Verizon Apple iPad available October 28th

Darkseider

Reaction score
To this day I cannot for the life of me understand people like that. Why would anyone turn down a device that has MORE potential for one that has less. Even if they were to never use said potential the fact that it remains available to them if they so choose to is still there. Instead they opt for the lesser, read iPhone, in order to gain some type of social status or because its' prettier.

Your dogmatism never ceases to frustrate the crap out of me! Sometimes you make perfectly rational statements... and then sometimes you turn around and make statements that are clearly influenced by some sort of underlying pseudo-impression that anything Apple is equivalent to a pedophile, and Android is equivalent to the second coming of Christ. (yes, I know you've met Steve Jobs, and he was a pompous jerk, and all that...)

If you have a problem with "people like that", then you must walk around with a problem with most of the world's population. Why? Because most people have priorities in their lives, and smartphones/cellphones do not fall within those priorities. Therefore, most people will "settle" (as you see it) on issues that do not fall within their priorities. Do some people get the iPhone simply as a status symbol? Sure. Just as much as the Android fanboys dig Android just because it "bucks the trend" of the iPhone. It's a ridiculous argument. As my wife always says... "who the heck cares? It's a phone for goodness sake..."

Sarcasm aside, I'm with OneTenderRebel - I hate the dogmatic, irrational B.S. spewed by both Android and Apple fanboys alike, and I absolutely hate seeing blanket generalizations that place categories on people based on the type of smartphone they buy.

Well I do have a problem with most of the world's population for one reason or another. So you are right on that point. I believe and have evidence, anecdotal and empirical, that because Apple and Microsoft are making dumbed down technology products that society in general follows suit and gets dumber. The whole "who the heck cares?" is the exact problem. If more people were to challenge themselves just for the sake of challenge and the knowledge gained from it we as a society in general would be better off. Whether it be a challenge to learn a new programming language, spoken language, iron working, auto mechanics, hacking a phone or a PMP, how to ride a unicycle, wilderness survival, etc... Instead most people choose the easiest path out and in doing so not only hurt themselves by denying mental and physical growth but also pass that mentality and attitude to their offspring and so on. If you have never watched the movie "Idiocracy" I suggest you do. You will find some really scary similarities in a stupid satirical comedy and society today.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well I do have a problem with most of the world's population for one reason or another. So you are right on that point. I believe and have evidence, anecdotal and empirical, that because Apple and Microsoft are making dumbed down technology products that society in general follows suit and gets dumber. The whole "who the heck cares?" is the exact problem. If more people were to challenge themselves just for the sake of challenge and the knowledge gained from it we as a society in general would be better off. Whether it be a challenge to learn a new programming language, spoken language, iron working, auto mechanics, hacking a phone or a PMP, how to ride a unicycle, wilderness survival, etc... Instead most people choose the easiest path out and in doing so not only hurt themselves by denying mental and physical growth but also pass that mentality and attitude to their offspring and so on. If you have never watched the movie "Idiocracy" I suggest you do. You will find some really scary similarities in a stupid satirical comedy and society today.

I couldn't agree with you more, you're exactly right. The problem I have is that we can't do that in every aspect of our life, with everything we see or use on a daily basis. Just because somebody buys an iPhone doesn't mean they aren't challenging themselves in other areas of their life. To categorize someone as the "idiocracy" type, simply because of their smartphone and/or computer choice is illogical, and in my opinion, completely unfair.

I've been telling myself I need to see that movie for over a year... just haven't done it yet - though I know what it's about.

Edit: If you have evidence of a correlation between the dumbing down of society and the level of sophistication of MS/Apple's technology, I'm curious as to your take on that whole argument about whether or not having Google makes us smarter or not. Though I'm getting way off topic here... or rather, threadjacking! ;)

Last edited:

Darkseider

Reaction score

I couldn't agree with you more, you're exactly right. The problem I have is that we can't do that in every aspect of our life, with everything we see or use on a daily basis. Just because somebody buys an iPhone doesn't mean they aren't challenging themselves in other areas of their life. To categorize someone as the "idiocracy" type, simply because of their smartphone and/or computer choice is illogical, and in my opinion, completely unfair.

