Verizon Confirms iPhone 4, $199 for 16GB, $299 for 32GB, Mobile Hotspot Included...

Discussion in 'Android News' started by Shadez, Jan 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    So can we now please place a ban on iPhone threads here on DROIDforums.netdancedroid (doesn't necessarily mean closing the more active thread we have now but aimed at elimination the dozen if not hundreds of bs threads to come).

2. lchavez289

lchavez289 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    [/quote]

Sorry, that post just reminded me of mac and windows lol[/QUOTE]Yeah Idk what's going on here.... BUT! I will tell you that immediately after this back and forth.. The kid is IMing me for a job!

3. Rhino413

Rhino413 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    there not better just more of them. Flash causes problems for the Iphone
    because the Iphone uses open C language for its API's and android uses Java. running it jailbreaked or not it still causes crashes and hangs on IOS
    C language is intenese as is java but java is cross platform and non hardware specific like the C language. the fact that the android phones have the dalvik compilier makes the OS more open and allows apps to be developed with little to no hardware specifics

4. Larry_ThaGr81

Larry_ThaGr81 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think VZW customers should call this the vPhone, lol. I think this will be for us customers, especially us android owners. It will force Motorola, HTC, etc to push these technological leaps even further as they see Apple start to chip away at their potential sales and I think it will force Apple to quit taking these baby steps in technology advances.

5. Larry_ThaGr81

Ratings:
    +0
    I can see a lot of people who want simple, locked down devices going after the iPhone while us more advance users sticking with the android platform.

6. ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen Silver Member

Ratings:
    +18
    Verizon explicitly stated that the device wouldn't be LTE capable. That is fact that came from the event... JUst as a quick flashback:
    "Q: Why didn't you go the LTE route?

Tim: Two reasons -- the first gen LTW chipsets force design changes we wouldn't make. And Verizon customers told us they want the iPhone now. I can't tell you the number of times we've been asked 'when will it work on Verizon.'"
    If Verizon said that the phone wasn't capable then why would you still keep it in your story? The fact that VZ likes springing things on people really doesn't overshadow the fact that they said the device wasn't capable of LTE. Im sorry if I sound blunt. But this really makes no sense... why not include the addition of Unicorns in your post as well? You should keep it factual. (this could make the rumor come alive, and im tired of reading these rumors. This one is instantly squashed though.)

7. markwebb

markwebb Active Member

Ratings:
    +27
    Quite true! I know a few people who will benefit greatly from the Iphone's simplicity.

All they want to do is make a call, check email and do lite web surfing and music listening while sharing photos of their children, pets, etc.

Simple and to the point...for a price! :)

I, and others like me, want the power and freedom of Android.

8. johnomaz

johnomaz Silver Member

Ratings:
    +775
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel 2XL
    Meh, I had an iPhone, 3 to be exact (2G, 3G and 3GS) and frankly, Android > iOS. I think the only people to scramble out and buy a Verizon iPhone4 will be switchers from AT&T. Next up are Blackberry users that have wanted to jump ship and since most of them need simple, kindergarten level phones already, the iPhone is perfect for them. But I doubt many that use Android will switch.

9. Rhino413

Rhino413 Member

Ratings:
    +0

you are right in the fact it churnes up memorys of windows versus mac.
    but coming from an IT standpoint it was never about windows versus mac
    nor is it Android Versus IOS. Apple is a headache for IT people because the OS is was designed for a simple easy to use experience same with the IOS. and For that matter same with motoblur and HTC sence they are all shooting for a easy to use uniform experience. the techy in me hates this as I enjoy tearing my tech gear apart. but then again I enjoy programming and command line interfaces like the what I use on Cisco's IOS

10. Varking

Varking Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Compare the same app and game on ios to android and point out the better android ones. Most of our apparently are ports from ios and are missing features. I own a Droid and an ipod I can easily compare.

11. Larry_ThaGr81

Ratings:
    +0
    Agreed! My niece owns a iPod 4th generation and it's just to restricting. I definitely love the freedom we have with the android platform.

12. AtreyuRock

AtreyuRock Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My buddy has an Iphone. Half the sites I visit on my droid x I would not be able to view on his phone, epic fail! He does have itunes however, which is a plus, I'm still waiting patiently for this so called google music thats suppose to be like itunes but for android phones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
iphone 4 16gb verizon pictures
iphone 4 cdma 32gb

verizon iphone 4 16gb pictures