Verizon Confirms iPhone 4, $199 for 16GB, $299 for 32GB, Mobile Hotspot Included...

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
@RHINO413
This is what someone just wrote on my Facebook..
Thanks for the ammo =]

Ronnie Warren Droid and all the other phones are iPhone clones, hate to break it to you lindsey. Sorry. Those other phones are cool and all, but still, they copied the iPhone from the beginning 3 minutes ago · LikeUnlike

<LI class="uiUfiComment comment_2345161 ufiItem ufiItem"> Lindsey Chavez Uhmm. Not At All.
The Only Thing An Iphone Has, Is A Forward Camera.
We Have The Fastest Processors, Biggest Screens, Flash Player, Open Platform... We Own. Iphone Is For Yuppies With Their Sweaters Around Their Necks And Can't Figure Out How... To Use A Droid.See More
2 seconds ago · LikeUnlike

Sorry, that post just reminded me of mac and windows lol

bL33d

Reaction score
Well from someone who is not bias as i have the droid x and a ipad and a ipod touch. And i also had 2 iphones b4 i got into android.

I am not gonna switch from my droid x to a iphone 4 now if and when a iphone 5 comes out i will check it out and see what it offers.

The biggest pull iphone has imo is VERY polished apps they are so much better imo that its allmost worth the switch just to get the apps.

I wish google was more strict on what turds it lets into the android market.

lchavez289

Reaction score
[ quote]
Second time... you can get flash if you jailbreak. Not that flash has been anything special on Android. You forgot to mention how much better games are on iOS as well.[/QUOTE]
Why should you have to do that?

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score

lchavez289

Reaction score
[/quote]

Sorry, that post just reminded me of mac and windows lol[/QUOTE]Yeah Idk what's going on here.... BUT! I will tell you that immediately after this back and forth.. The kid is IMing me for a job!

Rhino413

Reaction score
As I lament on why you shouldn't get the IPHONE

you cant remove the battery!!!
it has a tiny screen!!!
it most likely still has the grip of death issue!!!
its an Apple!!!!
people who tie there sweaters around their necks use them!!!
its an Apple!!!!
it has no Flash support and never will!!!!
its not Android!!!
you would be giving money to steve jobs the worlds biggest a-hole yuppie!!

now reasons you should buy the IPHONE

you can figure out how to use an android phone!!!!
you own a mac now because you cant figure out how to use a computer that requires more than just opening the box and plugging it in!!!
you tie a sweater around your neck already.
and you like steve jobs.

but on a technical note even though the screen is tiny it is nice.
Second time... you can get flash if you jailbreak. Not that flash has been anything special on Android. You forgot to mention how much better games are on iOS as well.

there not better just more of them. Flash causes problems for the Iphone
because the Iphone uses open C language for its API's and android uses Java. running it jailbreaked or not it still causes crashes and hangs on IOS
C language is intenese as is java but java is cross platform and non hardware specific like the C language. the fact that the android phones have the dalvik compilier makes the OS more open and allows apps to be developed with little to no hardware specifics

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
I think VZW customers should call this the vPhone, lol. I think this will be for us customers, especially us android owners. It will force Motorola, HTC, etc to push these technological leaps even further as they see Apple start to chip away at their potential sales and I think it will force Apple to quit taking these baby steps in technology advances.

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
I can see a lot of people who want simple, locked down devices going after the iPhone while us more advance users sticking with the android platform.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Shadez, Your post has some incorrect information. The iPhone that is being made available will not take advantage of LTE. The Q and A part of the announcement revealed that LTE would have required farther adjustments and they weren't prepared to change the device that much. 4G data (LTE) is not capable on Verizon's 4th Generation iPhone...It runs off of Ev-DO (3G) Just to clarify.

Im not s sure abut that, but Im not gonnna argue it either because we wont know till it comes out. VZW has a reputation of springing things on people.

Verizon explicitly stated that the device wouldn't be LTE capable. That is fact that came from the event... JUst as a quick flashback:
"Q: Why didn't you go the LTE route?