I've been telling myself I need to see that movie for over a year... just haven't done it yet - though I know what it's about.

Edit: If you have evidence of a correlation between the dumbing down of society and the level of sophistication of MS/Apple's technology, I'm curious as to your take on that whole argument about whether or not having Google makes us smarter or not. Though I'm getting way off topic here... or rather, threadjacking! ;)

OK. Well no more threadjacking happening from now on. Yes I do have proof some anecdotal and some empirical. In any case I will write it up and send it to you for review. I think you will find it interesting.

EmmVeePee

Reaction score
For those of us who don't buy into it, the "us vs. them" mentality is tragically moronic.

If you think this is a bad thing, you're an idiot.

supremekizzle

Reaction score
geez, you people are so gung-ho about android. Jesus, it is a frickin mobile phone OS, not something to base your life around. I like how everyone has so much crap to talk about when it comes to apple but guess what, it sells. Why are you sooooo mad at apple anyway? If you don't like it, DON'T USE IT! How is complaining about apple every chance you get going to stop them from consistently selling products? LET IT GO! I like android just as much as all of you, but I don't sit here complaining that apple is a multi billion dollar company. People that say, "I don't want to conform", "Apple users are sheep",blah blah blah, why do you hate it so bad? If you don't use it, why does it bother you sooooo much? I only tried to state that android could use a better UI and better industrial design. Why jump down my throat for stating the obvious. You do know that like apple, google is a big corporation that is slowly taking over a bunch of industries from music to T.V. big deal if I stated that I want to get an Iphone. That is my personal choice, just like all of you have a pesonal choice. Before android you complained about apple not giving their users a choice, well now there is a choice and you still have to whine and sneer about apple. GROW UP. I probably will continue to use android and see if it improves with 3.0 but not if android turns into the same attitude that apple has. Because all of you now have apples "mines better than yours" mentality. I don't care how much crap I get for saying this but it is true, deep down you still despise apple because you know its pretty and it does sell andyou don't want to switch. That's fine! Keep your android, but don't sit there and complain about apple. It usually shows that you secretly like something you can't have when you act like this. I LOVE ANDROID but I have no need to sneer at a good product. If I don't like it I don't get it. I don't sneer at colgate because I use crest, I don't sneer at panasonic because I use sony, I don't sneer at ps3 because I use xbox. Get a life people.

Darkseider

Reaction score
geez, you people are so gung-ho about android. Jesus, it is a frickin mobile phone OS, not something to base your life around. I like how everyone has so much crap to talk about when it comes to apple but guess what, it sells. Why are you sooooo mad at apple anyway? If you don't like it, DON'T USE IT! How is complaining about apple every chance you get going to stop them from consistently selling products? LET IT GO! I like android just as much as all of you, but I don't sit here complaining that apple is a multi billion dollar company. People that say, "I don't want to conform", "Apple users are sheep",blah blah blah, why do you hate it so bad? If you don't use it, why does it bother you sooooo much? I only tried to state that android could use a better UI and better industrial design. Why jump down my throat for stating the obvious. You do know that like apple, google is a big corporation that is slowly taking over a bunch of industries from music to T.V. big deal if I stated that I want to get an Iphone. That is my personal choice, just like all of you have a pesonal choice. Before android you complained about apple not giving their users a choice, well now there is a choice and you still have to whine and sneer about apple. GROW UP. I probably will continue to use android and see if it improves with 3.0 but not if android turns into the same attitude that apple has. Because all of you now have apples "mines better than yours" mentality. I don't care how much crap I get for saying this but it is true, deep down you still despise apple because you know its pretty and it does sell andyou don't want to switch. That's fine! Keep your android, but don't sit there and complain about apple. It usually shows that you secretly like something you can't have when you act like this. I LOVE ANDROID but I have no need to sneer at a good product. If I don't like it I don't get it. I don't sneer at colgate because I use crest, I don't sneer at panasonic because I use sony, I don't sneer at ps3 because I use xbox. Get a life people.

