app at a time. Oh, you can also use that face-to-face app that none of your friends use. I think it's called "JustMyFaceTime".

Anyway, I'm about to get a huge snowstorm. Yay.

Dark_Jedi

Reaction score
This is actually quite nice to see. Although im really looking forward to the new Android Phones i am kinda wanting to go back to the iPhone 4 simply because i do use an iMac and it just works hand in hand.

ipawd1

Reaction score
People act like simplicity is a bad thing when it comes to an iphone.

Then try their hardest to have minimialistic Android screens. I feel bad cause I'm on the Android side, but there aren't any good "argument points" or logic that doesnt come off as hate when it comes to anything outside of Android.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
“Apple is taking the fight to android here, that’s sort of the subtext of everything that’s going on,” Munster said. “Verizon’s been the reason that Android’s had life".

Typically absurd statement for shock value from an overly bullish analyst. Sure, Android got a boost, but the IPhone didn't have much competition on AT&T, either. If you look at analyst forecasts, the IPhone is not expected to take over the world and crush Android. Forecast range from about 2.5M more units to 6M more units with the addition of the VZW IPhone, and that's not out of line with just holding share in an expanding market.

ipawd1

Reaction score

Typically absurd statement for shock value from an overly bullish analyst. Sure, Android got a boost, but the IPhone didn't have much competition on AT&T, either. If you look at analyst forecasts, the IPhone is not expected to take over the world and crush Android. Forecast range from about 2.5M more units to 6M more units with the addition of the VZW IPhone, and that's not out of line with just holding share in an expanding market.

You've said a lot. Much to the retrospect, more android devices on verizon have been sold, more android device choices, all a result of Verizons trust in the Android platform.

Fact is: if it were one Android device versus one iphone, the iphones sales would beat ours. You can't gang up a host of phones and try to compete with one. That's just stupid dude. "Android phones are just overall better than the iphone" should be changed to "our android selections give us leverage". Because they do.

Everytime I read a thread in an android forum about apple, or an apple forum about android.. It's always come down to one statement before cursing and "8mp cameras" coming out:

"But theres just one iphone, that seems to be able to compete with multiple platforms and win"... Can't argue with a fact. Android fan or not.

G

guest999

I've been watching this all day and the big criticism of Verizon's CDMA network is that you can't use voice and data at the same time, even with the hotspot. I've never had a need for both at once. When a phone is being used as a hotspot and gets a call, what happens? Does the data connection just drop, or pause, or what?

jbdavies

Reaction score
... The Verizon iPhone 4 will be up for pre-order on February 3, 2010. Sales of iPhone 4 will start on February 10, 2010 at online stores for Verizon and in Verizon or Apple stores. ...
We have to back in time to get the phone? Makes sense, since it is an "old" phone anyways. ;)

Not like it matters anyways... the world is going to end in less than 2 years. :p

ipawd1

Reaction score
I've been watching this all day and the big criticism of Verizon's CDMA network is that you can't use voice and data at the same time, even with the hotspot. I've never had a need for both at once. When a phone is being used as a hotspot and gets a call, what happens? Does the data connection just drop, or pause, or what?

Mainly.. this is the bargaining chip for a lot of AT&T defects looking for a bigger suitable network. They are going to come to Verizon with high expectations without research. Mainly Verizon just went through MAJOR cosmetic surgery to accomodate Apple in a panic for a big splash in the market to shake things up.

My thing with them is... You've been pumping 4g in our heads since November; yet say you've been working with the iphone on the networks for months. Enough so you changed the antenna on the device. However, who outside of pressed teens and people who feel the need to have "whats hot" in their hands is going to go into Verizon on the 10th and not have questions.

I personally dont use data and calls at the same time, but the concept is reasonable. You call me saying 'Greg, I sent you a link"... I should'nt have to hang up to look at the link. But unfortunately.. that's CDMA. -1 for iphone. Then the fact they JUST announced 4g LTE [with no plans, no phone release dates] just a week ago makes me believe not ANDROID... but VERIZON put us on the backburner, and will continue to.. long enough to accomodate the newest apple product. You saw how they did the Galaxy tabs & ipad.

ipawd1

Reaction score
Verizon are opportunists. They're like a pervert with itchy palms. Instead of waiting until June [common sense] when Jobs says "hey.. it's the same phone.. but now instead of just Facetime..our iphone 5 can do skype, and [insert faux whatever crap here].. They had to "prove" to Apple that their network will bend over backwards for them.
1. 14 day return policy.
2. Cancel new every two
3. Cancel annual early upgrade.
4. Not release od discuss prices of 4g [knowing they would'nt have a 4g iphone ready in time]
5. Release it the thursday AFTER the Super Bowl.. Knowing they are the official sponsors of the NFL. With an official NFL app [that they just updated to start charging.. *go figure*]. PROMOTION for Iphone.
Illuminati, conspiracy. Lindsay Lohan, whatever.... Verizon's some crooks.. But... they have the Android phones I want.

crackedvenom

Reaction score

Mainly.. this is the bargaining chip for a lot of AT&T defects looking for a bigger suitable network. They are going to come to Verizon with high expectations without research. Mainly Verizon just went through MAJOR cosmetic surgery to accomodate Apple in a panic for a big splash in the market to shake things up.

My thing with them is... You've been pumping 4g in our heads since November; yet say you've been working with the iphone on the networks for months. Enough so you changed the antenna on the device. However, who outside of pressed teens and people who feel the need to have "whats hot" in their hands is going to go into Verizon on the 10th and not have questions.

I personally dont use data and calls at the same time, but the concept is reasonable. You call me saying 'Greg, I sent you a link"... I should'nt have to hang up to look at the link. But unfortunately.. that's CDMA. -1 for iphone. Then the fact they JUST announced 4g LTE [with no plans, no phone release dates] just a week ago makes me believe not ANDROID... but VERIZON put us on the backburner, and will continue to.. long enough to accomodate the newest apple product. You saw how they did the Galaxy tabs & ipad.

i believe this is true. I mean att got a bunch of android phones while we got, what was it, 4? granted they are good phones but i mean, what this guy said makes sense.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Fact is: if it were one Android device versus one iphone, the iphones sales would beat ours. You can't gang up a host of phones and try to compete with one. That's just stupid dude. "Android phones are just overall better than the iphone" should be changed to "our android selections give us leverage". Because they do.

I've never said the IPhone isn't a great device or won't be the top-seller. But who cares about one vs. many? It is what it is, and the fact is many handsets are going to propel Android to the market leader, by a wide margin. IPhone can outsell 2 or 3 to 1 over the next best seller, but it's share will continue to be eroded as the competetive landscape becomes more crowded. That's a simple fact and reality of the market more than a commentary on the IPhone, much less a potshot or criticism of it.

You can sit here and say "you can't compare one to many" but so what? It's a distinction without a difference. IOS is not coming to multiple devices. Maybe Apple will roll out some alternative screen sizes and what not, but I have my doubts. Their quality is likely to suffer (which is one reason they haven't gone that route) and Apple has never shown an interest in dominating a market but in dominating the premium segment where margins are highest.

Status
Not open for further replies.