Tim: Two reasons -- the first gen LTW chipsets force design changes we wouldn't make. And Verizon customers told us they want the iPhone now. I can't tell you the number of times we've been asked 'when will it work on Verizon.'"
If Verizon said that the phone wasn't capable then why would you still keep it in your story? The fact that VZ likes springing things on people really doesn't overshadow the fact that they said the device wasn't capable of LTE. Im sorry if I sound blunt. But this really makes no sense... why not include the addition of Unicorns in your post as well? You should keep it factual. (this could make the rumor come alive, and im tired of reading these rumors. This one is instantly squashed though.)

markwebb

Reaction score
I can see a lot of people who want simple, locked down devices going after the iPhone while us more advance users sticking with the android platform.

Quite true! I know a few people who will benefit greatly from the Iphone's simplicity.

All they want to do is make a call, check email and do lite web surfing and music listening while sharing photos of their children, pets, etc.

Simple and to the point...for a price! :)

I, and others like me, want the power and freedom of Android.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Meh, I had an iPhone, 3 to be exact (2G, 3G and 3GS) and frankly, Android > iOS. I think the only people to scramble out and buy a Verizon iPhone4 will be switchers from AT&T. Next up are Blackberry users that have wanted to jump ship and since most of them need simple, kindergarten level phones already, the iPhone is perfect for them. But I doubt many that use Android will switch.

Rhino413

Reaction score
@RHINO413
Thanks for the ammo =]

Ronnie Warren Droid and all the other phones are iPhone clones, hate to break it to you lindsey. Sorry. Those other phones are cool and all, but still, they copied the iPhone from the beginning 3 minutes ago · LikeUnlike

<LI class="uiUfiComment comment_2345161 ufiItem ufiItem"> Lindsey Chavez Uhmm. Not At All.
We Have The Fastest Processors, Biggest Screens, Flash Player, Open Platform... We Own. Iphone Is For Yuppies With Their Sweaters Around Their Necks And Can't Figure Out How... To Use A Droid.See More

you are right in the fact it churnes up memorys of windows versus mac.
but coming from an IT standpoint it was never about windows versus mac
nor is it Android Versus IOS. Apple is a headache for IT people because the OS is was designed for a simple easy to use experience same with the IOS. and For that matter same with motoblur and HTC sence they are all shooting for a easy to use uniform experience. the techy in me hates this as I enjoy tearing my tech gear apart. but then again I enjoy programming and command line interfaces like the what I use on Cisco's IOS

Varking

Reaction score
Compare the same app and game on ios to android and point out the better android ones. Most of our apparently are ports from ios and are missing features. I own a Droid and an ipod I can easily compare.
@RHINO413
Thanks for the ammo =]

you are right in the fact it churnes up memorys of windows versus mac.
but coming from an IT standpoint it was never about windows versus mac
nor is it Android Versus IOS. Apple is a headache for IT people because the OS is was designed for a simple easy to use experience same with the IOS. and For that matter same with motoblur and HTC sence they are all shooting for a easy to use uniform experience. the techy in me hates this as I enjoy tearing my tech gear apart. but then again I enjoy programming and command line interfaces like the what I use on Cisco's IOS

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
Meh, I had an iPhone, 3 to be exact (2G, 3G and 3GS) and frankly, Android > iOS. I think the only people to scramble out and buy a Verizon iPhone4 will be switchers from AT&T. Next up are Blackberry users that have wanted to jump ship and since most of them need simple, kindergarten level phones already, the iPhone is perfect for them. But I doubt many that use Android will switch.

Agreed! My niece owns a iPod 4th generation and it's just to restricting. I definitely love the freedom we have with the android platform.

AtreyuRock

Reaction score
My buddy has an Iphone. Half the sites I visit on my droid x I would not be able to view on his phone, epic fail! He does have itunes however, which is a plus, I'm still waiting patiently for this so called google music thats suppose to be like itunes but for android phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.