I sneer at XBox too not because I use a PS3 but because it is an Xbox and Aaron Greenberg the director of XBox product management is a lying sack of crap. MS produced a faulty system, RRoD, and then denied the 30%+ failure rate which is abysmal by anyone's standards when it comes to any product, let alone consumer electronics. They constantly do whatever they can to copy the competition and go so far as to lie about product specs and sales in order to further sell a P.O.S. Then again I sneer at anything Microsoft and this was just a convenient example seeing that you brought it up.

Apple is no different. "You're holding it the wrong way". REALLY? Ooh and one last correction.

"Apple users are sheep",baa baa baa..."

There fixed it for you. :)

supremekizzle

Reaction score

I sneer at XBox too not because I use a PS3 but because it is an Xbox and Aaron Greenberg the director of XBox product management is a lying sack of crap. MS produced a faulty system, RRoD, and then denied the 30%+ failure rate which is abysmal by anyone's standards when it comes to any product, let alone consumer electronics. They constantly do whatever they can to copy the competition and go so far as to lie about product specs and sales in order to further sell a P.O.S. Then again I sneer at anything Microsoft and this was just a convenient example seeing that you brought it up.

Apple is no different. "You're holding it the wrong way". REALLY? Ooh and one last correction.

"Apple users are sheep",baa baa baa..."

There fixed it for you. :)

SO DON'T USE IT!! But you consistently whine about products that are obviously SELLING MILLIONS of units. You don't think android has faults? Then sir, you are seriously blinded and oblivious just like the people you sneer at. You are becoming an android sheep. Google and verixon have you right where they want you, making THEM money. Is your life based around a mobile OS? Your avoiding the question, Why does it bug you? If its not in your hands, why does it piss you off sooooo bad? If other people are sheep to apple, good, that's all the more android for you then. Your just the same as apple fanboys, just on the android side. you try and shove android down other peoples throats and snap like a crackhead waiting for a fix if the word apple or iphone is dropped. Grow up android fanboy and let people choose what they want to use. Hmmmm choice, isn't that what open source is all about?

OP
R

RETG

OP
R

RETG

DroidMastar2

Reaction score

Man I agree for the most part. I own an IPhone and a Droid. I like them both. They both have their strengths and their weaknesses. It does get a little annoying when Droid or Apple fanboys brag about their ish because at the end of the day... they are both making someone rich and that someone aint me lol...

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I own an IPhone and a Droid. I like them both. They both have their strengths and their weaknesses. It does get a little annoying when Droid or Apple fanboys brag about their ish because at the end of the day... they are both making someone rich and that someone aint me lol...

Very true. I wish it was making me rich. Haha

Trying out Sprint for a month. Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk. 4G is pointless when you don't live in one of the few available network areas.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So after I spent some time with VZW today I got this from them

Yes it's an Ipad...yes the Iphone is on it's way............yes the Galaxy tabs are on thier way....yes the Droid Incredible HD is on its way... and some other stuff i have been asked to hold back for now...but I can tell you that VZw's plan is unreal and thier internal roadmap is gonna blow ATT and the other competition out of the water

If you can its may be time to buy stock in Verizon

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score

Yes it's an Ipad...yes the Iphone is on it's way............yes the Galaxy tabs are on thier way....yes the Droid Incredible HD is on its way... and some other stuff i have been asked to hold back for now...but I can tell you that VZw's plan is unreal and thier internal roadmap is gonna blow ATT and the other competition out of the water

are you able to give a time frame for the iPhone, not that I want one, but I know your sources have generally proven reliable and I am interested to see if Jan is about right or if it will be much longer like a lot of people think.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

First who confided in you at verizon. Haha second what is the Droid Incredible HD. I do my research but have not heard of the HD. Thanks

Trying out Sprint for a month. Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk. 4G is pointless when you don't live in one of the few available network areas.