Verizon Apple iPad available October 28th

Discussion in 'Android News' started by JohnDroid, Oct 14, 2010.

1. noother84

noother84 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Apple needs to work on letting users replace parts easily, rather than having them take it to the Apple Store or whatnot every time something is wrong. I'd never get an iPhone purely based on the fact that I can't stand not being able to open something up with minimal effort. I have played with iPhones and iPads and I own an iPod Touch, but none of them will ever deter me from owning a droid.

2. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +0
    I can see your point of not knowing who's serious and who's joking....

btw the sarcasm plug at the end is contradictory to your point :)

3. Darkseider

Darkseider Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No the Macbook only comes with the dry humor plug-in. The Windows machines ONLY come with the anti-virus, anti-spyware and anti-malware plugins. On the other hand if you ran a Linux box you could choose whatever plug-in you want! :)

4. HeroNova

HeroNova Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I can do the same thing with my wifi iPad and my wireless tether. Just another way for Verizon to capitalize on the market. I do hope to see a CDMA iPhone though. I think a little competition is good.

5. DAVID2010

DAVID2010 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    iOS

Really? Again with the Android is better than iOS. People are either lying or misinformed if you think Android does not have con's. Both iOS and Android have pro's and con's. Yeah, I do think iOS is more polished looking than Android. I have learned to live with my Droid X (3 of them)not responding as well as my iPhone's touchscreen. My Droid X is not locking up ALL the time but more than the iPhone's. (This 3rd one does work better than the older 2 though)
    I don't know if it's the developers or Android or both but I know plenty of applications that work/look great on iOS and are at times below average or worse on Android. Say what you want about Apple but you can't deny Apple being the one, not Android that has no carriers Bloatware in it. Not saying I use everything Apple installs but it sure as hell beats having that plus all the carriers BS. Let alone my Droid X having Motorola on it, Verizon on it TWICE and google also on it. Apple well, it just has APPLE. I wish more high end smart phones did this.
    Anyways I am not going to continue listing cons (no need to list my cons for Apple because most here already know/acknowledge it). Competition is only going to help us consumers get better and cheaper products. I like both and know both have good things going for them. dancedroid:iphone:

6. Darkseider

Darkseider Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Competition is good but Apple doesn't foster competition it squashes it through meritless patent suits, threats and FUD. Apple has gone the way of Microsoft. They would rather litigate than innovate.

7. OneTenderRebel

OneTenderRebel Silver Member

Ratings:
    +64
    Can't argue that point too much but wouldn't you agree a lot of these big businesses do the same thing? Every week it seems one of the companies is suing (insert name here) or...and so on. Unfortunately it is the way of big business. I think Android came about in the right way but it, like all big business, will fall to the corporate crud it needs to, to sell units.

8. Sweettooth

Sweettooth Member

Ratings:
    +11
    In the end it is to each his or her own. The rants and fact spewing will go on until the end of time simply because everyone has different preferences for various reasons. This is an Android forum; of course there's going to be a lot of Apple smack talk. Go on the Apple forums, I know I have and they do the same thing in regards to Android.

You can't please 'em all, and Verizon knows this, so instead they decided to make the red and blue corner a part of the same crimson ring. "Duke it out all you want fellas; we're getting paid either way!"

9. DAVID2010

DAVID2010 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Agreed. I heard some ridiculous commits by Apple fanatics. But both Android and Apple have them. Some people just are too extreme. Bashing another company, product and sometimes the person because they like a certain device is sad. Both companies are bringing great features to us.

10. DAVID2010

DAVID2010 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The part that is flat out wrong (will not argue as all companies seem to be in court for something) is Apple not innovating. Apple didn't invent the music player but what device comes close to iPod's sales.
    Google wants in on the phone business. I'm glad iPhone was/is a success. Did Apple follow the Android tablets coming out? No. But with million of APPLE IPAD's being sold a lot of companies are jumping on the bandwagon. Apple TV didn't follow Google TV.
    iTunes has without a doubt been a huge success. Im glad. Google wants in on that too. Blah,blah, blah.
    Im not saying Apple is the "BEST". Like was already said, to each there own. But Apple has done and has nice things...Just like google/Android devices.

11. Ice_Cold

Ice_Cold Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I dont know if this has been covered, But have you guys heard about the data plan that is going to come with the Ipad?

1 gig for 20 bucks a month. Talking about bending you over. I use on average 3-5 now

12. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    MSNBC just did a story on the iPad coming out on 10/28, and they mentioned in the same story that they are working on a version of the iPhone to come out in January. I'm hearing this in the background on my television.

Search tags for this page

apple fail

apple fails

funny verizon pictures
ipad fail
mifi connection timeout
verison apple i pad avaible for purchase
verizon demotivational