Verizon Apple iPad available October 28th

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
. . .Suffice to say that for some the choice of a mobile phone o/s is a defining feature of one's character. Odd but true.

I read an article the other day that saidt brand loyalty might serve some of the same needs in peoples lives as religion.

Brand Loyalty an Expression of Self-Worth, Just Like Religion

If true, and this is only a couple studies and some speculation, it goes far to explain the current Android vs. Apple warfare. They have the two highest customer loyalty ratings in the market.

And now that I've offended 90% {alert: made up statistic} of the forum, I shall duck and run for cover.

Mysfit

Reaction score
So Verizon is getting the ipad. Wal Mart is getting the ipad in stores soon they already have it at walmart.com for 499.00 for the 16gig wifi version just get that and use a droid :p

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
. . .Suffice to say that for some the choice of a mobile phone o/s is a defining feature of one's character. Odd but true.

I read an article the other day that saidt brand loyalty might serve some of the same needs in peoples lives as religion.

Brand Loyalty an Expression of Self-Worth, Just Like Religion

If true, and this is only a couple studies and some speculation, it goes far to explain the current Android vs. Apple warfare. They have the two highest customer loyalty ratings in the market.

And now that I've offended 90% {alert: made up statistic} of the forum, I shall duck and run for cover.

Very true indeed... Chevy vs Ford, College Football, Yanks vs Red Sox, etc.... people like to feel like they're a part of something, and can really get caught up in that stuff, to a fault.

RolandOG

Reaction score
I can't tell you how many times I've felt like responding to a post bashing Apple. It's not worth it, though. It's sad that people feel the need to bash Apple, especially when the vast majority of them have never owned a Mac. I love my Droid and my iMac.

debdroid1a

Reaction score
If this is a sign that Verizon is moving tword the iOS, I think Verizon is going to kill Android by locking it down to the point where the user experience ( VCrap Software ) is WORSE than the iPhone...

In my opinion, Verizon will Kill Android....
Android phones are also on other networks. So why would only Verizon kill the Android phones? I've read where some said they would go to Sprint if they had a decent Android phone and Verizon didn't. I could see that, I changed providers because of the phone. I went to Verizon because Sprint didn't have any decent phones when my New every 2 year came up (even with the $50 discount and then another $50 when I e-mailed them). I wanted something nicer, and got an Env2 (yes that was one of the nicer phones at the time for the price I was looking at). Stayed because they had the Droid.

Now the iPad. I think it looks cool. But too expensive for me. No I'm not cheap, just don't have that kind of cash. And it being an Apple product isn't appealing to me. But until I can't do something on my Droid or Netbook, I'll continue to search for a good, reasonably priced, tablet.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can't tell you how many times I've felt like responding to a post bashing Apple. It's not worth it, though. It's sad that people feel the need to bash Apple, especially when the vast majority of them have never owned a Mac. I love my Droid and my iMac.

Agree! It is not worth it. I love my Droid and my MBP :biggrin:

eryck22

Reaction score
OMG all you folks blathering on about iPhone and VZW. Let's get this straight. Until LTE is widely accepted and implemented on carriers throughout the US which is by the end of 2012 and beginning of 2013 there will be NO VZW iPhone. Apple WILL NOT re-engineer and re-certify a separate product when one will work. Second and most important for the reading impaired. It has been CONFIRMED by multiple sources and even printed in black and white that the Apple and AT&T exclusivity contract is a FIVE (5) year contract which started in Q2 2007. For the mathematically impaired. 7 + 5 = 12. Hence Q2/2012 is when that contract becomes moot unless Apple and AT&T decide to renew. At that point AND only at that point will you see a multi-carrier iPhone in the US. Coincidentally this timeline happens to be the same timeline when LTE will be rolled out almost everywhere. kthnxbai

Hey Darksider...I guess you are wrong just as I pointed out many months ago. It seems you do not understand the business world. Why would you know anything working at a small AT&T faciltiy. Why would Apple pass up an opportunity to make money hand over fist...come on dude wake up! APPLE IPHONE RELEASING FEB 2011 not 2012 not 2013...as your infinite wisdom pointed out.

UNC

Reaction score
CDMA iPad is coming this year too.....

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
OMG all you folks blathering on about iPhone and VZW. Let's get this straight. Until LTE is widely accepted and implemented on carriers throughout the US which is by the end of 2012 and beginning of 2013 there will be NO VZW iPhone. Apple WILL NOT re-engineer and re-certify a separate product when one will work. Second and most important for the reading impaired. It has been CONFIRMED by multiple sources and even printed in black and white that the Apple and AT&T exclusivity contract is a FIVE (5) year contract which started in Q2 2007. For the mathematically impaired. 7 + 5 = 12. Hence Q2/2012 is when that contract becomes moot unless Apple and AT&T decide to renew. At that point AND only at that point will you see a multi-carrier iPhone in the US. Coincidentally this timeline happens to be the same timeline when LTE will be rolled out almost everywhere. kthnxbai

Hey Darksider...I guess you are wrong just as I pointed out many months ago. It seems you do not understand the business world. Why would you know anything working at a small AT&T faciltiy. Why would Apple pass up an opportunity to make money hand over fist...come on dude wake up! APPLE IPHONE RELEASING FEB 2011 not 2012 not 2013...as your infinite wisdom pointed out.

there are several instances of darkseider being wrong across many threads haha...but to be fair, he did admit his mistake, and the past is the past...

Bear in NM

Reaction score
Preach,

No wonder it was not released. The "f" bomb was one thing but the guy who went on about watching a movie while driving was funny and scarey. At first I thought, yea, I get it let the kids in the back watch. Then he goes on to say why should only the kids be able to watch the movie. I wanna know where this dink lives, so I can stay the heck away from him on the road.

Craig